Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n231880 said:
Originally posted by Gator Fever View Post
https://www.scout.com/college/footbal...-back-rankings

Newberg has us as the worst team as far as RBs go. I am starting to think he has an anti UF bias after his recent articles as you could easily make an argument for many other teams in there to be worse. Ole Miss, KY, Tenn and Vandy all had a lower per carry average than we did last season and Tenn and Vandy were quite a bit lower. Placing us behind Vandy etc. is almost comical imo despite our offensive line issues.

Never, in the history of football, has there been a so called major program with an entire returning offensive line with zero starts and only one player with just a handful of snaps as "experience". To top it off the other 5 returners are RFr. to go with the lone So. The remainder are incoming high schoolers to play against many 22-23 year old men.
An ill-wind is gathering, ignore it if you wish.

ryan.joseph....... is that you?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n231884 said:
that idiot don't know what he is talking about. imo I think its going to be a staple of our offense!

I read all posts & agree RBs will be upper bracket of SEC stats. Dubster hit the line drive that clears the wall (we
are in the CWS). IMO the most important reference "coach Mac's Magic" to include his total staff's magic. These
employee-managers are not the ones of CEO Muffedchomp's choices. (Our's is really a whole new company--
why not a whole new product ?) New O-schemes forcing opposing defenses into wrong direction, wrong
positioning mistakes ? You can fill in more very expansive differences. Like spirit, Gator Pride.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TLB;n231881 said:
despite his lone game explosion
:lmao:
adam-lane-unfortunate-stain.jpg

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n231906 said:
I could understand if he said we had the worst O-Line situation in the SEC, but RB? :headshake:
This, so it shows what an idiot he is. Our talent level at RB is not an issue, not a lot of experience, but we've seen many freshman come in a do well in the SEC.

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know about being the worst, since there are schools like Vandy and Kentucky just in the East, but UF doesn't have great running backs. Kelvin Taylor is average at best and Adam Lane showed up for a single game. Come to think of it, Taylor showed up for a single game last year, as well, when Georgia's front seven didn't show up. Kelvin Taylor has been overrated since high school. He's not fast, elusive, powerful, or quick. Those are attributes of great running backs, and he has none of them. He's a shadow of his father, who was a great back. As for the incoming freshmen, everybody has highly touted freshmen running backs, so it's nothing to crow about. I do see one of the freshmen supplanting Taylor at some point in the season because Taylor is a poor receiver out of the backfield and UF is going to need to get someone who is quick out in space because it's going to be a struggle to open up holes for a plodder like Taylor to run through. If you're honest, was there any difference between Mack Brown and Taylor?

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Personally, I'm glad he posted it.

And I hope our freshmen RBs read the article.

There are many examples of Freshmen being huge busts in the SEC. To wit:
  • South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore (1,197) and Auburn's Michael Dyer (1,093) in 2010
  • Georgia's Todd Gurley (1,385) and Alabama's T.J. Yeldon (1,108) in 2012
  • Arkansas' Alex Collins (1,026) in 2013
  • LSU’s Leonard Fournette last year
Wait! What?

Oh, nevermind.

So a Freshman CAN dominate the SEC. OK, we're good!

And I hope the other running backs on the team read the article too.

IGTBAFG

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.