Unofficial (Football) Scholarship Breakdown: One under the limit

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Unofficial Scholarship Breakdown: One under the limit

From rivals, but the chart really brings things into focus. Only 9 scholarship seniors (one was a walk on that earned a scholly). WM left Mac a decent (current) JR class. You can see the OL + DL ramping up over each year. LB and DB show the whiff last year and our freshman class loaded up as a wave following the current JR classes.

Big takeaway is that even with some more attrition (JR's that declare, a few kicked out, etc) it is still shaping up for next year to be a small class with limited spots available.

Attachments

• 2017Scholarships.jpg
    2017Scholarships.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 80

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Unofficial Scholarship Breakdown: One under the limit

From rivals, but the chart really brings things into focus. Only 9 scholarship seniors (one was a walk on that earned a scholly). WM left Mac a decent (current) JR class. You can see the OL + DL ramping up over each year. LB and DB show the whiff last year and our freshman class loaded up as a wave following the current JR classes.

Big takeaway is that even with some more attrition (JR's that declare, a few kicked out, etc) it is still shaping up for next year to be a small class with limited spots available.

Hope Mac is building a seeworthy destroyer. Maybe it gets christened this season ?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
9 seniors is pretty brutal. Looks like next year we will only have 12 or so. Maybe less depending
on early exits/transfers.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
9 seniors is pretty brutal. Looks like next year we will only have 12 or so. Maybe less depending
on early exits/transfers.

:britney:

We have 23 JRs on this year's roster. How do you figure only 12 or so SRs next year?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:britney:

We have 23 JRs on this year's roster. How do you figure only 12 or so SRs next year?

I figure we'll have a couple transfers (Maybe Treon and Alvin Bailey) and a couple early entrants.
Tabor for sure and Brantley too is likely. Maybe a little more than 12 on second thought. Hopefully QW doesn't bolt early.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like it better if they broke up DT and DE. Piniero's a sophomore?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Urbs was here, we could always count on losing a couple of backups to arrests...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good breakdown (the chart).

There are 9 seniors on scholarship + 3 other walk-on's on scholarship (meaning they won't be on scholarship if we sign a full class) + Tabor + Brantley (early NFL departures) + 1 under the 85 limit = 15

My guess is we lose at a minimum 3 transfers (Treon Harris being a leading candidate...and he may not be back this year/season)...which will likely be more (arrests, career ending injury, etc).

Class of at least 18-20, which is what most have predicted.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
There are 9 seniors on scholarship + 3 other walk-on's on scholarship (meaning they won't be on scholarship if we sign a full class) + Tabor + Brantley (early NFL departures) + 1 under the 85 limit = 15

Class of at least 18-20, which is what most have predicted.

Better math than my brain could apply. My fear is that a small class, based on available scholarships, would lead to a lower ranked class and more bemoaning by the dark-cloud-pumpers about a small class, or one that wasn't filling all our areas of needs (because of limited spots, duh). But if we can get to the 18-ish range, which I think your logic bears out, we can still land a top class that fills needs and makes things better. Some people will never be satisfied, but my fears of Mac getting a bad rap on recruiting, or being handcuffed by limited space, seems less likely following your statement. He should have the capacity to make a statement and upgrade the team again.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This needs to be a defensive heavy class or we could find ourselves in the same situation as with WM...except on the other side of the ball.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We discussed this pretty close after NSD, when they released a chart then. Still good to see an updated chart to refresh our memories.

Some possible transfers could be T. Harris, Sousa, Bailey, Harkless, Mike, Reed, Holley, and Rolin. Add in Brantley and Tabor as leaving early. You'll likely get 3 or 4 surprise transfers. Now the players I mentioned aren't locks to transfer, but they are all good possibilities. Holley may end up becoming a medical hardship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.