Tuesday Favorites....Breakfast

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Back on track, I like a biscuit halved with a fresh sausage patty and a fried egg (runny) on each half. Smother with sausage gravy and top with a little grated sharp cheddar. We call it “Redneck Eggs Benedict.” They’re pretty darn good, but I make sure not to have them within a month of my annual physical or any bloodwork.

That’s basically the smokehouse at Cracker Barrel . Except you get grits with it too. Pretty much a perfect breakfast .

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's a local restaurant where I live that serves breakfast nachos. Instantly became my favorite breakfast meal. My order always consists of chips, eggs, sweet potatoes, grilled onions and peppers, chorizo, queso, tomatillo salsa, and jalapeno-ranch. It's a little spicy and a lot of delicious.

Swampy!

Aug 3, 2018
Opened buttermilk biscuit. Pile scrambled eggs on top of the biscuit halves, Pile grits on top of the eggs. Couple of pats of butter on top of the grits. Generous amount of black pepper. Crumbled up patty sausage on top of the grits. Mix it all together and you have the perfect breakfast. When I'm feeling a little frisky I'll add several dashes of Tobasco.

Breakfast always makes me think of my granddaddy. Every time I ate breakfast with him, which was fairly often he would tell me the same joke and every time he told it he cracked himself up. I'll share it:

An old hillbilly goes into a breakfast diner. It's the first time the old hillbilly had ever been in a restaurant of any kind. He sits down at a table and a waitress comes to take his order. He tells the waitress that he wants eggs.

Waitress: "How do you like your eggs"
Old Hillbilly: "Oh, I like em!"
Waitress: "No. How do you like them cooked?"
Old Hillbilly: "Oh, I like em that way better than any!"

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Favorite #1:
Scrambled eggs with cheese
Sausage patties (spicy preferred)
Grits (occasionally hash browns)
Biscuits and sausage gravy
Hot, black coffee

Favorite #2:
Fried eggs
Thick sliced bacon (at least a pound or two)
Cheese grits
Healthy pile of pancakes with butter and syrup
Hot, black coffee

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's a local restaurant where I live that serves breakfast nachos. Instantly became my favorite breakfast meal. My order always consists of chips, eggs, sweet potatoes, grilled onions and peppers, chorizo, queso, tomatillo salsa, and jalapeno-ranch. It's a little spicy and a lot of delicious.
Metro Diner has good breakfast nachos. Love em with the chorizo and some sliced jalapeños

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Back on track, I like a biscuit halved with a fresh sausage patty and a fried egg (runny) on each half. Smother with sausage gravy and top with a little grated sharp cheddar. We call it “Redneck Eggs Benedict.” They’re pretty darn good, but I make sure not to have them within a month of my annual physical or any bloodwork.

Sounds good Cover. Breakfast is my favorite. Whenever visiting my grandparents farm (circa 1955-62) in Medulla (between Lakeland and Mulberry) I would get up for breakfast at 4:30 am with my grandfather. He was a farmer and phosphate miner. Often-times, my grandmother warmed up leftover rice mixed with 2 over-medium eggs with runny yellows, thick white bacon (fatback) fried crispy, scratch-made biscuits and coffee with milk and sugar ~ saucered, cooled and sipped. The rice and runny egg yellow is a match made in heaven. Still my favorite. Of course grits are always great and fried potatoes run a close 3rd. Now-days, my wife will make a batch of seasoned taco meat and put it in the fridge. I warm a tortilla shell, heat up the taco meat, scramble a couple of eggs and make a breakfast burrito with some hot sauce and a cup of black coffee.

Like I said, Breakfast is my favorite any time of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.