Recruiting UF faces uphill climb with 2015 class

News

Administrator
Jul 6, 2014
The Florida Gators face an uphill climb as they attempt to fill their 2015 recruiting class.

More...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I feel bad for the guys covering recruiting right now. They've gotta be thinking their job is pointless right now

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The worst part is Muschamp out on the road recruiting and telling these kids he'll be back next year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some things I've noticed about recruiting...

Recruits have been saying that they are waiting to see if the staff is retained. I know most assume they're talking about Muschamp, but I think recruits on both LOS will stay in play if we retain Lawing and Summers. I'd say the same for our secondary and Robinson.

To Muschamps credit, he talks about committing to the school not the coach. If true, this should help mitigate some of the impending fall out.

Any WR recruits we are in on should still be in play. They may like Leak, but they know there will be a better WR coach than him next year. Even if Muschamp stays, it's unlikely for Leak to keep his post.

I also look for our recruits like Jordan, Brown, and Jones to be more of contributing factor in keeping recruits and closing some out in the coming weeks. The new coach will be crucial, but retention of key assistants and recruits recruiting should help. A top 10 class is not out of the question since we have Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, and Holland as leans.

Also, recruits are pretty savvy. They know we are missing just a couple key factors....a QB and better HC talent. The QBs are here, just young. So a good HC hire will make this first class better than most transition classes.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n87667 said:
Some things I've noticed about recruiting...

Recruits have been saying that they are waiting to see if the staff is retained. I know most assume they're talking about Muschamp, but I think recruits on both LOS will stay in play if we retain Lawing and Summers. I'd say the same for our secondary and Robinson.

To Muschamps credit, he talks about committing to the school not the coach. If true, this should help mitigate some of the impending fall out.

Any WR recruits we are in on should still be in play. They may like Leak, but they know there will be a better WR coach than him next year. Even if Muschamp stays, it's unlikely for Leak to keep his post.

I also look for our recruits like Jordan, Brown, and Jones to be more of contributing factor in keeping recruits and closing some out in the coming weeks. The new coach will be crucial, but retention of key assistants and recruits recruiting should help. A top 10 class is not out of the question since we have Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, and Holland as leans.

Also, recruits are pretty savvy. They know we are missing just a couple key factors....a QB and better HC talent. The QBs are here, just young. So a good HC hire will make this first class better than most transition classes.

Top ten? Drinking early today? There's not a chance in hell. This is a going to be a huge hole going forward. Blame Foley.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n87698 said:
Top ten? Drinking early today? There's not a chance in hell. This is a going to be a huge hole going forward. Blame Foley.

Top 10 if we keep Summers, Lawing, Robinson, and make a good HC hire. We have three 5* kids who want to come here for either Summers or Lawing. If those 3 commit, it will be a momentum changer. The loss of Baker is not tragic if we pick up the other 4 LB's (Thomas who is committed, Holland, Coney, and Smith). The CB considering us is primarily because it's UF plus the track aspect. The Safety prospect is a Robinson guy. The DT from Trinity will come here if Holland and the 5*'s come. This big holes would be filling out the skill positions, but that could change with a new HC. Remember the late push that got us Harris and Worton?

Not saying it will happen, but it's not impossible by any stretch. Keeping Summers, Lawing and Robinson will be key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator