Titans trade away first pick in the draft to the Rams

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Rams are the biggest losers of the draft 2 weeks before it happens. That's quite an accomplishment.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who said anything about receivers? Marketing a new QB to a new fanbase is a good business move. It's a bad football move, because the team as a whole has a number of holes.

I meant QB.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
hahahaha **** the lambs...hope they fail miserably and hope Kronke chokes on another dick

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds?

Rams are freaking morons. You can't lose that kinda depth and have a chance in this league. Wow, just freaking wow.

It's not like there's a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck either

I tend to agree that the Titan's won the trade. Still the pick value chart says:

What the Rams got:

Pick 1 value 3000 points
Pick 113 value 68 points
Pick 177 value 20.6 points

So the value the Rams receive is 3088.6 points

What the Titans got:

Pick 15 value 1050
Pick 43 value 470
Pick 45 value 450
Pick 76 value 210

So the value the Titans received this draft is 2180

They also so get the Rams 2017 1st and 3rd round picks. The undiscounted value of those two picks range from 3265 to 706 depending whether or not the Rams are the worst team in the NFL next year or the best. The midpoint is 1190. So the Titans win as long as the Rams are not too good next year and the Titans do not have too big a discount factor for picks a year in the future.

So numerically it is a pretty even trade and I can see why the Rams did it. But like many here, I am not sure I see a guy out there who can turn a 7-9 team into a playoff team and make this trade pay off for the Rams. Time will tell.

Here is link to one of many sites with the draft pick value chart:

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to agree that the Titan's won the trade. Still the pick value chart says:

What the Rams got:

Pick 1 value 3000 points
Pick 113 value 68 points

What the Titans got:

Pick 15 value 1050
Pick 43 value 470
Pick 45 value 450
Pick 76 value 210

Does this chart take into account the change to the rookie pay scale a few years ago? Just wondering.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Does this chart take into account the change to the rookie pay scale a few years ago? Just wondering.

Good question and I do not really know. I know that 3000 for the first overall pick has not changed. I know that this chart is the same as one at many sites.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good question and I do not really know. I know that 3000 for the first overall pick has not changed. I know that this chart is the same as one at many sites.

There might not have been a change in the chart, just was wondering.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

What the Rams got:

Pick 1 value 3000 points
Pick 113 value 68 points

What the Titans got:

Pick 15 value 1050
Pick 43 value 470
Pick 45 value 450
Pick 76 value 210

They also so get the Rams 2017 1st and 3rd round picks. The undiscounted value of those two picks range from 3265 to 706 depending whether or not the Rams are the worst team in the NFL next year or the best. The midpoint is 1190. So the Titans win as long as the Rams are not too good next year and the Titans do not have too big a discount factor for picks a year in the future.

So numerically it is a pretty even trade and I can see why the Rams did it. But like many here, I am not sure I see a guy out there who can turn a 7-9 team into a playoff team and make this trade pay off for the Rams. Time will tell.

I'll wait 'til the movie comes out.......... Instiresting post, insti.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
There might not have been a change in the chart, just was wondering.

I do agree with the implication of your question that a draft pick with a salary scale has more value than one without. Still this is a relative value chart so I guess maybe the relative values have not changed due to the rookie salary scale.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

What the Rams got:

Pick 1 value 3000 points
Pick 113 value 68 points

What the Titans got:

Pick 15 value 1050
Pick 43 value 470
Pick 45 value 450
Pick 76 value 210

Maybe not a bad trade by the numbers, but that really just depends on how much you plan to build thru the draft or FA.

I think why everyone thinks the trade is bad is because you're trading to take someone who grades outside the top 10. The same chart says the #10 pick is worth less than 1700 pts than the 1st. So when you factor that in, it's a really bad pick.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Jeff Fisher made himself look like an even bigger moron than he already is. He states they don't know what they are going to do with the pick?

:bsmeter:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Fisher made himself look like an even bigger moron than he already is. He states they don't know what they are going to do with the pick?

If you make that trade without a plan, the whole football staff GM all the way down deserves to be fired. Jeff Fisher has to do something this year, he is the first coach since Mike Shula and the Bengals to survive 4 losing seasons in a row.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

How is Jeff Fisher still employed? He made a superbowl appearance a long time ago and has put abunch of bad teams outthere since then.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe not a bad trade by the numbers, but that really just depends on how much you plan to build thru the draft or FA.

I think why everyone thinks the trade is bad is because you're trading to take someone who grades outside the top 10. The same chart says the #10 pick is worth less than 1700 pts than the 1st. So when you factor that in, it's a really bad pick.

Yep. A few months ago, none of these QB's were considered to be first round talent, but because some teams are desperate for a QB, these guys are going to be drafted much higher than they should be. Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert going in the first round is a good example of this.

It's bad enough for a team to want to draft a QB number 1 in this draft, but to sell the farm to get that pick is just plain stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.