Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it all plays out UGA in 31 has posu & ou out of conference games

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I must admit that I am concerned about these future games outside the conference but not for the obvious reason.
I am concerned that the latest is even more proof that UGA is moving past us in overall status in the football world.

UGA has played a home and home with Notre Dame while we play Michigan in Jerryworld and loaded up on geography schools.
UGA has future games with schools like POSU and OU while we are happy to schedule Arizona State, Colorado, and Cal. What? Why didn't we go all the way to the bottom and schedule Oregon State, Maryland, and Rutgers?

Like it or not, it appears that Greg McGarity is handing it to Stricklin just like he was handing it to his old boss Jeremy Kmart. Take a look at UGA's total sports program performance today versus 5-6 years ago. They have made massive progress while we seem to be stuck in neutral.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
I must admit that I am concerned about these future games outside the conference but not for the obvious reason.
I am concerned that the latest is even more proof that UGA is moving past us in overall status in the football world.

UGA has played a home and home with Notre Dame while we play Michigan in Jerryworld and loaded up on geography schools.
UGA has future games with schools like POSU and OU while we are happy to schedule Arizona State, Colorado, and Cal. What? Why didn't we go all the way to the bottom and schedule Oregon State, Maryland, and Rutgers?

Like it or not, it appears that Greg McGarity is handing it to Stricklin just like he was handing it to his old boss Jeremy Kmart. Take a look at UGA's total sports program performance today versus 5-6 years ago. They have made massive progress while we seem to be stuck in neutral.

I think we are hanging our hat that FSU might not be in shambles forever but who knows what's going to happen 10 years from now. Heck the SEC may go to 10 conference games by then.

Come on man there's only 9 teams ranked ahead of us...we're respected more than 100 plus other teams.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

UGA has future games with schools like POSU and OU while we are happy to schedule Arizona State, Colorado, and Cal. What? Why didn't we go all the way to the bottom and schedule Oregon State, Maryland, and Rutgers?.

Do you prefer cheddar or brie with that wine?

Seriously man: you're sitting here complaining that Florida has scheduled Miami, Texas, Colorado, Arizona State, Utah, and Cal for the next decade+?!???

All of those programs have been ranked in the top 25 at some point in the last 5 years--several in the top 10--and at least one traditional blue blood in Texas, and you could argue miami too (they might be scum, but they have multiple national titles).

Our schedule is difficult enough as-is and while I'm fine with replacing directional schools with mid-tier FBS programs that are usually in the top 25...I'm not going to biiiitch to high heaven when we don't open with Clemson, Ohio State, and the New England Patriots in consecutive weeks.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We pantsed pOSU for a national title in football AND basketball. I’m good with that.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you prefer cheddar or brie with that wine?

Seriously man: you're sitting here complaining that Florida has scheduled Miami, Texas, Colorado, Arizona State, Utah, and Cal for the next decade+?!???

All of those programs have been ranked in the top 25 at some point in the last 5 years--several in the top 10--and at least one traditional blue blood in Texas, and you could argue miami too (they might be scum, but they have multiple national titles).

Our schedule is difficult enough as-is and while I'm fine with replacing directional schools with mid-tier FBS programs that are usually in the top 25...I'm not going to biiiitch to high heaven when we don't open with Clemson, Ohio State, and the New England Patriots in consecutive weeks.

I am sorry but I don't read any whining in my post.
What I said was that it appears that UGA is getting the first pick in these cross-conference games while we are collecting what is left. I used this as a concern for the trend overall occurring at UGA that has closed the overall athletic gap between them and us such as baseball team going to Omaha, softball team going to Ok. City, and the track team winning a national title that we should be paying attention to what is happening in Athens.

Maybe we speak different languages but sharing a competitive concern is a loooong way from whining.
If I had cried about how it is not fair or that we are doomed forever, THAT would be whining.

Just simply state that you disagree and why and save your labels for something more appropriate.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I am sorry but I don't read any whining in my post.
What I said was that it appears that UGA is getting the first pick in these cross-conference games while we are collecting what is left. I used this as a concern for the trend overall occurring at UGA that has closed the overall athletic gap between them and us such as baseball team going to Omaha, softball team going to Ok. City, and the track team winning a national title that we should be paying attention to what is happening in Athens.

Maybe we speak different languages but sharing a competitive concern is a loooong way from whining.
If I had cried about how it is not fair or that we are doomed forever, THAT would be whining.

Just simply state that you disagree and why and save your labels for something more appropriate.

Florida usually plays at least 3-4 top 25 teams every single year as-is and you're sitting here complaining that we don't play more top 5 teams and worrying if UGAy scheduling pOSU and Oklahoma means we're running permanently behind them. It's a bit ridiculous an argument when all of the teams we've scheduled are ranked most seasons and several are top 10.

Much as I'd love f$u to stay permanently in the chitter...history says they'll probably be a top 15 team at some point or another and our schedule then has what? 5?...6? top 25 teams on it? And you're STILL going to complain?

Call it agreeing to disagree...call it whining...whatever you're comfortable with; but it just seems ridiculous for you to be complaining when by any objective measurement, we've been upgrading our schedule with respectable opponents from Power 5 conferences that won't be cupcakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.