Truth Takes: Kentucky Preview 2023

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Maybe we can catch them looking ahead to georgia, or tennessee, or alabama, or south carolina, or louisville. Did not reallize Kentucky has a tough schedule. They get the vols and bama at home, at least.
No way we catch them cats looking ahead. As you know, every team in the SEC tends to bring their best against Florida.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
No way we catch them cats looking ahead. As you know, every team in the SEC tends to bring their best against Florida.

I’ve made it to Ohio, yay! But yes, as others have said UK really does see UG as their biggest SEC rival. Being a basketball school, I think our rivalry that has come about the last 30 years as we as the 31 year annual losing streak has given them a special kind of hate we can’t fathom. Because losing to a team 31 seasons in a row is for losers.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Was kidding on some levels. The conversation was asking if Kentucky will be up for us- are we a big enough rival- or not. They do have georgia, at georgia next week. I think they see their schedule ahead as difficult with losses, and they are going to want this one badly. The loser will be looking at a mediocre season. Agree with every poster that looks for Napier to get the team ready, and for the staff to be ready to call a great game.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hopeful........... I just don't have any idea if Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde will show up.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
There shouldn't be any doubt, losing the past two years should be enough for everyone on this team to bring their game.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone here realize that we were 96th in total defense last year and now we're 5th at 244yds/game? Yes, we've not gotten into the better offenses yet, but UT is averaging 463 yds/game alone

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We should win but they want to win, too. They'll be motivated. All those years of losing aren't easy to forget.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
KY is similar to Utah in that they are well coached, have established solid systems and team culture, and make the most out of having mostly very competent players with a few really good ones.

So we’ll see how much we’ve progressed since week 1, on the road against a gritty team. I like our team and our chances.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KY is similar to Utah in that they are well coached, have established solid systems and team culture, and make the most out of having mostly very competent players with a few really good ones.

So we’ll see how much we’ve progressed since week 1, on the road against a gritty team. I like our team and our chances.

There are definite similarities. It’s why the play of AR last year went from electric in the Utah win to dismal and a loss to Uk a week later. I think we are much more balanced and prepared this season. But that’s where the similarities stop. I respect Whittingham quite a bit for what he’s done at Utah and he seems like a genuinely decent guy. Stoops on the other hand is a dirty coach who isn’t very good and looks like a sweaty mid-level union rep.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I gotta agree. Kentucky is utah in blue uniforms.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Does anyone here realize that we were 96th in total defense last year and now we're 5th at 244yds/game? Yes, we've not gotten into the better offenses yet, but UT is averaging 463 yds/game alone
At this moment, 96th is 403 ypg, so huge turn around. Incidentally, fsu is currently 94th, giving up 400 ypg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator