Update: Under Armour Commits and Targets

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Well, we have several 2 star coaches on the staff. We felt compelled to go cheap because of sagging profits, an empty Swamp, and some high profile misses on our top targets.

I expect some of those to move on soon and be replaced with experience coaches who can also recruit.
I think your being sarcastic as well but I can only hope that some of our coaches get replaced mainly our OC.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think your being sarcastic as well but I can only hope that some of our coaches get replaced mainly our OC.

Yea, he did a terrible job this year with getting receivers open and such...with an oline and a QB we would possibly be playing for it all...

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you're being sarcastic but I agree with you're statement, after doing a little research last night this is what I came up with, Urban's transition year he had an player ranking of 88.64 in his 1st full year of recruiting he had a 90.10. In Muschamp's transition year he averaged 90.62 he followed that up with a 91.50 in his 1st full cycle. Now let's get to Mac in his transition year he managed to pull the lowest score in 13 years by bringing in a 87.23 and I understand things were in a different state when he took over than when Muschamp took over so I gave him a pass, until his 1st full cycle came around and his average is 87.97 which is the 2 lowest scores since 2002. I'm just not sure he can recruit against the big boys of the SEC for elite talent.
No matter what the class ranks, it's the production that counts. The 2015 class has produced more than any in a long time, especially on the LOS.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think you're being sarcastic but I agree with you're statement, after doing a little research last night this is what I came up with, Urban's transition year he had an player ranking of 88.64 in his 1st full year of recruiting he had a 90.10. In Muschamp's transition year he averaged 90.62 he followed that up with a 91.50 in his 1st full cycle. Now let's get to Mac in his transition year he managed to pull the lowest score in 13 years by bringing in a 87.23 and I understand things were in a different state when he took over than when Muschamp took over so I gave him a pass, until his 1st full cycle came around and his average is 87.97 which is the 2 lowest scores since 2002. I'm just not sure he can recruit against the big boys of the SEC for elite talent.

Statistics without context are meaningless.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Good points, but...

1. Doesn't mean recruits don't lurk here.

2. Considering the culture created here and anywhere else on cyberspace that allows a certain degree of anonymity or distance (inflammatory comments that would never be said to someone's face), I'd say message boards could contribute.

However, you're probably right that Twitter is the primary culprit.

BTW - recruits should care what I think because I'm the smartest man alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen to that. I've seen these guys on campus when i was at UF during the Urban years, and I can dang sure guarantee that 99.9% of people wouldn't say shiite to their faces! Social Media is obnoxious, entertaining, empowering, and sad all at the same time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Amen to that. I've seen these guys on campus when i was at UF during the Urban years, and I can dang sure guarantee that 99.9% of people wouldn't say shiite to their faces! Social Media is obnoxious, entertaining, empowering, and sad all at the same time.
I would make the same guarantee about 99.9% of the student body when the comments are about a 110 lb girl or 15 yr old with down syndrome. It's not really the point...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Evidently they boys continue to impress

Chauncey Gardner II

The recipient of several Guarantano throws was wide receiver Josh Hammond, who had his best day of the week on Thursday. At just 6-foot and 180 pounds, Hammond is surprisingly effective on deep routes, high-pointing the football and making spectacular grabs over defensive backs. His performance in one-on-ones ranked among the best wide receivers for the day. Cornerback Chauncey Gardner II showed an outstanding break on the football during one-on-ones. Defensive end Antonneous Clayton was solid on Thursday, but not as dominant has he had been earlier in the week.

https://n.rivals.com/news/lsu-leads-thursday-s-top-performers-at-ua-practices

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So how did our commits do? Did we get any new commits?

Clayton was unstoppable. Made the #1 LT look silly.

There was nobody committing today that was on our radar.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I remember the days when we would get 1 or 2 commits during the all-star games. :weep:

Let me guess, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and Clemson got verbals during the game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember the days when we would get 1 or 2 commits during the all-star games. :weep:

Let me guess, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and Clemson got verbals during the game.

I'm not sure. But there wasn't anybody who really stood out that I saw who was committing today. There are normally a couple big time players committing at this game but not the case this year.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Guard Terrance Davis, who is rated as a 4-star prospect, kicked off the commitment extravaganza by choosing to stay close to home at the University of Maryland.

Running back Devwah Whaley, the fourth-ranked player at his position and a 4-star prospect, gave the Arkansas Razorbacks' recruiting class a boost.

Not to be outdone by an SEC opponent, the LSU Tigers got their own major commitment Saturday, with wide receiver Drake Davis announcing it on the ESPN broadcast, per Shea Dixon of 247Sports

Another coach who's endured his share of criticism is Charlie Strong at Texas, but he got a big commitment, literally and figuratively. The Longhorns are still building their recruiting class for next season, currentlyranked 34th overall, but Strong's impact is starting to be felt, with talent like Delance giving him a foundation-type player on the offensive line.

One team that seems unable to do anything wrong at this point is Clemson, which is getting ready to play for a national title on Jan. 11. The Tigers were able to score an early win for next season, with 4-star linebacker Rahshaun Smith giving a verbal pledge to the program during the game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad that we're really pushing on Fulton. It looks like he is just trying to get his family down to Gainesville for his visit.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac had to throw together a staff and recruit. Can't have it all...work in progress

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Most of our targets are playing in the Army game though. Next week might be telling unless our targets are all NSD guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.