Gator Basketball UF beats #4 Auburn in Basketball

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saturday 1:30 at home McConnell Center. 1;30 pm on CBS.
Big SEC showdown with both teams in second at 2-1 won-loss.
UF worry is Nembhard's flu may keep him out or diminish his worthy play.
Auburn is #4 in the nation at 15-1.
It should test Mike White's coaching resources, like never before. We will be watching it all.
CBS is a big stage. Will this be where our freshmen summon up some breakthrough?
Glover, Mann, Lewis can they get to warp speed and steadily score, collect fouls? Gonna take that to beat Auburn.??

When Blackshear first said "yes, I choose UF" did our doctors notice that he couldn't put his left heel flat on the floor. Could he have taken a medical redshirt, get better surgeons, better results and play with a normal left foot next year? I am certain, with that flub-foot he isn't advancing his NBA ranking.??

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Saturday 1:30 at home McConnell Center. 1;30 pm on CBS.
Big SEC showdown with both teams in second at 2-1 won-loss.
UF worry is Nembhard's flu may keep him out or diminish his worthy play.

When Blackshear first said "yes, I choose UF" did our doctors notice that he couldn't put his left heel flat on the floor. Could he have taken a medical redshirt, get better surgeons, better results and play with a normal left foot next year? I am certain, with that flub-foot he isn't advancing his NBA ranking.??
1st of all, there's supposed to be an O-Dome blackout tomorrow. You forgot to mention that. And if Nembie and KJ are ill, let's hope the blackout includes the TV feed.

2ndly, I do not believe Blackshear's foot can be fixed, so quit staring at it. He can make a great living overseas playing basketball if his 'condition' keeps him from the NBA. Glad to have him on our team. Best big man we've had since Patrick Young.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha: "quit staring at it" Good one, Sam, that's probably what I started doing. I'll remember your advice tomorrow and probably catch myself. He is a fine player.
Doubt CBS ever lets anybody black out one of their game broadcasts.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We need to crash the boards, need to make our passes forcefully, too fast for the Auburn defense to keep apace.
Please, White, don't let Auburn embarrass our youngsters.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I just listened to Alboverdi on a podcast abc the Auburn guy said they’re shooting 25% from three and as long as they defend the basket Auburn is at a loss and he even predicted a gator win...without Nembhard I don’t see it though

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Our season so far has or should have been preparation for this next stretch of games and beyond. We will know what we have and what to expect in the next two weeks.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I think we already know what we have.

I get that and don't necessarily disagree but it's only reasoning I can conjure up and remain hopeful.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 7-0 at the under 16 timeout. Payne has 4 points and an assist. Locke is 1-4 3pters

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ugly so far but I guess I’ll take it :lol:

Could be yet another long day shooting the ball

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 11-5 at the under 12 timeout. Really bad offense early. Payne has 6 pts and Blackshear cant make a shot. Defense playing hard though

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it's a start. Is Auburn bothered by our defense? Payne a strictly inside man. Many time teammates are handed the ball by Paye while he continues towards the basket, hand high open to complete the give and go, but his mates do not look for it. I really think he could have 2 more scores or at least drawn fouls. No reason Payne can't repeat that.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
As soon as barn starts hitting shots, they will throttle us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator