The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some of our (current) commits stats from Friday night:

Dameon Pierce
Stat line: 212 yards and 4 touchdowns on 19 carries in 51-0 win over Sarasota (Sarasota, Fla.)
Next game: Friday vs. Rickards (Tallahassee, FL)
Quotable: “Sarasota couldn’t tackle Pierce with less than one man. His longest run of the night was a 60-yarder that put the Bearcats up 28-0 at the start of the second quarter. After two more scores from Pierce and another from Markel Broadnax, Bainbridge was heading into the locker room with a comfortable 42-0 lead.” —

Jamaar Chase
Stat line: 85-yard kick return TD, 5 receptions for 113 yards and a touchdown in a 41-23 win over Teurlings Catholic (Lafayette, La.)
Next game: Saturday vs. Archbishop Shaw (Marrero, La.)
Quotable: “The game was much closer than the final score The Rebels cut the Rummel lead to 21-16 with :06 remaining in the first half, knowing they would get the ball to begin the second half, before Chase returned a kickoff for a touchdown. … There was another instance in the fourth quarter in which Chase broke a tackle, which could have forced a Rummel punt, to keep the drive alive and ultimately score.”

Divaad Wilson
Stat line: 2 interceptions in Northwestern’s 14-7 win over Booker T. Washington.
Next game: Saturday vs. IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
Quotable: “In their first game since Sept. 1, after Hurricane Irma halted high school football action throughout South Florida, the Bulls picked off Tornadoes quarterback Daniel Richardson four times including three times in the fourth quarter to lock up its third win in a row in the series. Florida Gators recruit and senior Divaad Wilson had two of the picks.”

Matt Corral only plays 1 half
9-15 152 yards 2 TDs
Poly wins 28-0

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Friday Night Lights recap week 5: Florida Gators recruiting

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/friday-night-lights-recap-week-5-florida-gators-recruiting/

High School Recap

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Divaad Wilson- Wilson had two interceptions in a 14-7 win.

2018 commits

Athlete Amari Burney (6-1, 215, Clearwater, FL. Calvary Christian)

Result: Calvary Christian (2-1) lost to the First Academy 26-24 on Friday.

Game Stats: Burney had a 6-yard touchdown catch in the loss.

Notes: Burney has three touchdowns on the year.

Receiver Ja’Marr Chase (6-1, 195, Metairie, LA. Archbishop Rummel)

Result: Archbishop Rummel (3-0) defeated Teurlings Catholic 41-23 on Saturday.

Game Stats: Chase had an 80-yard punt return for a touchdown and td catch.

Notes: Rummel continues to dominate the competition.

Running back Iverson Clement (5-11, 199, Mount Holly, NJ. Rancocas Valley)

Result: Rancocas Valley (3-0) defeated Trenton Central 38-6 on Friday.

Game Stats: Clement had 30-yard receiving touchdown in the win.

Notes: N/A

Receiver Jacob Copeland (6-0, 192, Pensacola, FL. Escambia)

Result: Escambia (2-2) won by forfeit.

Game Stats: N/A

Notes: The opposing team was a smaller school who forfeited the game.

Quarterback Matt Corral (6-2, 196, Long Beach, CA. Poly)

Result: Long Beach Poly (3-1) defeated Millikan 28-0.

Game Stats: Corral was 9-15 for 152 yards and two touchdowns.

Notes: Long Beach Poly is 3-1 on the year.

Offensive lineman Curtis Dunlap (6-4, 368, Bradenton, FL. IMG Academy)

Result: IMG (3-0) defeated Central 24-15 on Friday.

Notes: IMG came from behind to win the game.

Receiver Corey Gammage (6-2, 188, Delray Beach, FL. Atlantic)

Result: Atlantic (2-1) defeated Park Vista 10-3.

Notes: Atlantic picked up a district win on Friday.

Tight end Dante Lang (6-5, 220, Boca Raton, FL. High)

Result: Boca Raton (2-1) defeated Santaluces 46-8 on Friday.

Notes: Boca Raton returned to the field with a win.

Running back Dameon Pierce (5-11, 205, Bainbridge, GA. High)

Result: Bainbridge (4-1) defeated Sarasota 51-0.

Game Stats: Pierce had 21 carries for 216 yards and four touchdowns.

Notes: Pierce continues to lead Bainbridge.

Tight end Kyle Pitts (6-5, 235, Warminster, PA. Archbishop Wood)

Result: Archbishop Wood (3-2) defeated Roman Catholic 38-6 on Saturday.

Notes: Archbishop is now 3-2 on the year.

Linebacker David Reese (6-2, 213, Vero Beach, FL. High)

Result: Vero Beach (3-0) defeated Pahokee 28-13 on Friday.

Game Stats: Reese had a sack and several hurries in the win.

Notes: Vero Beach had a strong defensive showing.

Defensive back Randy Russell (5-11, 180, Miami, FL. Carol City)

Result: Carol City (1-1) defeated Dr. Krop 48-0 on Friday.

Notes: Carol City returned with a win.

Receiver Tyquan Thornton (6-3, 165, Miami, FL. Booker T. Washington)

Result: Booker T. (1-2) lost to Northwestern 14-7 on Friday.

Notes: Booker T returned with a loss.

Defensive end Taylor Upshaw (6-5, 240, Bradenton, FL. Braden River)

Result: Braden River (2-0) had a bye week this week.

Notes: Braden River will be back on the field next week.

Safety Deontai Williams (6-0, 175, Ellisville, MS. Jones County JUCO)

Result: Jones County (3-1) defeated Copiah-Lincoln 35-10 on Thursday.

Game Stats: Williams had 2 tackles in the win and a forced fumble.

Notes: Jones County is now 3-1 on the year.

Receiver Jalynn Williams (5-10, 188, St. Petersburg, FL. High)

Result: St. Petersburg (3-0) defeated Gibbs 38-6 on Friday night.

Notes: St. Petersburg is undefeated on the year.

Cornerback Divaad Wilson (6-0, 180, Miami, FL. Northwestern)

Result: Northwestern (3-0) defeated Booker T 14-7 on Friday.

Game Stats: Wilson had two interceptions in the game.

Note: Northwestern returned with a win on Friday.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Story on OL Ed Montilus from Tennessee week:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/montilus-getting-comfortable-with-the-florida-gators/

Montilus getting comfortable with the Florida Gators
By
Andrew Spivey
-
September 20, 2017

Florida Gators fans have been hearing this the last few years but the same can be said for the 2018 recruiting class and that’s that offensive linemen are need in Gainesville.

Good news is that the state has plenty of top targets including offensive lineman Ed Montilus (6-2, 288, Apopka. FL. High) who visited Gainesville on Saturday afternoon.

“It was great, it was a good experience for me to see,” Montilus said. “I see the way they fought back when it was tied and about to go into overtime. They just had an extra play and they made it.”

Montilus saw some good things from the Gators offensive line and he liked their work ethic during the game.

“They never quit, they keep going,” he said of Florida’s offensive line. “Even though at times the ball is turned over or fumbled, they just kept going. And then they just made the play at the end.”

Before and after the game, Montilus had the chance to talk to several Gators coaches including offensive line coach Brad Davis.

“It was great talking to him today [Saturday],”Montilus said of talking with Brad Davis on Saturday. “I’m more comfortable with him and able to talk to him more. He just asked me if I loved it here. He wants me to feel at home here and he’s making me feel comfortable.”

This the third visit to Gainesville in the last few months for Montilus he admits that he sees himself being comfortable at Florida.

“I think they’re pretty good school, I could fit in here,” he said of Florida. “I’m just really trying to see and stuff like that.”

For months now, Montilus and his teammate William Barnes have mainted the same top schools and that’s still the case now.

“Florida and North Carolina are recruiting me the hardest,” Montilus said. “They text me just about everyday, I talk them mostly everyday.”

Montilus plans to be at many Florida home games this year but admits a few other schools could get visits.

“I’m not sure just Florida and North Carolina for sure,” he said on visits this fall. “Possibly more schools just not sure. I’m not sure yet on official visits.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Barnes and Montilus are taking visits together and look to be heading to the same college together. Florida is in good shape for both of these guys and they both plan to be in the Swamp a lot this year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
High School Recap

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Matt Corral:
Corral was 25-39 for 457 yards for five touchdowns and added two rushing touchdowns.

2018 commits

Athlete Amari Burney (6-1, 215, Clearwater, FL. Calvary Christian)
Result:
Calvary Christian (3-1) defeated Cardinal Mooney 19-16 in overtime.
Game Stats: Burney had 7 catches for 56 yards in the win.
Notes: Burney has three touchdowns on the year.

Receiver Ja’Marr Chase (6-1, 195, Metairie, LA. Archbishop Rummel)
Result:
Archbishop Rummel (4-0) defeated Archbishop Shaw 56-10.
Game Stats: Chase had a 39-yard touchdown catch in the win. Chase finished with 3 catches for 58-yards.
Notes: Rummel continues to dominate the competition.

Running back Iverson Clement (5-11, 199, Mount Holly, NJ. Rancocas Valley)
Result:
Rancocas Valley (4-0) defeated Washington Township on Thursday.
Game Stats: Clement had 178 yards rushing and a touchdown in the win.
Notes: N/A

Receiver Jacob Copeland (6-0, 192, Pensacola, FL. Escambia)
Result:
Escambia (3-2) defeated Pine Forest 33-21 on Friday night.
Game Stats: Copeland had a 43-yard punt return in the win.
Notes: Copeland beat his former team on Friday.

Quarterback Matt Corral (6-2, 196, Long Beach, CA. Poly)
Result:
Long Beach Poly (4-1) defeated Woodrow Wilson 56-0 on Friday.
Game Stats: Corral was 25-39 for 457 yards for five touchdowns and added two rushing touchdowns.
Notes: Long Beach Poly is 4-1 on the year.

Offensive lineman Curtis Dunlap (6-4, 368, Bradenton, FL. IMG Academy)
Result:
IMG (4-0) defeated Northwestern 21-0 on Saturday.
Notes: IMG continues to run the ball well.

Receiver Corey Gammage (6-2, 188, Delray Beach, FL. Atlantic)
Result:
Atlantic (3-1) defeated Spanish River 29-6.
Notes: Atlantic is on a three game winning streak.

Tight end Dante Lang (6-5, 220, Boca Raton, FL. High)
Result:
Boca Raton (2-2) lost to Palm Beach Central 26-14.
Game Stats: Lang had 3 catches for 47 yards in the loss.
Notes: Boca Raton had big plays come back due to penalties in the game.

Running back Dameon Pierce (5-11, 205, Bainbridge, GA. High)
Result:
Bainbridge (4-2) lost to Rickards 47-21 on Friday.
Game Stats: Pierce had 23 carries for 293 yards and three touchdowns.
Notes: Pierce continues to lead Bainbridge but they fell short on Friday.

Tight end Kyle Pitts (6-5, 235, Warminster, PA. Archbishop Wood)
Result:
Archbishop Wood (4-2) defeated Roman Catholic 38-6 on Saturday.
Notes: Archbishop is now 4-2 on the year.

Linebacker David Reese (6-2, 213, Vero Beach, FL. High)
Result:
Vero Beach (4-0) defeated Centennial 30-3 on Friday.
Game Stats: Reese had three sacks and a tackle for a loss in the win.
Notes: Vero Beach had a strong defensive showing.

Defensive back Randy Russell (5-11, 180, Miami, FL. Carol City)
Result:
Carol City (2-1) defeated Hialeah 55-0.
Notes: Carol City is on a two game winning streak.

Receiver Tyquan Thornton (6-3, 165, Miami, FL. Booker T. Washington)
Result:
Booker T. (1-2) lost to Northwestern 14-7 on Friday.
Notes: Booker T returned with a loss.

Defensive end Taylor Upshaw (6-5, 240, Bradenton, FL. Braden River)
Result:
Braden River (2-1) lost to Venice 41-35 on Friday.
Notes: Braden River loss for the first time this year.

Safety Deontai Williams (6-0, 175, Ellisville, MS. Jones County JUCO)
Result:
Jones County (4-1) defeated Southwest 61-20.
Game Stats: Williams didn’t register any stats in the win.
Notes: Jones County is now 4-1 on the year.

Receiver Jalynn Williams (5-10, 188, St. Petersburg, FL. High)
Result:
St. Petersburg (3-1) lost to Pinellas Park 31-14 on Friday.
Game Stats: Williams didn’t play due to an ankle injury.
Notes: St. Petersburg lost for the first time on Friday.

Cornerback Divaad Wilson (6-0, 180, Miami, FL. Northwestern)
Result:
Northwestern (3-1) lost to IMG 21-0 on Saturday.
Game Stats: Wilson had a key interception on the goalline in the loss.
Note: N/A

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from gatorcountry 9/30):

Running late this week as my internet provider was down for two days. Let's just say I've been playing catch up all week. So, I have tried to get the latest information and spoken with those I could who might have some bits of tid. Here goes.

Is the current class solid? Yes, it seems so. Andrew answered a similar question in the mailbag and we agree that Matty Ice is the key to holding the class together. We also agree that Copeland will stick.

Ice and Hall: unless something happens the two of them will be in for LSU.

Next commits: most likely after the HS season is over and some OV' take place. Also consider tht UF is monitoring situations at other schools that could change things for certain players, cough cough Surtain.

Code name Cough Drop: Stated LSU is still the leader. Spoke highly of UF. I still think he signs with LSU but the lsu fanboards remind me of the UF Zook era.

Chase: as of now, I think he sticks. I have said from the start if the kid was LSU he would already have committed to them.

NPF: Should be here for LSU game. I think we lead but he keeps things close to the vest. UF has 5 OL on the board that I'm aware of and would take all 5 if they will come IMO. Why? Right now it is starting to look like UF only signed one last year. Taking the transfer of Delance from Texas is looking smarter everyday.

The Big picture: The CC fraud investigation is dragging along. The staff is planning as if none of them will play this season. I was told that at a minimum 4 of the guys will never play at UF again. It could rise to 5 and then you have the chance that some of the ones who could come back next year will transfer in an effort to get a clean start. As of today I predict 4 gone, 3 will be ok and 2 up in the air. None will play this year and consider this, after the legal process, any player not dismissed will have to go through the Student Code of Conduct hearing. Certainly things could change but that's my prediction based on everything I know about the situation.

What it Means: You take a full class. I do not know how any can be counted back to last year but the UF class could go as high as 28 although I would guess 26 or 27 right now It also means UF needs to hit on the remaining targets especially at O-line and Line backer.

Current Team: I don't think most realize how many young guys are playing on defense for UF. I can assure you the recruits have noticed. Several have been quoted that the staff will play the best person regardless of class.

FSU: 0-2 and looking at several potential losses. Fan base is upset and vocal. Your favorite O-line coach and mine, a Mr. Trickett is about as popular as a Nazi at an Antifa rally.The play of his O-line is being blamed for the DF injury and the problems from last year. Blackmon is so thin, most nole fans don't think he will last too long taking so many hits. FSU will need to resort to either keeping the back or TE in to block.

UT: If the dawgs blow out UT today, the noise in the system will go from loud to rock concert levels. I've gotten conflicting info on how much and if UT is in a position to buy out Jones. If you saw the stands last week you know it's a bad situation in VolVille.

UGA: I think they are good, maybe very good. Certainly the best team left on the UF schedule.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn DB Commit to visit UF, Jamien Sherwood, 6'2 195lbs:

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...ate-DB-to-visit-the-Florida-Gators--108321780

After visiting the Florida Gators for their win over the Tennessee Volunteers earlier this season, Jenson Beach (Fla.) three-star safety Jamien Sherwood will return again to Gainesville this weekend when the Gators host the LSU Tigers. The Auburn Tigers commit was just at Auburn this past weekend for the first time this season to see their win over Mississippi State.

The Gators finished second for Sherwood when he committed to the Tigers over the summer, and while he insists his commitment to Auburn is strong, the Gators do seem to still be in the picture. The Gators had a big need at the safety position this recruiting cycle, and Sherwood has mentioned interest in the Gators defensive scheme in the past. Sherwood plans to visit Auburn and Florida again this season in the future and take official visits to both.

If the Gators are in the market for adding another safety this cycle, Sherwood could be an option to keep an eye on.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Sherwood as the No. 35 safety in the 2018 recruiting class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting could benefit if FSU, LSU keep struggling

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-zachs-mail-stack-100417

How are FSU's (relative) struggles affecting UF's recruiting, if at all?

Abolverdi: Florida and Florida State have had some intense recruiting battles over the last two decades, but not so much in recent years.

The Gators have competed with Alabama, Georgia and Miami more often than FSU, though the in-state rivals still target many of the same prospects.

UF head coach Jim McElwain and his staff just haven’t had many head-to-head battles with Jimbo Fisher & Co. There’s been some, but not a lot.

That’s point No. 1. Secondly, it will take more than a couple losses for the FSU program — and specifically Fisher — to get knocked off the pedestal it has sat on since 2013.

The Seminoles have been the best team in the state for multiple years and Fisher is one of the top 5 coaches in college football. Their 0-2 start was ugly, but there’s two reasons they looked that way: Alabama and a freshman quarterback.

The Gators — and many college football teams –have fell victim to both.

All that being said, Florida could still reap some benefits if the Seminoles have a down year. UF won’t be able to raid Florida State’s commitment list, and the two schools aren’t battling each other for any uncommitted recruits in the state.

But if the Seminoles were to fall apart and finish .500 or worse, the Gators might make another run at 3-star DE Stacy Kirby or one of FSU’s O-line commits. I’m not anticipating that, but I do think Florida could sign a higher-ranked recruiting class if the Seminoles miss on some top targets due to on-field struggles.

That hasn’t happened since 2013.

Follow
Brian Barry @briannolanbarry

Which recruits are we likely to flip from the '18 and '19 classes of Tenn and LSU if their downward spiral leads to coaching changes?

Abolverdi: Florida has already reaped the benefits of LSU’s coaching change, signing their second Louisiana recruit since 2001 in the last class (4-star DB Brad Stewart) and landing a commitment from top-100 WR Ja’Marr Chase in this recruiting cycle.

If the Tigers tank this season, I could see the Gators trying to flip 3-star OL Cameron Wire or one of LSU’s four defensive tackle commits. Florida is already going all in for 5-star OL Kardell Thomas, a 2019 LSU commit who plans to visit UF this weekend for the game.

As for the Volunteers, I don’t think Florida would try to flip any of their current commits if coach Butch Jones gets fired.

Follow
Co @CoBeingCo

what're recruits saying about the offense?

Here’s a roundup after some recent comments from recruits about Florida’s offense.

4-star WR Anthony Schwartz: “They’re able to move the ball easier. Now that they got the first-game jitters out, a lot of new faces and a new quarterback, I feel like they’re doing a lot better this time. … I just like where the program is going and I like how the offense is improving every game.”

4-star OL Richard Gouraige: “The offense has looked better the last couple weeks. They had a good game against Vandy. Feleipe The offensive line did a great job and Malik (Davis) made a bunch of plays. So they’re starting to make some progress.”

4-star OL William Barnes: “(The O-line) struggled at times, but all offensive lines really do. I think they just kept it together. They didn’t fall apart. They didn’t make too many major mistakes. And other than those, I think they did pretty well.”

Florida WR commit Tyquan Thornton: “I just wanted to see them take the top off a defense and they did that (against Tennessee). They have a lot of guys that can make plays. Tyrie Cleveland and Brandon Powell, those two got my attention. They’re explosive. It was fun to watch.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wonder if this staff is going to continue to concede Jacksonville to any school that wants it?

Jacksonville, FL 2020 prospect Jalen Rivers joins teammate with 4-star ranking

http://gridironnow.com/jacksonville-fl-2020-prospect-jalen-rivers-joins-teammate-4-star-ranking/

Oakleaf High School in Jacksonville (Fla.) doesn’t have the best record to this point in the season, but its future is bright thanks to a pair of players with star potential. Four-star defensive end Chantz Williams is an undeniable talent in the 2020 graduating class who will only continue to grow, and helping him develop along the way is fellow sophomore offensive tackle, Jalen Rivers.

Like Williams, Rivers (6-feet-5, 327 pounds), is a four-star prospect according to 247Sports. He is rated as the No. 59 player overall in the 2020 class.

What does he think about being rated so highly?

“I don’t really look at that, I just try to be humble and work on my craft,” Rivers told GN. “It is a good thing to have, though, to be already looking D1 as a sophomore.”

There are 13 schools who have already offered Rivers a scholarship; the list is similar to that of his teammate Williams and includes some of the nation’s top programs – Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Michigan and Tennessee among them.

Rivers has visited and talked to many of the schools that have offered him, and he knows what they’re looking for.

“They want aggressiveness,” Rivers said. “They want me to be smart in the class room and the meetings. They look forward to having me there.”

The sophomore is a long ways away from committing, but already has a few programs in mind that interest him the most.

“Right now, I would say Miami, Florida State, Florida and Ohio State, even though they haven’t offered me yet, they’re still interested,” Rivers said.

Rivers was adamant that he wants to be the best he can be academically before he turns his attention to the football field. To continue to grow as a player and a person, Rivers knows that it begins off the field.

“Keep on getting good grades, be great in the classroom as I am, I’m an all-A student,” Rivers said. “I strive to be the greatest and to work hard in drills, be good to my parents and respect my coaches.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida Gators recruiting mailbag: October 5th edition

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-mailbag-october-5th-edition/

Well let’s dive right in to this week’s recruiting mailbag:

Diesel350z: How many linebackers are we taking this year and how are the main targets?
AS: One to two more linebackers, plus David Reese has been the plan and I think will remain the plan unless something happens where Ventrell Miller and James Houston do not come back. In that case they could for more bodies there and maybe even a JUCO linebacker. You can’t have the same depth issues next year as you do this year.

Mikegator10: Are our linebacker targets good in pass coverage or are they more of the bigger “thumper” guys in the middle?
AS: Reese is a guy that is very athletic who has played safety, defensive end, linebacker so he can cover guys. Channing Tindall is a guy that can do it all and be good at it. Tindall is guy that will play in the NFL and be a three down linebacker.

Babablkshp: How do things sit with Jamarr Chase? Does LSU’s trouble push him as a stronger Florida commit?
AS: Florida is in good shape with Chase and that has in large part due to his relationship with Tim Skipper and his relationship with Matt Corral. Skipper has done a great job with him and his family and LSU losing like they’re only helps the Gators.

Macbgator: Who are our potential recruits for Place Kicker?
AS: Thomas Burks from Tennessee and Connor Davis are the guys that Florida is focusing on and both will be in Gainesville on Saturday. The big thing is the Gators are waiting to hear what Eddy Pineiro does after this year.

Heights112: With the de-commit train rolling in from Tenn, who is a possibility for the Gators?
AS: Right now, it doesn’t look like Florida will go after any of those guys except for JUCO defensive lineman Dorian Gerald. Gerald hasn’t decomitted from Tennessee but is looking at Florida and South Carolina and the Gators will likely get an official visit from him.

Kdm: How likely is it that we get a commit at or after the LSU game? Is there anybody that might realistically pop this weekend?
AS: I don’t see a commit happening this weekend but anytime a kid visits, it’s possible. Most of the 2018 guys visiting Florida this weekend are looking to wait awhile to make a decision as well.

Southcolgator: Are you concerned about our defensive tackle recruiting? How many do you expect we want and what does our board look like?
AS: Not just defensive tackle recruiting but defensive line recruiting in general is down this year. Florida has just defensive end Taylor Upshaw committed right now but the Gators do have a lot of young depth at defensive tackle so they only need one or two this year. Defensive end on the other hand, the Gators need to add at least one more body there this year.

UFsports24_7: Do you see us taking more defensive backs? Not including guys named Surtain/Campbell because they are automatic takes.
AS: Yes, I see Florida taking at least one more defensive back this year but as you say Surtain and Campbell have spots no matter what.

UFsports24_7: I know you have said before that you see Randy Russel as a nickel, has your opinion changed after his impressive senior year so far?
AS: I don’t doubt Russell’s ability to play safety at all and I think he very could end up playing there full time at Florida but right now, I see him making an impact at nickel next year. Now if the struggles of the safeties continue than who knows. Russell is a really good player no matter where he plays.

UFsports24_7: Do you see us taking 4 or 5 offensive linemen with the possibility of Telfort being booted?
AS: Four is likely the number this year and it should be four really good players with the guys looking hard at Florida. The key is getting at least two tackle prospects in this class and maybe even three because the depth there is low.

UFsports24_7: Is David Reese a linebacker or defensive end at the college level?
AS: More of a hybrid guy like a Jeremiah Moon who can rush the passer but also play in space.

Juggernautz: Any chance that we’ll offer Matt Corral’s teammate, Jalen Hall?
AS: Right now, I lean towards no for several reasons and I think he’s going to USC.

G8trsnapper: The LSU visitor list is impressive but that is primarily because 11 of our current 2018 commits are on the list along with many of our 2019 commits. When you look at recruiting targets for this year there are not many. Outside of LB targets Channing Tindall, Richard Jibunor and Otis Reese we don’t have any real 2018 prospects coming. Pat Surtain and Tyson Campbell are going to the UM/FSU game and I don’t see any Of our offensive line, defensive line or defensive back targets on the list. Will we be able to get our big targets at the game.
AS: You always see the list expand throughout the week and I expect that to happen again this week. Richard Gouraige will likely visit but guys like William Barnes and Ed Montilus have practice so they’re maybe’s right now. It will be a good group of recruits though.

Kcflagator: Not including Mac, who is the best recruiter on Florida’s coaching staff in your opinion?
AS: Tim Skipper has been the best since he arrived at Florida and JaJuan Seider has done a great job since he arrived this spring. The two of them have really put Florida recruiting up there with the others. They’re recruiting against tough competition and winning.

Coky12: Have commits Corey Gammage or Jalynn Williams visited Florida home games this season? If no, are they scheduled to visit?
AS: Neither have visited this year but Williams says he will visit Florida this weekend.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mikegator10: Are our linebacker targets good in pass coverage or are they more of the bigger “thumper” guys in the middle?
AS: Reese is a guy that is very athletic who has played safety, defensive end, linebacker so he can cover guys. Channing Tindall is a guy that can do it all and be good at it. Tindall is guy that will play in the NFL and be a three down linebacker.
= NO. No inside linebackers. Two more 205 pounders. Like always.

And a bunch of excuses about our defense "just getting tired" and collapsing in the second half in the future also.

Despite playing safety in HS, I'm not even sure that Reese is a linebacker. May well be a DE.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Heights112: With the de-commit train rolling in from Tenn, who is a possibility for the Gators?

AS: Right now, it doesn’t look like Florida will go after any of those guys except for JUCO defensive lineman Dorian Gerald. Gerald hasn’t decomitted from Tennessee but is looking at Florida and South Carolina and the Gators will likely get an official visit from him.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/dorian-gerald-188129

Smaller guy. Not sure how big of a deal this would be unless he puts on 20-30 pounds. He is a yawn so far, but I guess if Rumph keeps striking out then it's another dog's breakfast for us.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from gatorcountry):

Greetings, hope this finds all of you well. It has been a very entertaining year thus far. Chaos and fan disenchantment has hit many of our favorite schools. FSU, UT and this week’s opponent LSU. So lets begin with the good, the bad and the ugly. Keep in mind that what I share is only my opinion unless otherwise stated.

A lot of questions have come up about certain recruits, This is the best information I have on them as of this moment.

Kwantel Raines: You know he is and has been a favorite of mine. He will announce on the 30th and I don’t see UF as a factor. Sad as I believe he will be a great one.

Coynis Miller: set to announce soon, Last report UF was his leader. I say he goes UF. I must add I will not be shocked if he goes another route but if I was a betting man, wait I am a betting man I say Miller is 70% to UF.

John Corlo Valentin: I won’t lie-he sounds like a member of the Corleone Family. Offered on the 3rd and his offer caused some to speculate that Miller was going a different direction. That could be, but I think with his offer list he stands on his own. No he is not the highest rated guy but he has also been offered by among others UGA. I would be happy with a DT class of him and Miller. I do not expect Silvera or Sandidge regardless of what happens with Miller and Valentin.

Matty Ice: rumors of a visit to LSU are unconfirmed and even if he did choose to visit, he has done nothing to indicate he is anything but a Gator. I understand the angst but it is unfounded IMO.

Jamar Sayler: The 5* OL has indicated an interest in UF. He will come for an OV but UF is late on him in his recruitment and has much ground to make up. Color me skeptical on this one.

Candy v GC- GC says they think 4 on OL, I say 5 and maybe even 6 if the right guys say yes. Are you going to turn down a guy like Sayler or Hill? No, they won’t. That said, I stick by my class projection.

DB: I do not think for a moment we are through on the DB position. I believe and would stake money that UF will add one of the following. Campbell, Surtain, Riles. Would one of those make you happy? PS is the long shot but with the unrest in tiger land-you never know. I would put UF getting one of those at 50/50.

Micah Parsons: off my board.

Malcolm Lamar: still on my board. although less than 50/50.

Richard Jibonor: He is in my projected class. Let me add that regarless of where he signs this guy has become one of my favorites. He is quite the athlete and under ranked IMO.

Channing Tindall: As often happens, kids say they want to play together and this was the case with Tindall and Jibonor at one time. Could still happen but I believe We get one of the two and I don’t think Tindall comes to UF. Hope I am wrong.

Dorian Gerald: will take an OV and I have him projected to this class. UTis a mess right now and I doubt it gets any better.

Anthony Scwartz: He got the invite for the AA game and I expect it is because of his elite speed. It’s not based on his stats for sure. Don’t take that as a negative as I’m a big AS fan, it’s just he is not going to put up big numbers in his situation at AH. Note that this is just my opinion but I believe he has been slow played and told not to commit. Think about it, you have Hall coming in this week (more on him in a minute) and Pope out there with mixed signals. I suspect both are rated higher that AS at WR than AS by the staff. Now I’m a speed guy and would take him tomorrow but I don’t think the staff feels the same way.

Jalen Hall: I watched his film some time ago and felt at that time that he had the best film at WR I had seen. No one could cover him. So he is only at 11% on 247 to come to UF but that is before a visit. If he comes this weekend I will consider him a possibility.

Copeland: I don’t know where his head is at, I stay with UF until I have a good reason not to.

Synopsis: Recruiting is fluid. UF should end up with a very good class. Top 5 IMO.

2019: I am told that we will get another member for the 2019 class in the next week or so.

2020: I am also told that the last commit, Griffis out of Clay county is the real deal. He is 6’4 240 already and projected at 6’5 260 when he arrives on campus. Good student also.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coynis Miller: set to announce soon, Last report UF was his leader. I say he goes UF. I must add I will not be shocked if he goes another route but if I was a betting man, wait I am a betting man I say Miller is 70% to UF.

Don't play with my emotions

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
(from gatorcountry):

Greetings, hope this finds all of you well. It has been a very entertaining year thus far. Chaos and fan disenchantment has hit many of our favorite schools. FSU, UT and this week’s opponent LSU. So lets begin with the good, the bad and the ugly. Keep in mind that what I share is only my opinion unless otherwise stated.

A lot of questions have come up about certain recruits, This is the best information I have on them as of this moment.

Kwantel Raines: You know he is and has been a favorite of mine. He will announce on the 30th and I don’t see UF as a factor. Sad as I believe he will be a great one.

John Corlo Valentin: I won’t lie-he sounds like a member of the Corleone Family. Offered on the 3rd and his offer caused some to speculate that Miller was going a different direction. That could be, but I think with his offer list he stands on his own. No he is not the highest rated guy but he has also been offered by among others UGA. I would be happy with a DT class of him and Miller. I do not expect Silvera or Sandidge regardless of what happens with Miller and Valentin.

Matty Ice: rumors of a visit to LSU are unconfirmed and even if he did choose to visit, he has done nothing to indicate he is anything but a Gator. I understand the angst but it is unfounded IMO.

Jamar Sayler: The 5* OL has indicated an interest in UF. He will come for an OV but UF is late on him in his recruitment and has much ground to make up. Color me skeptical on this one.

Candy v GC- GC says they think 4 on OL, I say 5 and maybe even 6 if the right guys say yes. Are you going to turn down a guy like Sayler or Hill? No, they won’t. That said, I stick by my class projection.

DB: I do not think for a moment we are through on the DB position. I believe and would stake money that UF will add one of the following. Campbell, Surtain, Riles. Would one of those make you happy? PS is the long shot but with the unrest in tiger land-you never know. I would put UF getting one of those at 50/50.

Micah Parsons: off my board.

Malcolm Lamar: still on my board. although less than 50/50.

Richard Jibonor: He is in my projected class. Let me add that regarless of where he signs this guy has become one of my favorites. He is quite the athlete and under ranked IMO.

Channing Tindall: As often happens, kids say they want to play together and this was the case with Tindall and Jibonor at one time. Could still happen but I believe We get one of the two and I don’t think Tindall comes to UF. Hope I am wrong.

Dorian Gerald: will take an OV and I have him projected to this class. UTis a mess right now and I doubt it gets any better.

Anthony Scwartz: He got the invite for the AA game and I expect it is because of his elite speed. It’s not based on his stats for sure. Don’t take that as a negative as I’m a big AS fan, it’s just he is not going to put up big numbers in his situation at AH. Note that this is just my opinion but I believe he has been slow played and told not to commit. Think about it, you have Hall coming in this week (more on him in a minute) and Pope out there with mixed signals. I suspect both are rated higher that AS at WR than AS by the staff. Now I’m a speed guy and would take him tomorrow but I don’t think the staff feels the same way.

Jalen Hall: I watched his film some time ago and felt at that time that he had the best film at WR I had seen. No one could cover him. So he is only at 11% on 247 to come to UF but that is before a visit. If he comes this weekend I will consider him a possibility.

Copeland: I don’t know where his head is at, I stay with UF until I have a good reason not to.

Synopsis: Recruiting is fluid. UF should end up with a very good class. Top 5 IMO.

2019: I am told that we will get another member for the 2019 class in the next week or so.

2020: I am also told that the last commit, Griffis out of Clay county is the real deal. He is 6’4 240 already and projected at 6’5 260 when he arrives on campus. Good student also.
Great post!

UPDATE: I'm hearing P. Surtain has become a lot more than a long shot. I have a few relatives from the Ft. Lauderdale area that swears that he's strongly considering the Gators.

Now, I haven't been able to substantiate these claims, but I have noticed that he's visited here numerous times over the past few months.

I don't think he'll pull the trigger before NSD, but he's a player to keep an eye on. At first, he seemed pretty solid to LSU, but Clemson, Alabama and Florida are really making him reconsider. And don't be surprised if the above mentioned teams end up being his finalists.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Let's see....I could go play at UF or I could go play at Clemson?? Hmmmm, what do I do?

Gators Contending with ACC Team for 4-Star OT
Two teams at the top for in-state tackle

https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Gators-co-leader-for-top-OT-target--108679109

The Florida Gators had several top recruits in attendance for their game against the LSU Tigers this past weekend. One of the premier targets for UF in attendance was Tampa (Fla.) Cambridge Christian School offensive tackle Richard Gouraige.

“The visit went great,” said Gouraige. “The stadium was amazing and I liked seeing what coach [Brad] Davis has been doing with the offensive line. They have been getting better each week, but they still had a tough loss though.”

Though the Gators fell short on the scoreboard, the offensive line created solid push upfront on the offensive side of the ball. This was something the four-star tackle homed in on while watching the game live.

“I think they played very strong and they did a good job getting to the second level and they opened holes for the running backs to get the ball moving.”

Gouraige also kept close watch on how offensive line coach Brad Davis coached up the linemen during the game.

“I can tell he loves all of his players and he wants what is best for them and he wants them to be great.”

The Florida Gators have been the leader in the recruitment of the 6-foot-5, 271-pounder, but he now lists the Clemson Tigers as a co-leader along with UF. Clemson is a school that Gouraige hasn’t visited since way early in the spring, but according to him the coaches stay in good contact.

“Coach [Robbie] Caldwell has been pushing me and all the coaches there are talking to me a lot and just letting me know I am a big target. I talk with Coach Dabo Sweeny and he tells me they need me.”

The Under Armour All-American is still unsure exactly when he will end his recruitment, and has been saying he will commit whenever the time is right for several months now.

“Whenever the time is right is still the plan,” explained Gouraige. “I just want to make the right move for me and my family for all of us. I want to take advantage of this one-time opportunity.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Gouraige as the No. 107 overall prospect in the 2018 recruiting class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator