** UF vs Richmond official Bball thread **

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was a rebounding exhibition last night. Too bad DFS couldn't get his double-double.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What game were you watching, bro? Hill was 2/8 last night. Chucking up a couple 3s within 5 seconds on the shot clock.
Well I did watch it on DVR pretty late after work, and was surfing the web at the same time, but I saw him make a 3 and a couple of FT's, that I remember. Just checked his line, 2-8 FG, 1- 2 from 3 and 2-2 from FT line. He's far from great but we need him because we only have 2 true point guards. I have no problem with Chiozza getting more minutes but Hill is going to play every game significant minutes I am sure. I think his FT stroke looks better even if his percentage isn't vastly improved (not sure what it is so far). He needs to play D, get his assist rate up and drive to the hoop to get to the FT line. It looks like he's only getting about 20 minutes a game.

Guys who I'd like to see keep increasing their minutes: Egbunu, Robinson, Allen. Guys who probably need to be cut back on, Walker (still not sold on him at all), Hill maybe cut back to 15 minutes or so.

If white can find the winning formula we could be golden because there's a lot of talent on this squad, maybe the most since the 04's.

When does Murphy come back? Not sure there's room for him when he does actually.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guys who I'd like to see keep increasing their minutes: Egbunu, Robinson, Allen. Guys who probably need to be cut back on, Walker (still not sold on him at all), Hill maybe cut back to 15 minutes or so.

If white can find the winning formula we could be golden because there's a lot of talent on this squad, maybe the most since the 04's.

When does Murphy come back? Not sure there's room for him when he does actually.

I agree with your minute assessment. Murphy was to be out 6-8 weeks I think.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our length and athletism dominated that game last night. White is really doing a good with this team so far.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was impressed with how we played in this game. The defense was very very good, especially the interior defense. Offensively I still think we are taking too many quick shots without running the offense. Beating a team like Richmond by 20 points is a great win. If we can improve our shooting and get more structure offensively we may be able to make a run.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
DFS had a couple of great interior passes to Egbunu. Seemed to be the only one really interested in exploiting that mismatch. He (DFS) really has a well-balanced set of skills. Fun guy to watch for sure. I think he will be playing for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.