Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n70884 said:
Hearsay, wasn't reported for 22 hours, kinda weird.

No, it isn't. Most sexual assaults on campus don't even get reported. 22 hours is actually quick. It gives credence that something did happen. I'm not saying Treon did it. I have no idea.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
alcoholica;n70886 said:
If true it sucks on so many levels and is very wrong. But, this is why they investigate. It could very easily have been another student saying he was Treon to try and get some. Alcohol could have been involved with a young lady regretting a decision. Despite what some have posted, regret is not assault. Or Treon could be a sack of crap. I'll wait until the info is out.

What is mind boggling to me is that some team leaders didn't have Harris, Tabor, and Dawson with them Saturday. Keep them out of trouble and show them how to be responsible after a big win.

At face value, this sounds horrible from many perspectives, but I'll continue to wait for all the info to come to light. Props to UF for handling this in a responsible manner and not act like FSU.

A woman who is intoxicated is not able to give consent - not my standard, but a legal standard. Not having consent constitutes sexual assault.

It is VERY, VERY common to wait at least 24 hours to report a sexual assault.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon will just transfer to FSU where sexual assault is a resume enhancer.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bayou gator;n70885 said:
For the past 5 years, there can't be a more frustrated fanbase in all of college football. It's like a groundhog day nightmare that will never end.

Do you even Michigan or Texas or USC bro?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well other than that how was the parade Mrs. Kennedy?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, if you've become any sort of high profile athlete, your best option is don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out, don't engage in any sex with anyone you don't consider a trustworthy, long time girlfriend. It's sad, but it's true. Hell, as perverted and creepy as it may sound, maybe you hit audio or video record on your phone just to protect yourself during any sexual acts. What better defense, if you're innocent, than to have at least audio of the encounter.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You aren't paying hookers for sex. You're paying them to go away.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
VulcanAlex;n70838 said:
While there are many funny posts here if he is guilty of a sexual issue he is done for the year and probably done at UF. We laugh at FSU not investigating and letting their QB get away with stuff. We can't allow UF to stoop to this level.

This is exactly correct...if he really did this he should be gone, we are not the other team, we stay classy, and no one on here needs to say anything about that young lady doing this on purpose, ruining our program, being a snitch yada yada... this is UF, not them. We do not want people IF they did this. We need to just wait till it's over to pass judgement, period.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
The Original DC;n70910 said:
Sadly, if you've become any sort of high profile athlete, your best option is don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out, don't engage in any sex with anyone you don't consider a trustworthy, long time girlfriend. It's sad, but it's true. Hell, as perverted and creepy as it may sound, maybe you hit audio or video record on your phone just to protect yourself during any sexual acts. What better defense, if you're innocent, than to have at least audio of the encounter.

Tim Tebow must have been very, very sad during his college years.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Gator charm;n70915 said:
This is the program you have delivered to us JF.....happy?

Take this **** like a man and point the finger at those who deserve it. Muschamp and JF are not deserving of it.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Ugh...there goes any hope for the rest of the season!

Not to be insensitive but Muschamp probably set Harris up so he had an excuse to stick with Driskel

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n70922 said:

No Tim was very happy, he won a lot of games, helped a lot of people, and got an education, not to mention exposure that is paying dividends even now.

If you were being sarcastic I am sorry.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
VulcanAlex;n70928 said:
Originally posted by HogtownGator View Post

No Tim was very happy, he won a lot of games, helped a lot of people, and got an education, not to mention exposure that is paying dividends even now.

If you were being sarcastic I am sorry.
I was being sarcastic. DC said - paraphrasing - it is sad, but athletes shouldn't drink, smoke, or have sex with anyone except a trusted long term girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator