UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

His coach saying he can play 50+ snaps at UF is surprising too. Even if he was a full-time starter I don't think he's play more than 40 (it would be silly to have him on the field on 3rd and 9, or obvious passing downs). If we can get him in on 3rd and shorts, goal line type plays I'd be happy w/ that for his first year.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
His coach saying he can play 50+ snaps at UF is surprising too. Even if he was a full-time starter I don't think he's play more than 40 (it would be silly to have him on the field on 3rd and 9, or obvious passing downs). If we can get him in on 3rd and shorts, goal line type plays I'd be happy w/ that for his first year.
I disagree on third and 9. Pressure up the middle would be wonderful.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I believe the proper term is 3rd and Grantham and it doesn't matter who is on the field, odds are the opponent is getting the first down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No more than 3-5 plays a game. PROBABLY no more than 4 games.

Seniority has its advantages.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I disagree on third and 9. Pressure up the middle would be wonderful.

If it is greater than 3rd down and 1, there is no way Joe Lee Dunn Jr. will have a 450lb fat azz on the field. In fact if it is 3rd down and Joe Lee Dunn Jr., the entire weight of the D-Line that Joe Lee Dunn Jr. puts on the field is LESS than 450lbs. in total!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Mullen: "Grantham is one of the top 5 defensive coordinators in the country"

Having said that, its obvious that Mullen knows QBs better than defensive coordinators and I hope it is true. I don't think anyone here marveled and was wow'd at the deep balls that Trask threw. Trask's positives of being a cool guy, reading the defense and getting the ball to the open playmaker (or coming open) was what made Trask great. Brantley threw a great deep ball. Johnson threw a great deep ball. We have a long list of QBs at UF that accomplished nothing that threw a great deep ball. It is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Nice! Emory is a better passer than Trask!!! Woo!!!!

View attachment 30702

Ahhh, spring quotes! Everyone looks great, moves well, brimming with potential....

Last spring Mullen said Trask’s accuracy would improve depending not on throwing the ball more accurately so much as making the right read and hitting the open guy. That turned out to be spot-on.

Emory has a great arm and has thrown some “wow” passes, but decision making under pressure will be the key. If he can do that, he’ll look more like a slim Dax than a slim Fitzgerald.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mullen: "Grantham is one of the top 5 defensive coordinators in the country"

Having said that, its obvious that Mullen knows QBs better than defensive coordinators and I hope it is true. I don't think anyone here marveled and was wow'd at the deep balls that Trask threw. Trask's positives of being a cool guy, reading the defense and getting the ball to the open playmaker (or coming open) was what made Trask great. Brantley threw a great deep ball. Johnson threw a great deep ball. We have a long list of QBs at UF that accomplished nothing that threw a great deep ball. It is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Did Cousin Eddie not say previously that he thought Joe Lee Dunn Jr. was the BEST DC in college football? Well if he did say that obviously, Cousin Eddie has come around, albeit very slowly. From #1 to Top 5 is a downgrade but let me know when Cousin Eddie really gets into reality and fires Joe Lee Dunn Jr. b/c he sux and is not even Top 100 of DC's in D1 ball.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
you know there's only about three of us on here that even know who Joe Lee Dunn is?

Which makes it all the more fitting. There is only about 3 people on here who think Cousin Eddie is competent and even less who think Joe Lee Dunn Jr. should still have a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.