Tuesday Favorites....2022 Feel Good Story

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
2022 was a difficult year for many, myself included. Full of pain and hardships for me but spectacular for others. I’m looking for a new beginning in 2023 as is most of the nation. Life is full of peaks and valleys and I’m looking to climb to the top this year! Or at least climb out of this valley.

What is your favorite feel good story of 2022? Either a personal victory, from an acquaintance or one from the news

Two couples I know have overcome infertility and are expecting babies this year.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The best I can come up with off-hand is that one of my favorite nieces gave birth to her first child, a boy that she and her husband named "Olen." He was born back in April but I didn't get to meet him until Christmas eve when all the family gathered over at my brother's, her dad, house. Olen is such a happy little fellow and it was a true joy just getting to hold him and watch him smile at the faces I would make at him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was fortunate enough to be able to promote a guy I hired almost 4 years ago to fill a vacant position that reports directly to me. He was fairly inexperienced in some critical areas but had such a great attitude and personality that I took a chance on him. Nice young man (31 now) with a wife and a 4 year old son. The promotion involved a substantial increase in salary which enabled him to buy his first home (rented previously) for his young family. It’s one of the greatest feelings in my professional life to be able to reward hard work and dedication in a way that changes people’s lives.
Other than that, work sucks!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
2022 sucked like a black hole for me professionally. I don't think a numeral change in the year is going to result in much difference either. But here's to hoping.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There was this one day when I got Wordle in two tries.

andy richter conan nyc GIF by Team Coco

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
This past summer I made a change to a different school. I’d been at my previous school for 17 years and it was time for a change. There’s comfort in familiarity, and change is scary, but I’m so glad I made the move. I’m closer to home, make more money, and the administration actually values me as an educator. I’m having fun teaching again.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This past summer I made a change to a different school. I’d been at my previous school for 17 years and it was time for a change. There’s comfort in familiarity, and change is scary, but I’m so glad I made the move. I’m closer to home, make more money, and the administration actually values me as an educator. I’m having fun teaching again.

Well, here’s hoping that you finally graduate this year

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Got a new job one year ago today-
Put myself in a much better mood and financial position. Probably why my posts have been all fluffy, light, airy and gossamer-like these past few months.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Have some very close friends who had a baby, their first, which was great. My best friend’s wife appears to be cancer free after a two year battle. Lost an old friend in Spring but have been able to watch his son grow up tremendously and reflect a lot of his father’s positive qualities. Also, my mother, mother-in-law and father-in-law all retired this year, something they all three deserved.

On a personal note, financially did very well this year, even on most personal investments. But some of my personal best moments that I’m the happiest about were being able to throw my mother a surprise retirement party, teaching my son to ski(in two days) and just generally getting a lot closer to my wife this year. Maybe the closest since our first as a couple. Those things made the year a success.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Oh, and I bought a house in Texas to get out of this blue state that I’m in.
And as everyone knows, one doesn’t dissect gossamer.

Correct- don’t even try it. Can’t be done.

Now I need to sell the house in Colorado. That’ll be next years feel good story.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Have some very close friends who had a baby, their first, which was great. My best friend’s wife appears to be cancer free after a two year battle. Lost an old friend in Spring but have been able to watch his son grow up tremendously and reflect a lot of his father’s positive qualities. Also, my mother, mother-in-law and father-in-law all retired this year, something they all three deserved.

On a personal note, financially did very well this year, even on most personal investments. But some of my personal best moments that I’m the happiest about were being able to throw my mother a surprise retirement party, teaching my son to ski(in two days) and just generally getting a lot closer to my wife this year. Maybe the closest since our first as a couple. Those things made the year a success.

I’m truly happy for you and your family.
I can’t help but think how great 2022 could have been if I ate dark chocolate too.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I get a few a month in the work I do, of people actually needing the help offered, and you know the need is 100% legit and they aren't trying to play the system.

The ones I really like, and they don't happen often enough, are people that call me wanting to cancel their benefits because they state they don't need them anymore.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
20, 21, and 22 have sucked pretty bad. But last summer, I got to spend 9 days in Italy with my family. Then they went on for another 9 days to see Paris, London, and Berlin. So that was cool. Besides that.... 2022 can EABODs.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
2022 was an underperforming year for me, personally. I totally slacked off compared to years past, and my savings show it. But at least I'll be paying less taxes this time around! :yes: And I'm well rested to kick ass again in 2023.

The happiest part of 2022 was my son being accepted to Jesuit High School last Spring, and then he absolutlely smashed it in the Fall semester. He ended the semester with Straight As, including a First Honors award for English, which is odd, because he's more of a math/science guy.

Also, my mom survived a bout of pulmonary embolisms, and my nephew survived being hit by a car. So, at least we're all still here.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I have had bad luck since 2018. Finally thought it was turning around going into 2023, but the new job offer ended up paying less when I added everything up so most likely staying put. Probably seeing my oldest turn 10 was the proud moment of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator