The AAF may be all done already

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They just keep scoring more points than the other team. You score more points, you win the game. You play to win the game.
muschamp_u5pknml4_d1c8n6qi.jpg

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The union is not going to do that unless it is a part of their collective bargaining agreement, and that would mean the owners would have to want it. I really don't understand it, every team has sufficient players and they seem to be somewhat popular. It could come down to money, if so then their plan was not very good.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Now it is official. I wonder what fools did not have enough money to run a business, before starting one.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If they had just kept that Saturday night slot on CBS like they did in week one, it would have helped.

I wonder if the XFL will get off the ground next year now.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I've said this before, I would have played in the Summer not right after football ended.

In the Summer football fans are counting the days.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If they had just kept that Saturday night slot on CBS like they did in week one, it would have helped.

I wonder if the XFL will get off the ground next year now.

I think the XFL will come in w/ better funding. Agree on the Saturday time slot too. Also agree w/ @NOLAGATOR that they should have waited until late spring/early summer - or at least waited until March to start.

The NFL really should invest in one of these leagues. If each team just gave $500K each they could field 8 teams w/ a $4 million/budget each. And if the NFL tacked on another $8 million, that's $5 million to run each team. I think the salaries were a little high in this league. They could have paid $5k/week for 10 weeks - then more if the team made the playoffs. Paying $80K was probably a little too lofty in year 1.

Also, the insurance issue - the Orlando team had to practice in the state of Georgia.

I'd love for a spring/summer "developmental" league to take off. I'm curious how many of these players will get picked up by an NFL team next year. The NFL needs QBs and OLs badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator