Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First and 10: In the end, Dan Mullen has nobody to blame but Dan Mullen

2. A quick, ugly evolution
The overriding question, without an easy answer, is how did we get here?

How did a team that was a handful of plays away from beating Alabama in the SEC Championship Game last season, lose to one of the worst teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision?

There was a turning point moment, and it’s not what you think.

When former Florida offensive coordinator Brian Johnson left to become the quarterbacks coach for the Philadelphia Eagles, Mullen lost his best recruiter and developer of offensive talent – and as important – the only check on his massive ego.

Johnson was the one coach, a source within the program told me, who could tell Mullen “no.” The one coach Mullen would listen to — not unlike how a previous Florida coach with a huge ego (Urban Meyer) could only hear “no” from one coach (Charlie Strong).

But they also were recruited by former coach Jim McElwain, an utter disaster of a head coach who failed miserably as a developer of talent and recognizing talent (remember Treon Harris over Will Grier?).

They were also players who developed significantly under Mullen and Johnson.

“He’s going to be a head coach in our league one day,” an NFL scout told me of Johnson.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

The comments under the video are eyepopping, especially this one:
Yogi Chong
6 hours ago (edited)
I'm an old Mississippi State Bulldog fan, I will tell you some truth about Mullen. #1- BIG GAME SYNDROME - Dan always chokes / has a ****ty game plan in Big Game situations (chances to seal the Division, Big Bowl games, etc.) Added to this he will typically give you fits with a WTF game (loss or narrow win against inferior opponent) #2 - RECRUTING - Let's face it Dan's New Hampshire cocky ass attitude is a liability. But more infuriating at MSU he replaced our good Recruiting Coordinator (Sleepy Robinson) with Mullen's own Mistress (Lee Davis) - she is not a good Recruiting Coordinator she is just Dan's "side piece"...and Mullen took her to Florida with him...and made her UF's Recruiting Coordinator...and is still ****ing her. #3 - TALENT EVALUATION - Let this sink in folks - Dak Prescott was only MSU's starting QB for 2 years (his Junior & Senior year). Dan sat Dak on the bench for 2 years despite the fact that EVERYONE in Maroon and White could see that Dak was our best QB and should be starting...Hell even Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder could've seen it! Yet Dan did manage to burn his Redshirt and a piss away his Sophomore year with minimal playing time, while starting an inferior QB to the tune of a 6-6 record in 2013.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yogi Chong is way too knowledgeable to work at UF. I knew there was a reason that Cowbell was improving. Maybe Yogi has some eligibility remaining and can fill that pesky kicker role.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

he replaced our good Recruiting Coordinator (Sleepy Robinson) with Mullen's own Mistress (Lee Davis) - she is not a good Recruiting Coordinator she is just Dan's "side piece"...and Mullen took her to Florida with him...and made her UF's Recruiting Coordinator...and is still ****ing her.

Wow...I'll just say that this statement is not made by me for any purposes of defamation, but big if true.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Then I can stop hearing about how we can't hire Kiffin, Freeze, etc. because of their past indiscretions. Further, it shows Stricklin probably allowed this to go on under his watch. More to the fire on him
I meant we could fire Mullen for cause if true. Sorry wasn't clearer.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Forgot I posted this at the time. Aged like a fine wine....also Durty's wife

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.