Tuesday Favorites....early days of the internet

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Back in the early days when Gore invented the internet, what were some of the best websites that kids these days will never know about?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Back in the early days when Gore invented the internet, what were some of the best websites that kids these days will never know about?
@bradgator2 will back me up here... but my FAVORITE "home page" to this day was the old Yahoo home page that you could absolutely customize the F out of in terms of everything you could possibly want to see on one page/"feed". Down to a gnats ass level of detail for types of news, sports, stock portfolio... on and on and on.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lan parties of games like Quake or Doom, or that really really schitty looking development software that UF was teaching Java and C++ that was orange and blue, which would be killing your eyes by 1am

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
LAN parties for sure.
We had a great network set up at the Tech Data training center in Largo and did a few Doom95 parties.
Rambo and God mode come to mind

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LAN parties for sure.
We had a great network set up at the Tech Data training center in Largo and did a few Doom95 parties.
Rambo and God mode come to mind

Tech Data I worked not to far from them for almost 2 decades

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I just have vague memories of AOL with minimal fondness.

But I can honestly say I remember my first ever Google search!! I was at work doing a lot of research, and someone came to my door and suggested I try a new search engine Google, because it found "everything." My very first search right then and there was pics of Derek Jeter. Lol

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you work at that little store that made great Cuban sandwiches across from the airport?

No, Little further than that... I still work for the company, but not I can work from home... home office is in Feathersound

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Lan parties of games like Quake or Doom, or that really really schitty looking development software that UF was teaching Java and C++ that was orange and blue, which would be killing your eyes by 1am
I liked playing the original 2 or 3 World of Warcrafts like that.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
OK, I'll spill the beans... he works for Thee Manor (formerly "Diamond something") but is able to do all their "IT" work remotely now

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator