UF's lead for WR Robinson growing

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good news coming from The Opening camp in Oregon:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/gator-chomps-floridas-lead-growing-larger-for-wr-james-robinson

BEAVERTON, Ore. — Florida’s lead for James Robinson has increased over the last two months.

The 4-star wide receiver from Lakeland (Fla.) named UF his top school at the end of April. Clemson and Ohio State have since fallen out of the mix, while the Gators remain at the top.

“Every coach at Florida treats me like I’m their son,” Robinson said Wednesday at The Opening, Nike’s annual summer football camp for elite prospects.

“They hit me up every week, so that’s the school I talk to the most.”

Secondary coach Torrian Gray, a Lakeland native, is Robinson’s primary recruiter. He also speaks to coach Jim McElwain and wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon II.

“Coach Gray shows me a lot of love,” Robinson said. “He’s a true Lakeland guy and he wants to see me be successful. As soon as he got to Florida we had a real good talk about life. Ever since then, we’ve been tight.”

“Coach Mac and Coach Dixon talk to me, too. They tell me I’m a great player, but they’re not pressuring me. They’re letting me take my time and make the right decision.”

Robinson is ranked the nation’s No. 6 receiver and No. 39 overall prospect. He’s also the second-best wideout and No. 10 recruit in the Sunshine State.

Robinson said Florida State is the biggest threat to UF, but admits the thought of committing to the Gators crosses his mind a lot.

“I just thought about it last week,” Robinson said. “I don’t know how someone will top them.”

The next Ray Lewis?
Florida picked up a commitment two weeks ago from 3-star linebacker Ventrell Miller from Kathleen High School in Lakeland.

Robinson is very familiar with his fellow hometown product.

“I know Ventrell real good,” Robinson said. “We played on the same 7-on-7 team, so we went at it every day in practice. That’s my boy.”

Robinson said Miller told him he was going to Florida prior to his announcement. When asked to break down Miller’s game, Robinson likened him to a former Kathleen product and future Hall of Fame member.

“He might be the next Ray Lewis out of Kathleen,” Robinson said of Miller. “He’s a sideline-to-sideline linebacker. He can really move for his size. He hits hard, covers, he can do it all.”

5-star WR bonds with Ohio State QB commit
If you didn’t know Ohio State was the leader for Trevon Grimes, the signs were obvious Wendesday at The Opening.

The 5-star wide receiver from St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) and Ohio State quarterback commit Tate Martell were joined at the hip.

They were paired together throughout the camp and goofed around in between drills. Grimes even taught Martell how to do a back flip.

“Me and him, we’re rooming right next to each other,” Grimes told Landof10. “We’ve been talking since I got to the airport. Our relationship is building. He’s a phenomenal quarterback and a phenomenal guy. I’m looking forward to working here with him at The Opening and if something happens on down the line with college or what not, then that’d be an honor too.”

Grimes will announce his decision on Aug. 24 and the Buckeyes currently have the edge over Florida, Miami and others. He is ranked the nation’s No. 5 wide receiver and No. 29 overall prospect.

Unless otherwise indicated, rankings and ratings come from the 247Sports Composite.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Heard there have been some "handler" issues with this kid or at least that it was has been talked about on other sites and twitter but until something concrete surfaces, who knows..

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heard there have been some "handler" issues with this kid or at least that it was has been talked about on other sites and twitter but until something concrete surfaces, who knows..

With Robinson or Grimes?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good news coming from The Opening camp in Oregon:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/gator-chomps-floridas-lead-growing-larger-for-wr-james-robinson

BEAVERTON, Ore. — Florida’s lead for James Robinson has increased over the last two months.

The 4-star wide receiver from Lakeland (Fla.) named UF his top school at the end of April. Clemson and Ohio State have since fallen out of the mix, while the Gators remain at the top.

“Every coach at Florida treats me like I’m their son,” Robinson said Wednesday at The Opening, Nike’s annual summer football camp for elite prospects.

“They hit me up every week, so that’s the school I talk to the most.”

Secondary coach Torrian Gray, a Lakeland native, is Robinson’s primary recruiter. He also speaks to coach Jim McElwain and wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon II.

“Coach Gray shows me a lot of love,” Robinson said. “He’s a true Lakeland guy and he wants to see me be successful. As soon as he got to Florida we had a real good talk about life. Ever since then, we’ve been tight.”

“Coach Mac and Coach Dixon talk to me, too. They tell me I’m a great player, but they’re not pressuring me. They’re letting me take my time and make the right decision.”

Robinson is ranked the nation’s No. 6 receiver and No. 39 overall prospect. He’s also the second-best wideout and No. 10 recruit in the Sunshine State.

Robinson said Florida State is the biggest threat to UF, but admits the thought of committing to the Gators crosses his mind a lot.

“I just thought about it last week,” Robinson said. “I don’t know how someone will top them.”

The next Ray Lewis?
Florida picked up a commitment two weeks ago from 3-star linebacker Ventrell Miller from Kathleen High School in Lakeland.

Robinson is very familiar with his fellow hometown product.

“I know Ventrell real good,” Robinson said. “We played on the same 7-on-7 team, so we went at it every day in practice. That’s my boy.”

Robinson said Miller told him he was going to Florida prior to his announcement. When asked to break down Miller’s game, Robinson likened him to a former Kathleen product and future Hall of Fame member.

“He might be the next Ray Lewis out of Kathleen,” Robinson said of Miller. “He’s a sideline-to-sideline linebacker. He can really move for his size. He hits hard, covers, he can do it all.”

5-star WR bonds with Ohio State QB commit
If you didn’t know Ohio State was the leader for Trevon Grimes, the signs were obvious Wendesday at The Opening.

The 5-star wide receiver from St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) and Ohio State quarterback commit Tate Martell were joined at the hip.

They were paired together throughout the camp and goofed around in between drills. Grimes even taught Martell how to do a back flip.

“Me and him, we’re rooming right next to each other,” Grimes told Landof10. “We’ve been talking since I got to the airport. Our relationship is building. He’s a phenomenal quarterback and a phenomenal guy. I’m looking forward to working here with him at The Opening and if something happens on down the line with college or what not, then that’d be an honor too.”

Grimes will announce his decision on Aug. 24 and the Buckeyes currently have the edge over Florida, Miami and others. He is ranked the nation’s No. 5 wide receiver and No. 29 overall prospect.

Unless otherwise indicated, rankings and ratings come from the 247Sports Composite.

While Summers and Shannon keep sucking... Gray and Dixon have been killing it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we had backed off of Robinson due to off the field issues?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I should hope so! We ARE 3 star U after all...

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Clemson and several others have backed off Robinson because of his poor choices off the field but not us. I guess Mac thinks they can help the jit and I hope they can because he's one hell of a WR.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Clemson and several others have backed off Robinson because of his poor choices off the field but not us. I guess Mac thinks they can help the jit and I hope they can because he's one hell of a WR.

What on earth is a "jit?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.