8-3 Gators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love Egbunu, nice having a quality big.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone see Fuchs dresed up as Darth Vader?

:lol2:

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
These guys might come out in the next game against Miami and make me regret saying this, but we might cause the SEC some headaches this year. They look like they're getting used to White's system.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its a block party

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is Kasey Hill the Treon of our basketball team? Does he get the dreaded "serviceable" label?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Devon walker just put up an airball on a free throw.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We've had some bull**** fouls called on us

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is a beat down, but I'm still concerned about the low shooting percentage.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Low shooting percentage definitely a concern, but if they keep rebounding like this, that'll cancel it out.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Egbunu is a beast who should be fed the ball in games like this to get his rhythm down. Hayes and Rimmer are also as good as we have had lately.

This team is loaded with potential inside and out. Some of these guys need to just quit jacking up threes at stupid times.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Solid BBall thread. A whopping 15 posts.

I just don't understand all the outside shots early in the possession when we've got a beast down low that can cause foul trouble. Is it selfish play?

And I also don't understand why Hill is even on the court.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This team will for sure make some noise. LSU looks beatable and Kentucky doesn't look like a world beater either at this point. I think both these teams were probably preseason 1 and 2 in conference due to loaded rosters. We shall see how these guys hold up the next few weeks with the schedule. I suspect at Michigan State will be a loss, but the other games are winnable. Miami just lost to freakin Northeastern or something like that.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Outside shooting is abysmal... and stupid when we have the inside advantage.
Freshman Hayes at 6'9" is fierce inside. Hayes-Egbunu inside is our future.
We've lost to Purdue, who is 9-0. We have some reasons that we could play
our best game, defense-offense, and beat almost anybody.

Still, we are shooting a losing FG% and FT%. Against the best teams that
will get us beat. Also, our guards need to always be looking to feed the ball
to Egbunu or Hayes. DFS needs to find his shot-spot.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Solid BBall thread. A whopping 15 posts.

I just don't understand all the outside shots early in the possession when we've got a beast down low that can cause foul trouble. Is it selfish play?

And I also don't understand why Hill is even on the court.
Don't be so hard on him. Hill made his only 3 attempt and even hit a couple of FTs. Last year he had to play the whole game but with our depth this year he should get 20 minutes or less depending on how he is playing.

That was a very good win and there is no doubt this team is coming together. With DFS, Robinson and Egbunu on the floor this team has some serious length and athleticism, enough to match anyone. With all the bench depth we just have to figure out whose minutes to increase and whose to cut to get a more cohesive main 7-8 man unit. If shooting comes around, and we figure out how to really use Egbunu this team can be scary good and way better than the middle of the SEC that all the talking heads keep repeating.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't be so hard on him. Hill made his only 3 attempt and even hit a couple of FTs. Last year he had to play the whole game but with our depth this year he should get 20 minutes or less depending on how he is playing.

That was a very good win and there is no doubt this team is coming together. With DFS, Robinson and Egbunu on the floor this team has some serious length and athleticism, enough to match anyone. With all the bench depth we just have to figure out whose minutes to increase and whose to cut to get a more cohesive main 7-8 man unit. If shooting comes around, and we figure out how to really use Egbunu this team can be scary good and way better than the middle of the SEC that all the talking heads keep repeating.

What game were you watching, bro? Hill was 2/8 last night. Chucking up a couple 3s within 5 seconds on the shot clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.