The Official Feleipe Franks farewell thread

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not excusing his play, but in his defense, he should still be sitting as a RSFr watching Grier finish his final home game.

He was a project all along who needed a lot of time. We haven't developed a single offensive player in 7 years, so he's no exception.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am sure a decent coach could improve him but I doubt he ever has what it takes to have good games against legit defenses.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to bash a kid. If we're going to bash a UF QB it should be Luke Del Rio.

BUT....

I've been saying this for weeks, after watching his flaws....he's uncoachable.

He does things that even a Pop Warner coach teaches (i.e. he does things that he's being coached NOT to do....and keeps doing them).

The biggest issue w/ him - besides staring down his primary receiver - is taking sacks or running out of bounds short of the LOS. He holds onto the ball when he should throw it away. It's literally elementary football.

He's uncoachable and I don't think a coaching change will help him.

I probably agree with you. But I will pose this question. How do you know he's uncoachable when he's never had a coach.???

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to bash a kid. If we're going to bash a UF QB it should be Luke Del Rio.

BUT....

I've been saying this for weeks, after watching his flaws....he's uncoachable.

He does things that even a Pop Warner coach teaches (i.e. he does things that he's being coached NOT to do....and keeps doing them).

The biggest issue w/ him - besides staring down his primary receiver - is taking sacks or running out of bounds short of the LOS. He holds onto the ball when he should throw it away. It's literally elementary football.

He's uncoachable and I don't think a coaching change will help him.
Been saying it all year. Driskel 2.0.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not excusing his play, but in his defense, he should still be sitting as a RSFr watching Grier finish his final home game.

He was a project all along who needed a lot of time. We haven't developed a single offensive player in 7 years, so he's no exception.
Wasn't Franks a 5* QB? If so, how in the world is a 5* QB a project that isn't ready after a redshirt year?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Franks a 5* QB? If so, how in the world is a 5* QB a project that isn't ready after a redshirt year?

4* I think but he did the same Driskeling mess when he left his high school and played in the all star games and our first spring game. There was a reason Mac hid him from the fans in this years spring game by calling passes with the 1st string WRs against walk-ons and not even second string DBs.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He was a 4*, but only because of his height, arm strength(ut game) and his success in HS which was usually him just making something happen. He wasn't polished in terms of accuracy and reading defenses(shocking I know). Most analysts felt he had a ways to go, but could be great with time and the right tutelage. We gave him neither.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who was that QB for Spurrier than he used to take his frustrations out on? Billy Young or something like that? He’s better than Franks and it’s not close

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Unless he wants to leave he will continue to be a Gator. I am quite certain he did not wish to make those blunders, No decent coach is going to anoint anybody under these circumstances. They as with all the players will have to earn their starting roles with the new staff. Anything else would mean we hired the wrong guy.

I hope the fact that Frost is willing to talk to us means he is not a lock to go home.

I liked what another poster said, let him experience what it means to be a part of Gator sports, where we have so many championship teams and coaches. Then if he decides something else would be best for his situation so be it.

I greatly doubt Kelly was ever serious of becoming our HBC. Maybe we should have offered him to be the OC with a large pay day, that way no extra stuff that he does not like.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks was recruited four-star raw, which is really three stars with a lot of hope mixed in.

ChompionOfLife

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, because McElwain was such a great head coach, Nussmeier is such an incredibly brilliant offensive coordinator, Mike Kent is a stupendous example of an S&C coach, the receiving unit is the hands down best in the SEC, and the OL is solid as a rock.

So clearly the problem must be that the #3 pro-style QB in the country sought after by basically every other team has no talent to speak of and is a complete wash out, totally unlike all the other wonderful QBs Slackelwain and Wussmeier churned out over their long and storied careers at UF.

:rolleyes3:

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Whoever we hire should tell Corral the QB job is yours to lose and Franks isn't in the competition.

I hate to take my anger out on a 20 yo kid but my god he is just awful.
I'm surprised the UF receiving corp hasn't given ole Felipe the US Army "soap bar in the pillow case" treatment.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Has Franks improved since his showing at the spring game? I don’t think so.

That said it would have been nice to see Trask play this season.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Franks was recruited four-star raw, which is really three stars with a lot of hope mixed in.

When Franks was a HS senior he was a disaster in the Under Armour All-Star Game. He looked just as bad today as he did then. No progress at all.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He had a really bad game. He should not look this bad in his 11th game of the season.

Horrible coaching. Horrible playcalling.

Nuss should be drowned in a vat of mombo sauce.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible QB and Terrible Staff. Franks should not ever take another snap at UF unless every QB on the roster is injured or suspended.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
IMG_0781.JPG

While she is a 10, this ladies and gentlemen is your duck faced UF QB.

A real man's man, tough as nails, drink gasoline and piss whiskey type.

Or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator