Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’m curious as to how the Star/S/LB numbers wind up. How many LB do you carry when you actually play a lot of Star? There are different depth charts for each alignment, and you might have a S, CB or a gifted cover LB (Black) in that spot. Right?

We seem to be most thin at DE, especially if Zander stays at TE.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We could add another QB through the portal and still jettison Kitna

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We could add another QB through the portal and still jettison Kitna

Yeah but I think the problem is where would he go? Unless he goes to like a FCS school. And I don’t know why he would do that. He knows he has no chance to make the NFL.

CDR has a skill set to play for a lower tier FBS school. It made sense for him to leave.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but I think the problem is where would he go? Unless he goes to like a FCS school. And I don’t know why he would do that. He knows he has no chance to make the NFL.

CDR has a skill set to play for a lower tier FBS school. It made sense for him to leave.
I’ve said it before, they wanted it to be a business, treat it like a business. Saban found ways to move kids on. Have to think Napier learned something from that.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I'd rather a few more OL. And there will be more QBs with skills entering the Portal before Fall K/O...

OIP.yz-rE63czdqIpBmXz8uvGAAAAA

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

As a player. He could be the next Brian Schottenheimer, though. If we could add a better QB id put him on staff as an assistant to the assistant assistant. We don’t have enough of those. He just needs a clipboard.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Quote from Coach Napier at a stop in Tampa which kinda boils down the annual talent acquisition process to the truth.

We are operating in a little bit different era relative to having the ability to go acquire a player that can become immediately eligible. So it's a new dynamic, one that I think we have a good plan for. You know, we're basically to a position now where we have four signing days a year instead of two. We used to have one, now we've got four. So we're entering the final one prior to summer school starting and getting ready to coach the team.

I really like the way Coach Napier is saying they are operating. 'Meticulous' and 'detailed oriented' have been common descriptive about the way he does his job. I think we all are just waiting (patiently) for his work to bear the fruit. We got holes at certain positions across the board and the last signing day is coming up. After that, we got what we got for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator