Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Okie State leapfrogs us.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n309387 said:
Zook protege Fedora has UNC quietly playing well, they tanked in the opener to SOS and haven't lost since. They have a tough road game at VT in Beamer's home finale, but they very well could be at 11-1 heading into CLT to play Clem Tech. What if they were 11-1 and beat an unbeaten Clem Tech on a neutral field?

I had not looked at the ACC standings in a while. I was surprised to see UNC at the top of their division. They just drilled Duke as well. I expect UNC to beat Clemson. We are still waiting for the Clemsoning to happen this year.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n310010 said:
I had not looked at the ACC standings in a while. I was surprised to see UNC at the top of their division. They just drilled Duke as well. I expect UNC to beat Clemson. We are still waiting for the Clemsoning to happen this year.

UNC's only loss was to South Carolina, first week of the season. How did that happen?!?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n310036 said:
UNC's only loss was to South Carolina, first week of the season. How did that happen?!?
Did you watch the game? NC owned them, but kept turning it over in the redzone. They should of won by 2-3 TD's. This is the same formula that almost cost us the Vandy game.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The circle is complete:
Nebraska beat Michigan State, who beat Oregon, who beat Washington, who beat USC, who beat Utah, who beat Cal, who beat Texas, who beat Oklahoma, who beat Tennessee, who beat Georgia, who beat South Carolina, who beat North Carolina, who beat Duke, who beat Virginia Tech, who beat Purdue, who beat ... Nebraska

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n310048 said:
Did you watch the game? NC owned them, but kept turning it over in the redzone. They should of won by 2-3 TD's. This is the same formula that almost cost us the Vandy game.

To be fair, no I didn't watch the game. So as long as we don't turn the ball over like we did against Vandy, we should be fine? Good to know :)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n310036 said:

Also some timely miscues on defense, showing their hand, then Spurrier would change the play. Most of the USCe big offensive plays were from the defense showing where they were blitzing from (with 10-20 seconds left on the play clock) and Spurrier adjusting the play before the snap.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n310271 said:
The circle is complete:
Nebraska beat Michigan State, who beat Oregon, who beat Washington, who beat USC, who beat Utah, who beat Cal, who beat Texas, who beat Oklahoma, who beat Tennessee, who beat Georgia, who beat South Carolina, who beat North Carolina, who beat Duke, who beat Virginia Tech, who beat Purdue, who beat ... Nebraska

Let's try this again...

Nebraska beat Michigan State, who beat Michigan, who beat BYU, who beat Nebraska. Three of the craziest finishes of the season.

Or how about...

Nebraska beat Michigan State, who beat Oregon, who beat Georgia State, who beat Ball State, who beat UMass, who beat FIU, who beat UCF, who beat...nobody. Ok let's backtrack. FIU beat Charlotte, who beat New Mexico State, who beat Texas State, who beat South Alabama, who beat San Diego State, who beat Fresno State, who beat UNLV, who beat Hawaii, who beat Colorado, who beat Colorado State, who beat Air Force, who beat San Jose State, who beat New Mexico, who beat Utah State, who beat Boise State, who beat Virginia, who beat Georgia Tech, who beat Florida State (haha), who beat Louisville, who beat Miami, who beat Virginia Tech, who beat NC State, who beat Wake Forest, who beat Boston College, who beat Northern Illinois, who beat Toledo, who beat Arkansas, who beat Auburn, who beat Kentucky, who beat South Carolina, who beat Vanderbilt, who beat Missouri, who beat UConn, who beat East Carolina, who beat Towson, who beat St Francis, who beat Georgetown, who beat Columbia, who beat Yale, who beat Colgate, who beat Fordham, who beat Army, who beat Eastern Michigan, who beat Wyoming, who beat Nevada, who beat UC-Davis, who beat Northern Arizona, who beat Montana State, who beat Cal Poly, who beat Idaho State, who beat North Dakota, who beat Portland State, who beat Washington State (heck yes, get me back to FBS), who beat Arizona State, who beat UCLA, who beat Cal, who beat Washington, who beat USC, who beat Utah, who beat Michigan, who beat BYU, who beat Nebraska.

Boom!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;311076 said:
Let's try this again...

Nebraska beat Michigan State, who beat Michigan, who beat BYU, who beat Nebraska. Three of the craziest finishes of the season.

Or how about...

Nebraska beat Michigan State, who beat Oregon, who beat Georgia State, who beat Ball State, who beat UMass, who beat FIU, who beat UCF, who beat...nobody. Ok let's backtrack. FIU beat Charlotte, who beat New Mexico State, who beat Texas State, who beat South Alabama, who beat San Diego State, who beat Fresno State, who beat UNLV, who beat Hawaii, who beat Colorado, who beat Colorado State, who beat Air Force, who beat San Jose State, who beat New Mexico, who beat Utah State, who beat Boise State, who beat Virginia, who beat Georgia Tech, who beat Florida State (haha), who beat Louisville, who beat Miami, who beat Virginia Tech, who beat NC State, who beat Wake Forest, who beat Boston College, who beat Northern Illinois, who beat Toledo, who beat Arkansas, who beat Auburn, who beat Kentucky, who beat South Carolina, who beat Vanderbilt, who beat Missouri, who beat UConn, who beat East Carolina, who beat Towson, who beat St Francis, who beat Georgetown, who beat Columbia, who beat Yale, who beat Colgate, who beat Fordham, who beat Army, who beat Eastern Michigan, who beat Wyoming, who beat Nevada, who beat UC-Davis, who beat Northern Arizona, who beat Montana State, who beat Cal Poly, who beat Idaho State, who beat North Dakota, who beat Portland State, who beat Washington State (heck yes, get me back to FBS), who beat Arizona State, who beat UCLA, who beat Cal, who beat Washington, who beat USC, who beat Utah, who beat Michigan, who beat BYU, who beat Nebraska.

Boom!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n310271 said:
The circle is complete:

IDK, who ?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n311076 said:
Let's try this again...

Or how about...

Boom!

Losers all.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
The rankings do not matter right now. We just need to win. Which as we know will not be easy in Atlanta w/o Will... hope the kid plays the game of his life

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
ND at 4th this week makes life more difficult for us. I think if ND continues to win the committee would not bump them out of the top 4. Now, if we happen to win out, and Clemson, the Big 10 champ and the Big 12 champ all finish undefeated, would the committee really drop ND out of the top 4 on the final poll and vote us in? My fear is no, they wouldn't, especially when they make the case of the only loss being to the #1 team, on the road, by 2 points. So with that being said, let's go Oklahoma this weekend over Baylor and let's go Oregon over Stanford. Then we hope for Stanford, BC (or less likely Wake) to beat the Irish. That would clear things up quite a bit in our favor and give us a better chance assuming we win out.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n311651 said:
ND at 4th this week makes life more difficult for us. I think if ND continues to win the committee would not bump them out of the top 4. Now, if we happen to win out, and Clemson, the Big 10 champ and the Big 12 champ all finish undefeated, would the committee really drop ND out of the top 4 on the final poll and vote us in? My fear is no, they wouldn't, especially when they make the case of the only loss being to the #1 team, on the road, by 2 points. So with that being said, let's go Oklahoma this weekend over Baylor and let's go Oregon over Stanford. Then we hope for Stanford, BC (or less likely Wake) to beat the Irish. That would clear things up quite a bit in our favor and give us a better chance assuming we win out.

Good chance it won't matter with so much ball left to play, but assuming ND and UF finish with one loss with UF knocking off Bama in the championship game odds are good we would jump them. The committee punished a team last year who didn't have a championship game dropping TCU from 3 to 6 even though they blew out their last opponent. When it comes down to 2 teams in the final poll they are going to give strong consideration to the team who won their championship. It's currently not factored in because no one has played that game yet.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
lagator;n311705 said:
The committee punished a team last year who didn't have a championship game dropping TCU from 3 to 6 even though they blew out their last opponent.

You are correct about TCU and that is also part of my concern. TCU smoked Ole Miss in the bowl game and finished #3. All the while people were fawning over the H. Frogs with many, including the media, wondering if an injustice had been done by leaving them out of the playoffs. I'm not sure the SEC gets the nod this year if a similar situation arises if we happen to be the SEC champ. If Bama is the one loss team I would agree that they will get in b/c of the Bama "love" that seems to exist. I hope I am wrong if we happen to make it that far. I hope more than that, though, that ND, Stanford and the Big 12 unbeaten teams all get another loss hung on them before the regular season ends.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Ask and ye shall receive. Now, if we could be assured that Notre Dame was going to lose one more game in the regular season, then the best case scenario for us would be for Clemson, OK State and the Big Ten champ (either Iowa or OSU, although OSU may get beat by Mich. State in the next minute) to all finish unbeaten and have us run the table. If that happens, we are in. Having the above mentioned teams finish unbeaten makes the committee's job easier as there would be no other one loss teams that would really have a better resume than us. If there are 5 or 6 one loss teams (I.e.- OK, OK State, Mich State, Iowa, ND, us, etc) vying for the last spot or two then things could get really messy. While we can't be certain if ND will lose, we really want TCU to knock off Oklahoma and have Oklahoma take out OK State next week.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Thank you TCU for taking care of Baylor. Now, let's go Stanford and OK State. It would also be nice to see Penn State pull an upset of Michigan State but ND and Oklahoma losing are really more key for us. Depending on how this weekend shakes, it may turn out that an unbeaten Iowa winning the Big 10 would be in our best interests as that would mean either Michigan State, OSU or Michigan would join the 2 loss (3 losses in Michigan's case) club and we want as few one loss teams as possible fighting for the last one or two spots in the playoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator