Unveiling of Steve Spurrier Way in Gainesville

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hate seeing Spurrier age - I still see him as that young 40-something badass walking our sidelines in the 90's (in my mind).

1676141698671.png

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
North-South Drive should be renamed Steve Spurrier Way!
When we lived in Gatorwood, on my way home from campus, I'd stop my bike at the top of the hill on North-South Drive facing Museum so I could time the light and hit the bottom of the hill at max speed heading toward Archer Road. One time, I jumped on the pedals and was going like hell down hill and some ass clown was jogging in the bike lane and I yelled "get the fuk outta the bike lane!!!! Steve yelled, "Sorry!"

Also, agreed that it's sad seeing him age... FFS, his hand holding the microphone looks like Chubbs Peterson's fake wooden hand!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That would make a lot more sense…. But I guess Mr. North & Mr South donated a whole lot of money.

Actually, they already changed the name, but I’m guessing it’s either a booster or former president who is less worthy. They should simply explain to the individual or family that, “Sorry, we’ve been incredibly stupid for the last 2 decades. We should’ve renamed this road in Feb of 2002.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It shouldn't take much convincing to replace Gale Lemerand Drive with Steve Spurrier Way. I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out what Lemerand did to deserve the notoriety and all I could come up with was one so-so restaurant and a sanitary door system.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It shouldn't take much convincing to replace Gale Lemerand Drive with Steve Spurrier Way. I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out what Lemerand did to deserve the notoriety and all I could come up with was one so-so restaurant and a sanitary door system.
“North South Drive, the road that runs alongside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, was renamed Gale Lemerand Drive a year ago to honor the man who had donated millions to the University Athletic Association and the university.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“North South Drive, the road that runs alongside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, was renamed Gale Lemerand Drive a year ago to honor the man who had donated millions to the University Athletic Association and the university.”

That's from a Gainesville Sun story of 17 years ago about renaming Museum Road after Jo Noah.

"We're sick and tired of every building and road on the campus of the University of Florida being named for a dead or former member of the faculty or alumni community," said Zach Huddleston, the show's host.

Joakim Noah is the perfect choice, Huddleston argues, because his name will look great above stop signs and he is the face of Florida basketball. He added that Noah's signature passion, height and hair make him a great candidate.

"In the world of Afros, his is up there - literally." :lol:

As for Gale Lemerand, very generous, sir, but you already have all this named after you.

5c75e1e2cde7235d5bd37b4a7dd40dff.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator