UF trying to nab Miami (OH) grad transfer Safety

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
No thank you. Pass. A 2 star coming out of high school. He's not even listed as a potential undrafted RFA for the NFL in 2016 or 2017.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I haven't exactly had the most comfortable feeling about having to officially begin relying on Washington and Harris at Safety.

This news isn't helping matters.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't exactly had the most comfortable feeling about having to officially begin relying on Washington and Harris at Safety.

This news isn't helping matters.
Hopefully Gardner can move over and help here.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No thank you. Pass. A 2 star coming out of high school. He's not even listed as a potential undrafted RFA for the NFL in 2016 or 2017.

Didn't realize that, and just checked his stats and they aren't impressive. However, I hate the thought of having Washington as a starter (or even in the rotation).

Our safeties are definitely a big liability. I'm a little worried with our defense overall to be honest. LB and safety are not promising.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never fear We are in great hands.

Florida-Gators-football-coach-Geoff-Collins-coaches-at-spring-practice-940-wplok.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dear Easter Bunny, please bring us an offense that can score at least 45 points a game.....we're going to need it.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
and we've offered him a scholly already. neal's potential replacements must really be stinking up the joint.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't realize that, and just checked his stats and they aren't impressive. However, I hate the thought of having Washington as a starter (or even in the rotation).

Our safeties are definitely a big liability. I'm a little worried with our defense overall to be honest. LB and safety are not promising.
Washington definitely looks like the next Kyle Jackson.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Washington definitely looks like the next Kyle Jackson.

Maybe he takes a step forward this year (I hope)....but last year he always seemed late in reacting to the plays in front of him. Let's hope the game slows down for him this year, or Harris figures it out.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It seems like that's the narrative most our panting. We may not be as good as last year but they should be solid

I think some concerns are warranted. Sure we will be good, but it's scary with our LB and safety situation. Love what we have at DL and DB though

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Damn now our defense sucks all of a sudden. Didn't realize this.

I think our pass rush will be better next year than last's. It's possible the defense as a whole will be better. I am worried about depth though.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think our pass rush will be better next year than last's. It's possible the defense as a whole will be better. I am worried about depth though.

Those are rational concerns, but those who are losing their crap over the safety position need to back away from the ledge. We return Maye a 1st team all American and I believe Harris or Washington will improve. I'm more worried about LB

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Maye is below average in coverage, while Harris and Washington are worse lol. The concern at safety is 100% rational. That's not even being a Debbie downer (I'm a "pumper" remember?) that's just the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.