Urban Meyer's coffee table

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Poor choice of wording there, and she’s likely unemployed now. But I imagine the whole thing was interesting to her. This was only the second one of these spotlights she’d done, the previous one being Jeff Fisher’s most recent “home”. I don’t have to tell you, when you go from seeing cartons of 305s stacked in a corner next to one of those white plastic chairs, to now seeing this type of luxury, it takes you back.

Sorry if I didn't give the quote from the article enough context; it was actually Shelley Meyer who said, "I thought you might find that interesting," not the interviewer.

Now can we get back to the topic of the thread please?? We're supposed to be discussing the coffee table. More from the article, with edits for enhanced accuracy:

When you first walk in the front door, you notice a huge, round table with rows and rows of family pictures, perfectly in lines. You might think a designer an insane person did all the decorating, but no and yes.

Shelley says, "The designer's
insane person's name is Urban Meyer."

She says he placed every single picture in its place on tables and the walls in the house. And in his new home office, he chose the spots for all of his championship footballs.

jacksonville-jaguars-to-fire-urban-meyer-16649898-750x422.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sorry if I didn't give the quote from the article enough context; it was actually Shelley Meyer who said, "I thought you might find that interesting," not the interviewer.

Now can we get back to the topic of the thread please?? We're supposed to be discussing the coffee table. More from the article, with edits for enhanced accuracy:

When you first walk in the front door, you notice a huge, round table with rows and rows of family pictures, perfectly in lines. You might think a designer an insane person did all the decorating, but no and yes.

Shelley says, "The designer's
insane person's name is Urban Meyer."

She says he placed every single picture in its place on tables and the walls in the house. And in his new home office, he chose the spots for all of his championship footballs.

jacksonville-jaguars-to-fire-urban-meyer-16649898-750x422.jpg

Does that surprise you at all. I feel like I’m the most OCD, structured person on the planet, and Meyer still weirds me out. It’s what makes him great.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Does that surprise you at all. I feel like I’m the most OCD, structured person on the planet, and Meyer still weirds me out. It’s what makes him great.
No, seeing UM's OCD literally displayed on his living room coffee table does not surprise me. However I was taken aback by the lengths that he and his wife went to just to gaslight us here on GatorChatter:

Outside in their pool, Shelley has enormous pink flamingos floating. She says her friends who follow her on Twitter know she's crazy about flamingos. "They're fun," she says. "Do you know what a group of flamingos is called?" she asks.

Turns out it's not a flock. It's a flamboyance. A bit of trivia to make you smile.

E_e5JtwWEAUOyQU

giphy.gif

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Poor choice of wording there, and she’s likely unemployed now. But I imagine the whole thing was interesting to her. This was only the second one of these spotlights she’d done, the previous one being Jeff Fisher’s most recent “home”. I don’t have to tell you, when you go from seeing cartons of 305s stacked in a corner next to one of those white plastic chairs, to now seeing this type of luxury, it takes you back.

Where in the world did you find this picture? :lol:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't feel the need to make light of Urbs!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Creyer looks ill after a loss.

SOS was always FUCHSING PISSED.

I really miss that.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
It has 27 framed photographs on it that he placed there himself.

The coffee table is rendered useless and most of the photos can't be seen anyway because they are blocked by the ones in front of them.

Discuss.

I don't know about you folks, but I think it's just a little odd to have a picture of yourself eating pizza right out there on your coffee table.
upload_2021-9-19_19-30-30.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about you folks, but I think it's just a little odd to have a picture of yourself eating pizza right out there on your coffee table.
he does love Papa Johns.

76147cca8bd725.jpg

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Shelley was likely servicing one of the Pouncey twins and Urbs got stuck with the decorating.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda Clinton-like in that all the people who took those photos are dead now.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator