Urbs vs. Harbaugh - And So It Begins

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n174325 said:
I wouldn't consider a Rose Bowl, five playoff victories, and a NFC championship "dick." To each his own. The guy who had that top-notch defense before him certainly didn't win "dick." So as great as that defense may have been, it took Harbaugh to get the team winning. My entry into this thread per my first post wasn't about Harbaugh being a better head coach than Meyer. I was pointing out that it's unfair to not consider Harbaugh's entire resume, which is impressive. Before he got to San Francisco, there wasn't much happening. After he has left Stanford, not much has been happening. He's proven he's a great coach. He doesn't need to ever prove he's better than Meyer. He just has to worry about getting Michigan ready to play against Meyer in the present.

Stanford has been pretty good since he left , a couple of bsc bowls under Shaw but that's a little bit irrelevant to the argument. Nobody is saying he's not a great coach but his resume at the college level is no where near Meyer's and that's where they are at . Nfl success doesn't always equal college success that's why I'm not as I'm not in awe over him like some of you guys. College football is different than the nfl. What harbaugh did in college was impressive but it's not on par with what Meyer has done. Nobody's saying hes needs to prove anything we're just saying it sounds ridiculous you guys want to put the guy on par with saban and Meyer.

Dec 10, 2014
t-gator;n174337 said:
Stanford has been pretty good since he left , a couple of bsc bowls under Shaw but that's a little bit irrelevant to the argument. Nobody is saying he's not a great coach but his resume at the college level is no where near Meyer's and that's where they are at . Nfl success doesn't always equal college success that's why I'm not as I'm not in awe over him like some of you guys. College football is different than the nfl. What harbaugh did in college was impressive but it's not on par with what Meyer has done. Nobody's saying hes needs to prove anything we're just saying it sounds ridiculous you guys want to put the guy on par with saban and Meyer.

Don't put that label on me. I am not saying that at all. Nobody in college football is on par with Saban or Meyer. If there are two guys who have a chance, I think they are Harbaugh and Coach Mac. I mean that too.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n174299 said:
But he hasn't won dick.

1381.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n174192 said:
He did pretty well in San Francisco with a mediocre qb. At this point, Harbaugh is no Meyer in college football success. But Meyer hasn't been to any Super Bowls.
Don't waste your time trying to convince some on here that a "good coaching job" doesn't always equate to a NC.....Some on here think that if they don't say anything bad about Meyer and continually swing from his sack that he will come back.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Meyer will stay at OSU until he loses to Harbaugh twice. Probably in Harbaugh's 3rd year. At that point he will quit......and then unquit.......and then promise "to recruit some tough ass players and build it up again".......and then quit.
BTW Meyer will never win in the NFL. His system will get crushed when he doesn't have a huge talent advantage 95% of the time.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Meyer is best where he's at - in college. He's one of the best recruiters in the game. He has a unique ability to relate to 18 yr olds - not so much to pro athletes as they'll see through it. That would take away his best trait and there are more than several NFL coaches at least as good as him in game prep.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NFL HC offers come from lousy teams. So, for the first time Urbs will start with a disadvantaged team and he's never
faced that. Also, it will be the nervous NFL … although he'll feel a little at home with the thuggery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator