Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
So the Mullen strategy of striking out on big targets and hitting the portal for whatever we can eventually find and then say “they fit our system”.

Billy has to figure all of this out now. His learning time is over because all the people ahead and some behind us have bigger name coaches, with a proven P5 track record, and are already much better recruiters. They are not magically all going to stop being good. We needed to hire a big gun after the last 3 coaches and now we just burned it down (needed, but AD office as well) and gave a guy still learning how to coach they reigns. I hope we guessed right and hired a generation guy like Dabo that needed time, but if not we are more screwed than ever.
I recall most believing Mullen was outplaying his rivals by working the portal. Meh. Why can’t our staff do what LSU’s did in the portal and fill some big holes with solid players, then coach them up? LSU seems to have an OC/QB coach and a great D. Talented? Maybe. But they rebuilt through the portal in a single cycle.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I recall most believing Mullen was outplaying his rivals by working the portal. Meh. Why can’t our staff do what LSU’s did in the portal and fill some big holes with solid players, then coach them up? LSU seems to have an OC/QB coach and a great D. Talented? Maybe. But they rebuilt through the portal in a single cycle.
Hey, you are sounding a little negative there. Trust the process. You can’t know how much getting completely rolled in front of a national audience will help us in the long run. 5 to 7 more losses next year and we will be exactly where we need to be. I couldn’t be happier with the way things are going.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Because none of the folks in the portal had ever heard of the coach. Blocked his calls as spam.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Patiently waiting for all those transfers we’re gonna get

View attachment 52470

29dT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.