The Roster By The Numbers

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't here then but I would love to know who blamed Meyer for Chump. Especially given your implication that it was a generally accepted and that those exact same people are blaming Chump for Mac's difficulties. The fact remains however that Chump left us without a QB or Oline. Also the fact remains that 'Chump was a certifiable idiot. Or do you deny either of those assertions?
Meyer gave Chump a ready made excuse when he left and called the program "broken".

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, it looks quite scientific, so I will break it down the only way my simplistic mind can:

13-DB's. 3 or 4 that can play as of now
8-LB's. 1 1/2 that can play as of now
14- DL's. Maybe 4 that can play as of now
15-OL's. ZERO that can play as of now.
4 TE's. 1 that can play. 1/2 for Goolsby, 1/2 for Lewis b/c neither can play attached to the LOS.
11-WR's. 2 that can play as of now. Sorry Ahmad, you are not one of the two.
4-RB's. Does not matter if O-lines stinks out loud.
4_QB's. See RB comment
2-P/K. Maybe the 2 best and most reliable players on the team as of now.

The last comment says it all. if you need more proof, I have 75 in my count and less than 20 that can play as of now. Nuff said!

Your count is not all that accurate and therefore not that important. Mine's not any better, but join me in remembering that your opinion is not all that needs to be said.

:solitary:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer gave Chump a ready made excuse when he left and called the program "broken".

Yeah. ...and the culture was certainly broken. ...and some of the recruiting classes left us with holes. There were some issues when Muschamp took over. ...but that doesn't mean that he wasn't responsible for taking the situation he was given and working to 'right the ship.'

When Muschamp left, there were holes. ...and we didn't have a recent history of winning. ...but that doesn't mean that he isn't responsible for taking the situation he was given and working to 'right the ship.'

This board has lots of valuable posts and thoughts, but it has some garbage too. The problem with most of the garbage is that people try to take extreme positions and either ignore or focus exclusively on the evidence for the points their making. As Ox would say, "That's what drives cli..." ...er, I mean, "We're fans and this is a message board, what do you expect?" Still, I think our board (and country) would be better off if people could see beyond their current thoughts and agendas.

:peabody:

Until we have a coach ride off into the sunset, I would expect each new incoming coach to have his challenges and legitimate excuses until they get them worked out. The question is do we see enough progress in the deficient areas without letting the good areas fall?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To the OP, where did you get this chart?

Like others have said, it's interesting and informative, if a little busy. I keep thinking that I'll put the recruiting members and classes into a spreadsheet so I can have this kind of info always available. ...but I keep not doing it. :embarrassed:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Yeah. ...and the culture was certainly broken. ...and some of the recruiting classes left us with holes. There were some issues when Muschamp took over. ...but that doesn't mean that he wasn't responsible for taking the situation he was given and working to 'right the ship.'

When Muschamp left, there were holes. ...and we didn't have a recent history of winning. ...but that doesn't mean that he isn't responsible for taking the situation he was given and working to 'right the ship.'

This board has lots of valuable posts and thoughts, but it has some garbage too. The problem with most of the garbage is that people try to take extreme positions and either ignore or focus exclusively on the evidence for the points their making. As Ox would say, "That's what drives cli..." ...er, I mean, "We're fans and this is a message board, what do you expect?" Still, I think our board (and country) would be better off if people could see beyond their current thoughts and agendas.

:peabody:

Until we have a coach ride off into the sunset, I would expect each new incoming coach to have his challenges and legitimate excuses until they get them worked out. The question is do we see enough progress in the deficient areas without letting the good areas fall?

A Voice of Reason in Gatorchatter? That's like Custer promoting the benefits of reservation life at Little Big Horn. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.