UF lands LB David Reese

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Certainly looks to have the build and footwork to be a solid LBer. He runs pretty well on the fly too, I could see him on kick coverage teams and hopefully if he picks up on things in the spring and fall he'll see some reps come game time.
Well, given how much we will be relying on Anzalone and Rolin, this kid betrer be ready to play right now.

At LB, due to our depth, Id take a 3 star EE or Juco over a 5 star for the fall. We MUST have someone ready to play NOW.

cuzg8tor

Aug 10, 2014
Well-spoken accountant to be and man can he hit and wrap up! Took a look at the roster and noticed we have about 13 seniors to include Morrison, Poole, Thurman, Halter, McGee and Bullard who will be missed - others not so much. Hopefully, we will not lose too many juniors. But, astonishing to me, we have about 30 freshmen on the roster this year. With the 25 or so coming in, we will have a very young but promising roster next year. With the new depth at most positions, we are going to be pretty good for the next few years I do believe.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Love the Reese pickup. I think this kid will turn out to be a stud. Looks like a tackling machine. But, I really hope we can add Mack Wilson. He seems to be good friends with commit Jaewon Taylor and I hope that helps get him in O&B. We haven't really had a linebacker like that kid in a while.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, given how much we will be relying on Anzalone and Rolin, this kid betrer be ready to play right now.

At LB, due to our depth, Id take a 3 star EE or Juco over a 5 star for the fall. We MUST have someone ready to play NOW.

^This. And the guys we have coming back seem to be injury prone.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great news. Looks like he can run a little bit and has a pretty good nose for the ball. Hope he's ready to play soon.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Watched his film and what isn't to love about this kid? He hits hard while wrapping up, causes turnovers, sheds blockers, fills his gap properly, has good lateral movement, can double as a fullback and chose to play at UF. Welcome to Gator Nation, David Reese :chomp:

Yes. And leaving him a clean sightline to a RB is an almost guaranteed tackle in the backfield.

Welcome David Reese !

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll put money on it that he won't be.
Some of these jackasses love to be trolled.

Spent the last two weeks licking dawg balls and swallowing elephant jizz. Embarrassing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some of these jackasses love to be trolled.

Spent the last two weeks licking dawg balls and swallowing elephant jizz. Embarrassing.
?? I thought we were friends man? Now I'm just another jackass?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm starting to wonder if 5* guys are worth it on average. You see time and again that hard working 4* and 3* guys outperform 5*s. Not saying don't take a 5*, but pass on the guys that don't possess other qualities. You need coachable guys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
?? I thought we were friends man? Now I'm just another jackass?
You are one of my favorite jackasses.

It's really a term of endearment. I had a girlfriend who referred to me as that almost exclusively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator