Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Dude aint worth the money miami is giving him. All the crybabies on the other site making a lot of noise about 'whiffing' on another guy are the same crybabies who said darrell jackson is a 3 star level recruit not worth taking. Im not sure which way it really is, probably more in the middle, but don't think he is worth that dough. I want the kid but word is miami doubled their offer after he accepted the invite to move his OV up to UF to this weekend versus in May and jackson committed publicly.

And what does commit actually mean for someone in the portal? I thought you just do the paper work to transfer and the whole commit thing is high school level stuff. Is there now an official signing day for transfers? I thought those dates were just a cut off date (dates you have to transfer by to be eligible to play that upcoming season: 1 feb for SEC->SEC transfer and 1 May for all transfers).

EDIT: just read on tos that jackson's deal with miami is "north of 400k" (M for alcoholica). Fug that guy...aint worth it. Save that money for the bump class

Here's a question?...TOS why bother? :what:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Because I was a moron who paid for a subscription during coaching search and its a year long subscription. I actually like the work that goldkamp, alderman and rudner do, I really hate the message board and users there. Dumbest board I have ever seen with a bunch of internet bad@sses who argue about the dumbest things and start new threads for every little thought that comes to their mind on the same subject instead of keeping it on one thread.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude aint worth the money miami is giving him. All the crybabies on the other site making a lot of noise about 'whiffing' on another guy are the same crybabies who said darrell jackson is a 3 star level recruit not worth taking. Im not sure which way it really is, probably more in the middle, but don't think he is worth that dough. I want the kid but word is miami doubled their offer after he accepted the invite to move his OV up to UF to this weekend versus in May and jackson committed publicly.

And what does commit actually mean for someone in the portal? I thought you just do the paper work to transfer and the whole commit thing is high school level stuff. Is there now an official signing day for transfers? I thought those dates were just a cut off date (dates you have to transfer by to be eligible to play that upcoming season: 1 feb for SEC->SEC transfer and 1 May for all transfers).

EDIT: just read on tos that jackson's deal with miami is "north of 400k" (M for alcoholica). Fug that guy...aint worth it. Save that money for the bump class

Absolutely not worth 400K.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Because I was a moron who paid for a subscription during coaching search and its a year long subscription. I actually like the work that goldkamp, alderman and rudner do, I really hate the message board and users there. Dumbest board I have ever seen with a bunch of internet bad@sses who argue about the dumbest things and start new threads for every little thought that comes to their mind on the same subject instead of keeping it on one thread.

Well, I enjoy the info and incites you post here. Some of y'all just seem to "know stuff" when it comes to the UF Athletic Dept.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’ve never been a subscriber, but did try to read the messages on the board last year during the coaching search and early signing. The issue I had with Goldkamp is when Robinson was being accused of sabotaging the program on his way out, he got very defensive. Then he started a thread called, “Let’s Clear Something Up re CR”, apparently to defend him from these attacks and dispel the accusations, which was only able to be read if you were a member. It occurred to me, if you’re so passionate about defending this guy, why wouldn’t you want everyone to be able to read it. It wasn’t a recruiting rumor or big news. It was him whining about social media being mean to CR.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It is. TOS is flaming right now. They love all the activity but we are seemingly getting smacked pretty good right now. Lost 2 good kids to Miami over the last couple months.

that being said Jackson was not an impact player IMO. Just a depth piece.
It's not about how good the player is , even though we needed this on. How can we expect to recruit with the alabamas for top players when we can't out bid a school like Miami for a depth peice? I'm not off the bandwagon by any means but I'm officially skeptical.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I have On3 and 247. I think On3 does a bit better job with their insider info. Their board is a lot like ours aesthetically.

As for 247 I like Goldkamp. I can’t think of the name of their recruiting guy but I don’t think he’s very good. But their message board design is terrible and they do not police their board at all. Their board members are absolutely atrocious.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I’ve never been a subscriber, but did try to read the messages on the board last year during the coaching search and early signing. The issue I had with Goldkamp is when Robinson was being accused of sabotaging the program on his way out, he got very defensive. Then he started a thread called, “Let’s Clear Something Up re CR”, apparently to defend him from these attacks and dispel the accusations, which was only able to be read if you were a member. It occurred to me, if you’re so passionate about defending this guy, why wouldn’t you want everyone to be able to read it. It wasn’t a recruiting rumor or big news. It was him whining about social media being mean to CR.

Thats the level of that board. It is a really chitty board with a bunch of chitty members. The Que guy was the one who spread all the rumors about CR telling current players and recruits to not go to Florida or transfer. And to be fair, nothing has really come to fruition that Que guy has said. And that is how it is over there...its the epitome of everything that is wrong with social media.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It's not about how good the player is , even though we needed this on. How can we expect to recruit with the alabamas for top players when we can't out bid a school like Miami for a depth peice? I'm not off the bandwagon by any means but I'm officially skeptical.

I think it is about how good the guy is. I think there is a lot more to NIL than many are taking into consideration. Everyone has their pile of money and if you can make another team pay a lot more for a player than that player is worth then you are taking away from their pile of money. I think you absolutely have to go all in on some players but I dont think Jackson is anywhere near an all in just for this season. Its obvious that Cristabol is playing the short game while we are playing the long game. Im more intersted in the bump class and the future than I am shoring up the holes for this season. Granted, you have to the best for the present and the future at the same time, but I think our future is a bigger priority than over paying for someone like Jackson.

We are doing the same thing with Zavion Hardy. The kid is using USCe to get us to pay more for him. He isnt worth what we would have to pay for him and I dont think the staff sees him as an all in guy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I’m not sure we can. I’m worried about QB recruiting. I’m not worried about DB. We have the best DB coach in America. He’s the best of both recruiting and developing.

We probably have the best shot of landing 2 five star DBs. That hasn’t happened in a long time. Believe it or not I’m not worried about linebacker. But I am worried about elite pass rushers.

One thing that I do like that the staff is doing is they are really focusing on Florida.

But I think there’s a really good shot that we don’t bring in an elite signal collar this year. And that will be two years of mediocre QB recruiting.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
a bunch of internet bad@sses who argue about the dumbest things and start new threads for every little thought that comes to their mind on the same subject instead of keeping it on one thread.
Is that different from here? :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Also candy that melts in your mouth, not in your hands (which is complete bs..never-mind the coloring stains)

Who is hand-holding that candy that long.?

Lost 2 good kids to Miami over the last couple months.

Who can know if that involves that inaccurate rumor saying we had the guy.?

Might be time to move on from Napier before it's too late.

too late.

just read on tos that jackson's deal with miami is "north of 400k" (M for alcoholica). Fug that guy...aint worth it. Save that money for the bump class

That's 'cause alky believes himself to be worth 400M.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dumbest board I have ever seen with a bunch of internet bad@sses who argue about the dumbest things and start new threads for every little thought that comes to their mind on the same subject instead of keeping it on one thread.

... can't argue with that.

Well, I enjoy the info and incites you post here. Some of y'all just seem to "know stuff" when it comes to the UF Athletic Dept.

Or seems so to us that know so little.??

to defend him from these attacks and dispel the accusations, which was only able to be read if you were a member.

... indefensible.!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Is that different from here? :lol:

Yes...very much. They got about 20 or so donkeys over there. They say the same thing over and over and over on every single thread with personal attacks always. Not that are not arguments here that spiral out of civility, I have been apart of those, but thats just about all they got there and honestly, unlike here, the arguments are middle school level bs. At least here its more like a pub or bar atmosphere. You dish out what you can take. Lots of nancies over there who get their feelings hurt.

So until sometime in late Oct to early Nov, I will take whatever seems like a good piece of info worth sharing and share it here. But thats all I will do over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member