UF Basketball, Welcome Sign Always Out for Gator Greats

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing, Nav. I'm looking forward to a new era in Gator hoops and very hopeful that a young, energetic Mike White can continue the excellence we've come to expect while putting his footprint on the program. I'm also a huge Thunder fan all of a sudden.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pumped for next year. I think white is stepping into a pretty good situation. Gonna miss Billy .I'm calling it now, the thunder will be in the finals next year. It will be the first time I root against LeBron.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really liking this Mike White guy. He and McElwain have certainly done and said all the right things so far, just hope they can succeed on the field/court.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Well done coach White. Love that he is doing this and love the positive feedback from the Gator greats especially what Noah said about Coach White. I'm very optimistic about the future and hopefully White has a successful 20 year career here.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
MJMGator;n236976 said:
I also think it's great that we have the open door policy for all of our ex players. Here's an article on the AD at Texas. He actually charged the class of '64 $25 each to walk on the football field for their 50th reunion.
https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...teve-patterson

Similar article on scout.com
Many inside the Longhorn community are fed up with an athletic director who they say puts money above all else
“He has turned the Horns ‘brand’ into a commodity to be sold.”
Lehr said she and her classmates, even former football players, were initially told it would be $15 per person before it was upped to $25. They never made it onto the football field at DKR that weekend.

On March 9, Texas athletics announced its 2015 football season ticket renewal package, including this line: “To help shoulder the increased costs of recent changes in NCAA policy, seat prices across the stadium have increased by an average of six percent.”
According to numbers obtained by HornsDigest.com through an open records request, football season ticket holders were being handed a cost increase in 2015 by an average of 21.5 percent – with the Longhorns coming off a 6-7 season and a 5-year record of 36-28.

Along with the ticket increases for 2015, UT athletics also announced a no-resale policy for “grandfathered” season ticket holders – or you lose your season tickets. The result: roughly 10,000 football season tickets were not renewed by an April 10 deadline, multiple sources told HornsDigest.
Parking for football games used to be included with season tickets purchased through the Longhorn Foundation. Now, parking is separate, and costs between $100 and $195 for the season.

Sources said football coach Charlie Strong, who saw his and his coaching staff’s personal ticket allotment cut from eight to four last year, fought to increase the salaries of his eight quality control coaches from $24,000 to $50,000 after last season.
Texas has the lowest salaries in the Big 12 for its quality control coaches – even behind last-place football finisher Kansas ($45,000).
Strong’s request was denied by Patterson, and six of Texas’ eight quality control coaches who had built relationships with the rest of the staff, left to find better paying jobs, the sources said.

There is a lot more in that article, and even more in additional articles like this
5 new signs Texas AD Steve Patterson might not know what he's doing

I'm very glad we have Foley.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All that is so absurd considering how much money they probably make off the Longhorn Network.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Nice article and good move to reach out to them during this transition. Don't see how articles like that can hurt recruiting, either. Those guys can afford high dollar tattooes now.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Great article about the program and former players. Donovan created something here that needs to be sustained.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;236943 said:
Pretty cool article.

[video]https://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=30828&utm_medium=wall+post&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=%27Welcome%27+Sign+Always+Out+for+Gat or+Greats&utm_content=URL-Builder&utm_term=men%27s+basketball[/video]

Not sure if Mike White ever reaches the same level of success that Billy achieved, but so far he has said and done everything right. I really believe he was the right choice to take over this program.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It's all about relationships. Sports, Life, God. In the end that's all you, I, or anybody has.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NoahCelebrationDance.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.