USA Today - Gators are the 8th best team in the SEC

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama remains the team to beat in the SEC

2. Georgia
Georgia should cruise to an East Division title without breaking much of a sweat, which speaks to the Bulldogs’ talent level and says a little something about the competition they’ll face in division play. There are a few big names to replace: Nick Chubb and Sony Michel at running back and Roquan Smith at linebacker, to name three. But this remains an elite team with designs on making a return trip to the College Football Playoff.

5. South Carolina
Like Mississippi State, the Gamecocks are a threat to win nine games and earn a national ranking. On paper, however, South Carolina lags behind Georgia in the East Division. This could still end up being a very good team. Everyone is high on quarterback Jake Bentley, who seems ready to take the next step, and the healthy return of receiver Deebo Samuel will beef up the Gamecocks’ offense and return game. And who knows? Maybe USC knocks off Georgia at home on Sept. 8 and rides that tiebreaker to a division title. It’s not a ridiculous scenario.

8. Florida
It’s too easy to forget amid last year’s disaster that Florida’ 2017 collapse came on the heels of back-to-back East Division championships. In other words, Dan Mullen isn’t taking on some grand rebuilding project — even if it’ll take some time for the new staff to catch up with the rival Bulldogs. UF won’t be a national factor in 2018 nor even more than just a thorn in the side of the SEC’s best, but this is a clear bowl team with a ceiling as high as second place in the East.

10. Tennessee
I’m higher on Florida than I am on Tennessee, largely due to the idea that the Volunteers’ reclamation project will demand a little more elbow grease than the task ahead for Mullen and his staff. Predicting which program will be in better shape in five years is an interesting barroom question — though not relevant when it comes to 2018. There’s no reason as of yet to wonder about Jeremy Pruitt, who at least represents a drastic change, but I don’t think it’s fair to shoulder his debut season with expectations beyond making a bowl game and playing better football in November than September
-----------------------

I actually agree with most of that except SC being that high. They should be in the 7 to 9 range like we are.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzu is going to beat a lot of teams by 30-40 points this year. I hope we arent one of them.

From 4-12 there is very little difference. Mehh coaches and mehh teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.