UF-MSU prediction thread

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Seems to me that it is our O-line that will
determine how things go. Hard game to pick--could go big either way. I will go with 27-24 UF.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Come on, guys!
It's OK for us to be good. It sounds like some of you are scared to objectively see what's happening.
This team is gonna smash MSU!
I'm thinking it'll be similar to Tennessee, without the same number of turnovers.
UF- 42
MSU- 18

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
After a late turnover Franks throws a TD to win the game...we can dream right?

UF-24
MSU-20
Kidding aside...we are improving, Go Gators!

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say how much the emotion of the situation will get to Mullen. Presuming he's the consummate professional, it won't. Hard to say how much the atmosphere will affect our players. Despite the damned cowbells, if over 100K fans who hate our guts and were loud as hell didn't affect them last week, the noise and fans in Starkvegas won't affect them this week.

I'm not sure how good MSU really is. They destroyed SFA, a I-AA team (just like we did Charleston). They blew out lower level I-A Louisiana (from Sun Belt conf). We blew out (by the score) Colo State, Mountain West is a bit > Sun Belt. They beat Big XII K-State, probably similar to our win over Vols, except ours counted in the SEC standings, and that didn't for them. And we both lost to UK. They have a large O-Line, it could be a problem.

I think it's going to be close either way, less than the current 9 pt line. I'm going with good guys, 27-24, on a late MacPherson FG.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Before the season I was sure this would be a blowout. After watching both teams play UK I have a little more faith...but I just can't see us winning on the road at that place:

MSU 28-20

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Come on, guys!
It's OK for us to be good. It sounds like some of you are scared to objectively see what's happening.
This team is gonna smash MSU!
I'm thinking it'll be similar to Tennessee, without the same number of turnovers.
UF- 42
MSU- 18

I certainly hope you’re right. I have us at 30-23. The only reason I don’t predict a bigger victory is that we have historically not played well there. I think it’s a somewhat closer game win or lose. I never bought into the early comments that they would blow us out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is Stewart Mandel's prediction (from the Athletic):

Florida at No. 23 Mississippi State (-7.5), 6 p.m. ET, ESPN
Both teams have had some high highs and low lows over the first month of the season, and it’s hard to say for sure their real identities. But I’m still fairly confident in Joe Moorhead’s Mississippi State offense despite its struggles at Kentucky, and it’s not like the Gators have an offensive weapon the caliber of Benny Snell to exploit the Bulldogs’ defense. Mississippi State 27, Florida 16

And Bruce Feldman's:

Dan Mullen returns to Starkville to face his old team, which is coming off getting roughed up by Kentucky — just like the Gators did a few weeks earlier. Florida did handle the road trip to Tennessee well last week, but this is a much more talented opponent on both sides of the ball. Mississippi State 24, Florida 14

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Since we never play well in Starkville, and our one win in the last 30 years or so there was a struggle as well, got to go with history. Miss St 34 UF 17

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This is Stewart Mandel's prediction (from the Athletic):

Both teams have had some high highs and low lows over the first month of the season, and it’s hard to say for sure their real identities. But I’m still fairly confident in Joe Moorhead’s Mississippi State offense despite its struggles at Kentucky, and it’s not like the Gators have an offensive weapon the caliber of Benny Snell to exploit the Bulldogs’ defense. Mississippi State 27, Florida 16

And Bruce Feldman's:

Dan Mullen returns to Starkville to face his old team, which is coming off getting roughed up by Kentucky — just like the Gators did a few weeks earlier. Florida did handle the road trip to Tennessee well last week, but this is a much more talented opponent on both sides of the ball. Mississippi State 24, Florida 14
The pros don't think much of our offense, only two TDS.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
72nt.gif

Its like not changing your underwear when you are on a winning streak..... errrr.... losing streak.

Do they make an exception and allow you to change them if you drop a deuce in there?

So assuming we don't sh*t ourselves Adam Lane style, we have a good chance. Our offense still kind of blows despite folks pushing the 10 TD to 2 INT number, but we have lots of play-makers on this team so if Mullenz can scheme them a little space we should get our big plays.

Cowbell's offense isn't going to scare anyone in the passing game and our D front is starting to play like we expected seeing a big boost with the return of Reese and CC. This makes it a favorable matchup for us (unlike Missouri for instance that is a bad matchup) so if it wasn't for the environment and history against these guys, it should be a comfortable win. As it is I think we pull it off 32-20 Gators.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I'll be watching and cheering the whole way, but I think MSU gets us. I hope we keep it close.

28-17 cowbells.

On the other hand I was really wrong about the UT and UK games too. I'd be glad to go 0-3

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator