Not open for further replies.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Stop the bleeding.

@On3sports: BREAKING Florida safety Kamar Wilcoxson has officially entered the NCAA transfer portal, per @mzenitz.

Read more HERE: Florida defensive back enters NCAA Transfer Portal

They keep announcing this because us old farts have a mini stroke thinking its Kamari Wilson.

Fuching with old people.

A$$holes.

kitty toy GIF

Last edited:

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
You're probably right. Maybe it's just now official....hard to keep up with at this point.

Yeah, he's probably just now entered the portal.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m responding to Durty obviously, but errbody feel free to jump in: So which one (s) of the players transferring were you expecting to be a big contributor next fall?
at some point you need players, even for depth. i dont expect much of anyone to be big contributors except for the 2 backs, but that doesnt mean we dont need players on the field, and some in reserve for depth and competition. im not much of a burn the house down to eliminate the mold issue, but as long as we are going that route, id say we neeed to portal about 50% of the coaching staff too.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
a lot of these articles start off like, "so and so from the university of florida has entered the tranny portal. so and so was a 4 star recruit out of..."

so i gotta ask, were these all cali 4 stars or were the rankings constantly skewed in our favor or what? because usually when we get kids we claim they are really better than their ranking but the evaluators are biased against us. and saying all these kids are hot garbage and couldnt start for anyone in the sec doesnt jive with the 4 star thing. Perhpas mullentham just ruined everyone so bad none are rehabitable?

just want to know what the current talking point is :grin:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
at some point you need players, even for depth. i dont expect much of anyone to be big contributors except for the 2 backs, but that doesnt mean we dont need players on the field, and some in reserve for depth and competition. im not much of a burn the house down to eliminate the mold issue, but as long as we are going that route, id say we neeed to portal about 50% of the coaching staff too.

Why waste scholarships on guys that are never going to touch the field here? We're better off burning it down and rebuilding. For us even to take what we really need to in the portal and from HS guys, we need more to hit the portal. Right now with the amount of transfers we have, we're only going to be able to bring in like 5-8 guys; that's not enough to replace the deadweight on the roster.

Also, the coaching staff is fine. Let's see what they look like next year with their players and their system in place. If the defense is as bad as it was last year, go ahead and replace Toney, I don't think Bateman is going to stick around either so that's a non issue.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why waste scholarships on guys that are never going to touch the field here? We're better off burning it down and rebuilding. For us even to take what we really need to in the portal and from HS guys, we need more to hit the portal. Right now with the amount of transfers we have, we're only going to be able to bring in like 5-8 guys; that's not enough to replace the deadweight on the roster.

Also, the coaching staff is fine. Let's see what they look like next year with their players and their system in place. If the defense is as bad as it was last year, go ahead and replace Toney, I don't think Bateman is going to stick around either so that's a non issue.
dont get me wrong, in theory i agree with everything youve stated, but with so many moving pieces, and so much of this master strategy contingent on a whole lot of highschoolers and underclassmen doing exactly what we want, the plan seems to better resemble market garden than the normandy invasion.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
not possible, i heard many commentators talking about how clemson was the most stable program, and kids never leave there b/c its a big family and dabo is a wonderful daddy to these good boys

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
A lot of these teams are losing guys that were contributors or going to be. We're pushing out our dead weight, I like where we are going.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
What happens to players who enter the portal but do not get selected?

Eat potato chips on the couch, beg your way back onto the team you were on or move down a division....all of these idiots think because the NIL is something now that they can leave their current team and go get paid when in reality, a lot end up with no where to go.

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
Eat potato chips on the couch, beg your way back onto the team you were on or move down a division....all of these idiots think because the NIL is something now that they can leave their current team and go get paid when in reality, a lot end up with no where to go.
To be clear, we're stuck with some of these players if they don't get selected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator