Recruiting Top Offensive targets in 2017 class

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That isn't your view, as evidenced by your posts about how we're failing. Yet, you feel you can say that to others?

I say that because the personal attacks are unnecessary. I don't kick my dog. I'm not a serial killer. I don't pee in anyone's cheerios. It's just a game.

I apologize to all. Sincerely. My intention was never to ruin the board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How can we be this far into this thread without noting that we also stole Trash from Western Southeast Lubbock School of Cosmetology and Tractor Repair?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I say that because the personal attacks are unnecessary. I don't kick my dog. I'm not a serial killer. I don't pee in anyone's cheerios. It's just a game.

I apologize to all. Sincerely. My intention was never to ruin the board.

Keep fighting the fight. You probably need to learn the value of the ignore button.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Keep fighting the fight. You probably need to learn the value of the ignore button.

Thanks. I'm not a big ignore person. I feel like I am defending my character more than my opinion/position lately and that's just not much fun. And it could totally be my fault. It's all good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. I'm not a big ignore person. I feel like I am defending my character more than my opinion/position lately and that's just not much fun. And it could totally be my fault. It's all good.

The problem is not the content. I for one agree with about 90% of what you say. The problem is the delivery. The point of the message board is to revel in success together and (unfortunately for the last six years) commiserate in misery together.

The joy of the off-season is that everything is anew. Optimism is high. The future is uncertain (that can be debatable whether that's good or bad – but it's probably good right now due to the last regime).

Attitude is a powerful tool. You can bring people together or fracture a couple, family, or organization. Even a country. Although you are stating a valued opinion, the delivery of it is heavy in pessimism and poor attitude.

People use the message boards to escape. They want the Gators to be great again. During the off-season when optimism is high and the future is unknown we want to believe that our future is going to be bright. Sure, there is a place for brutal honesty. But it doesn't have to be pervading. At every turn. We can talk about the good things as well. There are many people on this board that are not happy with the recruiting, but at the same time they're able to recognize the good things. The movement in the right direction. The hopefulness of the future.

People are being extremely defensive to your criticism right now because the Gators are part of our family and your attitude is very divisive.

I would just suggest to continue posting your positions but allow some subjectivity. There are extenuating circumstances why we are in the position that we are. And it sucks. It doesn't need to be communicated ad nauseum. You can sprinkle in some positivity.

Of course, when the season begins all bets are off…

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is not the content. I for one agree with about 90% of what you say. The problem is the delivery. The point of the message board is to revel in success together and (unfortunately for the last six years) commiserate in misery together.

The joy of the off-season is that everything is anew. Optimism is high. The future is uncertain (that can be debatable whether that's good or bad – but it's probably good right now due to the last regime).

Attitude is a powerful tool. You can bring people together or fracture a couple, family, or organization. Even a country. Although you are stating a valued opinion, the delivery of it is heavy in pessimism and poor attitude.

People use the message boards to escape. They want the Gators to be great again. During the off-season when optimism is high and the future is unknown we want to believe that our future is going to be bright. Sure, there is a place for brutal honesty. But it doesn't have to be pervading. At every turn. We can talk about the good things as well. There are many people on this board that are not happy with the recruiting, but at the same time they're able to recognize the good things. The movement in the right direction. The hopefulness of the future.

People are being extremely defensive to your criticism right now because the Gators are part of our family and your attitude is very divisive.

I would just suggest to continue posting your positions but allow some subjectivity. There are extenuating circumstances why we are in the position that we are. And it sucks. It doesn't need to be communicated ad nauseum. You can sprinkle in some positivity.

Of course, when the season begins all bets are off…

No one wants your positivity here....

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I for one don't think you're a bad person character-wise - heck, I've said it before, if I'm a CFB head coach, I'm going to hire you as my recruiting coordinator because you are tough as nails to satisfy and you're obviously passionate about it. It's just your consistent gripe that bugs a lot of people. Most of us know we're behind in certain areas of recruiting and when we get some decent news, most of us like to look favorable upon it - others such as yourself, not so much. And there is no 'could', you totally brought this on yourself with your consistent gripe. I don't think anyone's asking you to do a 180 and all of sudden be a pumper, that wouldn't be genuine. But maybe next time you have something negative to post just type 'You all know my opinion' and then we won't have to actually read your typical gloom and doom diatribe. My two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.