Tuesday Favorites...Quote from a movie

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
"I want my two dollars!"

Lot of good ones from Cusack movies. I use the $2 a lot, and throw these in when I can:

• Lloyd Dobler: I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

• Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
  • Joe: By choice, man.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Lot of good ones from Cusack movies. I use the $2 a lot, and throw these in when I can:

Yup, totally agree... I use Better Off Dead quotes ALLLLL the time! Can't believe you didn't post this one, I use it here a lot in the chat box! :lol:

And this quote...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Yup, totally agree... I use Better Off Dead quotes ALLLLL the time! Can't believe you didn't post this one, I use it here a lot in the chat box! :lol:

And this quote...

Damn it... looks like I'll need to rewatch the who;e thing again this weekend.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shocked this hasn't been mentioned.
I wanted to use this as my hs yearbook quote, but having attended a Catholic school, the language was a non-starter.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shocked this hasn't been mentioned.
I wanted to use this as my hs yearbook quote, but having attended a Catholic school, the language was a non-starter.

So you went to a Catholic school? Always think about Billy Joel’s line from “Only the Good Die Young”…”you Catholic girls start much too late!” Then there’s that other thing. Ever try any of this?…

1688581616119.png
:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1764.jpeg
    IMG_1764.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
So you went to a Catholic school? Always think about Billy Joel’s line from “Only the Good Die Young”…”you Catholic girls start much too late!”

Might have been true in the 70s; but I assure you, that line is completely outdated now...

:giggity:

I credit Britney Spears for making legions of Catholic schoolgirls realize that a skirt and stockings can be assets when done right.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Might have been true in the 70s; but I assure you, that line is completely outdated now...

:giggity:

I credit Britney Spears for making legions of Catholic schoolgirls realize that a skirt and stockings can be assets when done right.
Kinda what I figured about the Catholic girls. I guess part 2 was “don’t ask/don’t tell.”

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Kinda what I figured about the Catholic girls. I guess part 2 was “don’t ask/don’t tell.”

While I get that such jokes are low-hanging fruit and due in no small part to the internal failings of the Catholic Church, it's not humor I participate in out of respect to the many priests and bishops I've met that have lived their faith and have no association with such acts.

But don't want to be too serious in an otherwise lighthearted thread, so another favorite movie quote has to be the entire "Sex Panther Cologne" scene from Anchorman. "60% of the time, it works...every time."

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While I get that such jokes are low-hanging fruit and due in no small part to the internal failings of the Catholic Church, it's not humor I participate in out of respect to the many priests and bishops I've met that have lived their faith and have no association with such acts.

But don't want to be too serious in an otherwise lighthearted thread, so another favorite movie quote has to be the entire "Sex Panther Cologne" scene from Anchorman. "60% of the time, it works...every time."

I hear you Rev. God bless you. Having been a United Methodist most of my life, until recently that is, I’m not quite as respectful of church hierarchy as I probably should be. Still, never let the opportunity for a little prurient religious humor go to waste. You’re a better man than me in that regard.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
blues-brothers.gif

“…hit it.”

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
“I'll find him for three but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator