Truth Takes: From a Birmingham Hotel

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Have you seen any word on why Wingo didn’t travel?

I was listening to one of the podcasts yesterday (I think it was Stadium & Gale) and they suggested that Moon may have been in Covid protocol - and there were a couple of others. I'm guessing Moon, Wingo, and maybe Houston...and Humphries? (I'm not sure if Humphries traveled either).

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Good Stuff 14, this should be it's own post/thread.

Reese pulling is almost comical. I laughed at one of his plays and said to my buddy, "WTF is he doing? It's like slow motion!"

I don't know if it is just/only speed, because he looked the same several times on plays where he wasn't pulling and occasionally in pass protection. I'm thinking we overvalued his experience in this offense, because it seemed far more often to be tentativeness was the bigger factor. You could see his head going back and forth, unsure of who to go hit.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't know if it is just/only speed, because he looked the same several times on plays where he wasn't pulling and occasionally in pass protection. I'm thinking we overvalued his experience in this offense, because it seemed far more often to be tentativeness was the bigger factor. You could see his head going back and forth, unsure of who to go hit.

I've been listening to several of the Gator podcasts that are out there - usually while at the gym or doing something, so I miss a little here and there - but (I think it was the Stadium & Gale) they said he missed a lot of conditioning w/ the transfer and was still getting into playing shape. He may move to OT when White returns (w/ Heggie moving to OG).

One of the problems I had w/ the game was that we didn't blow them out - at top 10 team should beat that Ole Miss team by 20+. It didn't give us a chance to put in backups, the OL played the entire game - not even 1 snap by a back up. That's inexcusable. Hopefully we can get these younger OL's some game reps in the coming weeks.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I've been listening to several of the Gator podcasts that are out there - usually while at the gym or doing something, so I miss a little here and there - but (I think it was the Stadium & Gale) they said he missed a lot of conditioning w/ the transfer and was still getting into playing shape. He may move to OT when White returns (w/ Heggie moving to OG).

One of the problems I had w/ the game was that we didn't blow them out - at top 10 team should beat that Ole Miss team by 20+. It didn't give us a chance to put in backups, the OL played the entire game - not even 1 snap by a back up. That's inexcusable. Hopefully we can get these younger OL's some game reps in the coming weeks.

We should. Like I’ve said, this Ole Miss team won’t be #6 in the West this year and I think they might be competitive with about everyone if they stay healthy. *and on the 20+ note, we do that if we finish the two redzone drives where we kicked field goals. As I put in the preview, this was a 4-8 team that lost 5 games by 8 or less with Matt Luke as a head coach and Rich Rod as OC. Kiffin brings swag and better offense, mixed with first game bs we’ve seen before and I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet. However, that could change depending on how we do in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator