USA today/Coaches #14

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not bad considering Ole Miss's debacle. We just need to beat Georgia.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So much for my dozen...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said 12-15. 14 is about right imo. Without Grier we aren't really a top 10 team. Treon is a talented QB, but he's just too short to see the plays developing over the O-Line and he gets over-excited when the game is on the line late. He works his magic best when he rolls out of the pocket. Teams will scheme to keep him in the pocket to limit our passing game unless they're just stupid. We could easily still win the rest of the games on our schedule and play in a decent bowl game this year. 1 loss isn't the end of the season. Our O-Line has improved, but they're still a long ways from being good enough to get us to the play-offs. Run blocking is still very weak.

All you people calling out Taylor as our problem in the run game really make me laugh. 4Net couldn't do much when our D-Line got penetration and hit him behind the line. At least Taylor usually makes 1 or 2 miss so he can get back to the line of scrimmage most of the time. You all need to go back and pay closer attention. Just what do you expect out of him when nearly every run play he's met in the backfield by 2-3 defensive players as soon as he gets the ball? Get real...

By the way, running on 2nd down 90% of the time doesn't help matters either. Nuss needs to get more creative on 2nd down.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n299583 said:
I said 12-15. 14 is about right imo. Without Grier we aren't really a top 10 team. Treon is a talented QB, but he's just too short to see the plays developing over the O-Line and he gets over-excited when the game is on the line late. He works his magic best when he rolls out of the pocket. Teams will scheme to keep him in the pocket to limit our passing game unless they're just stupid. We could easily still win the rest of the games on our schedule and play in a decent bowl game this year. 1 loss isn't the end of the season. Our O-Line has improved, but they're still a long ways from being good enough to get us to the play-offs. Run blocking is still very weak.

All you people calling out Taylor as our problem in the run game really make me laugh. 4Net couldn't do much when our D-Line got penetration and hit him behind the line. At least Taylor usually makes 1 or 2 miss so he can get back to the line of scrimmage most of the time. You all need to go back and pay closer attention. Just what do you expect out of him when nearly every run play he's met in the backfield by 2-3 defensive players as soon as he gets the ball? Get real...

By the way, running on 2nd down 90% of the time doesn't help matters either. Nuss needs to get more creative on 2nd down.

Yep no push with that young O line at all against that talented LSU D line or much push at any time this season in reality. Our line is just too young and not strong enough right now going against SEC D lines..

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
At this point, it is still in our hands, so I'm not too worried. It is a tall order, but if we win out and beat likely LSU or Bama in the SEC championship, we have a good shot at the playoff. Frankly, I don't think we are that good (as in top 4) right now, especially without Grier, but it isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
We are still in the drivers seat to get to Atlanta. That would be a big boost to recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator