Tony Stewart Hits and Kills a Driver

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I hope someone will fix my mistake in the title - I kinda misspelled Tony Stewart's last name. Sorry!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
I hope someone will fix my mistake in the title - I kinda misspelled Tony Stewart's last name. Sorry!
Just edit it.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Thanks! What a tragedy!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy stuff. Tempers were flaring and Stewart probably thought he was clear enough when he hit the gas and his rear spun and took the guy out. Not sure how they should take care of this problem - start suspending any driver that gets out and walks on the track like that for a long period maybe.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Crazy stuff. Tempers were flaring and Stewart probably thought he was clear enough when he hit the gas and his rear spun and took the guy out. Not sure how they should take care of this problem - start suspending any driver that gets out and walks on the track like that for a long period maybe.
I'm sure they will do something. That young man had no idea that his life was about to end, as he walked toward Tony's car. Our failure to think, before we act, can be very costly. That's why they need to step in and stop them from getting out of their cars, unless it's necessary.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not Tony's fault. Kid's a dumbass.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like he meant to hit him.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Stewart was trying to sling dirt on him and hit him instead.. He certainly could have slowed down and missed him

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well if he swerved to scare him. Or fling dirt on him. Or hit him. Then he should be locked up.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
Looks like Stewart was trying to sling dirt on him and hit him instead.. He certainly could have slowed down and missed him
I think you hit the nail on the head!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GMDGATOR;n27256 said:

It looks the same to me. I'm not a huge race fan but I've always liked Tony Stewart because he is entertaining when most other drivers are kind of blah. That being said I could see him possibly getting a 2nd degree murder charge for this. If you listen to the audio Tony clearly guns the engine right about the time contact occurs. It also seems most eye witnesses saw it that way. I'll bet this is one dirt track race Stewart wishes he skipped.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
He was also high (not drugs) on the track while under a caution. He should have been low.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No matter Tony's intention to sling mud or scare the kid, he's not to blame for this tragedy. He should feel guilt. How much depends on his intention, but only he will truly know. However, the kid put himself if front of oncoming cars as if he was invincible. He paid the ultimate price of being controlled by emotion.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n27266 said:
No matter Tony's intention to sling mud or scare the kid, he's not to blame for this tragedy. He should feel guilt. How much depends on his intention, but only he will truly know. However, the kid put himself if front of oncoming cars as if he was invincible. He paid the ultimate price of being controlled by emotion.

That is how most involved with racing are acting also. He will have to live with knowing him hitting the gas to send a message ended up killing the kid however.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
There is probably additional footage being investigated that can clarify this more...

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Supposedly there were cams on some cars, including Stewart's.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kid was definitely a dumbass. From what is being written it looks like Tony has some culpability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.