Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

Yep. He might not be a long term answer for us, but with good coaching he should be a great back up, at minimum.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I remember being very disappointed with Trask in our spring game, but do agree it kinda confirms the neg reasons on why he would transfer versus the positive of being really good but just buried in depth.

Maybe he hates being in Ohio. I know I would. Plus, 2 other factors could be at play: 1. From what I understand, he grew up a Gator fan, and and it could be that he wants to come to UF now that Mullen is gone (did we offer a scholarship to him) 2. I have read Napier recruited him in high school and built a great relationship with him a few years ago.

Basically, I’m hoping that he’s being drawn to UF on a much deeper level than he feels pushed out of osu. If that’s truly the case, he could be a big get for us in the long run.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Without wasting time worrying about all the pros and cons, this is just more good news and positive vibes for the program.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Time will tell. But, I'm glad to see Napier is smart enough not to put all his eggs in AR's porcelain basket.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Time will tell. But, I'm glad to see Napier is smart enough not to put all his eggs in AR's porcelain basket.
We’d all love if AR lived up to the hype he earned early in the season but the reality is he seems pretty immature and injury prone. We do need a solid second option.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We’d all love if AR lived up to the hype he earned early in the season but the reality is he seems pretty immature and injury prone. We do need a solid second option.
I’m watching the LSU game from last year.
Probably Richardson’s best overall game against quality competition.

Yes, immature, making a few great plays, gets hurt, comes back in and just now, under two minutes left, throws that damn jump ball off his back foot for the final nail.

Trying to be the hero.
Still, he has the potential to be very very good next year.

Glad we now have a 4 star waiting in the wings.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Thanks for sharing. Now that I've seen this footage, I'm not nearly as excited about this get. He looks like a light skin version of EJ. Always throws a hitch or behind his receivers. The one pass I saw him try to lead a guy, he threw way high and out of bounds. He even threw a pick in perfect EJ fashion. Maybe he just needs more development but this footage didn't impress me at all.

This sums up my thoughts too. Seemed very shaky and EJ-ish with less running ability. Of course he didn't seem to be getting much time in the pocket either. Here's hoping Napier can coach him up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with this 100%. Definitely needed another arm. Don't really know what we have here but was a need. That being said. I think AR could thrive under Napier. He's not gonna be asked to run the ball as much and AR throws a beautiful deep ball and Napier likes to take alot of shots down field. He's gonna be coached different too as far as maturity issues go. If healthy I expect AR to have a pretty solid year next year.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

He’s certainly a capable QB to have on the roster, even if he never beats out AR or Del Rio. Anything more is a bonus.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
AR is certainly a diamond to be well faceted by what Napier can do..?
BN's attention to detail.? Great if he attends to making AR injury-resistant.
Remember, AR should benefit greatly from a run-game that troubles his defensive opponents' alignment.
What kind of QB-whisperer will AR have.?
All the above should also benefit our backup QBs 1,2,3.?
I have to ask, will BN's offensive schemes enhance the innate skills that AR possesses.? Hope so. Hope it makes him explosive.??
Looking forward to AR's name being mentioned in Heisman discussions.} mystery season.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I have to ask, will BN's offensive schemes enhance the innate skills that AR possesses.? Hope so. Hope it makes him explosive.??

From what I saw of the Sun Belt championship game, the ULL QB was very mobile, threw the ball downfield quite a bit and ran a lot when his WRs were covered. AR fits it very well.

But I also think AR has the capacity excel period.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That would be great, but it better be a full blown QB battle to EARN the starting job. AR deserves the same fair shot.

As a recruit, he was rated higher than Burrow. That doesn't mean he will be better but ...

I am just happier than hell that this coach went out and got a down the field QB. So long Tebow left, Tebow right and Tebow up the middle.

1. Burrows as a recruit was a 4 star rated .9002, while Miller was a 4 star rated .8951 in the 247 composite rankings. Now I don't make much of those .0051 points so I would say they were rated roughly the same.

2. I agree it seems a good thing Napier is taking more of a passing QB. Miller has 4 years to play 4 or 4 years to play 3 depending on whether or not he was able to redshirt this season. Thus I seem taking him as a bit of a competitor for Richardson, but really an additional candidate in the mix to start for UF in 2023 or 2024 depending on when Richardson declares if he takes hold of the UF job this fall as seems likely.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Napier and several of our staff are following him on twitter, so there's interest on our part. He'll be pursued by everyone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.