UT Recruits jumping ship

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
According to bleacher report ut has had 3 recruits jump ship in approximately 24 hrs.

DT - Brandon Gaddy Virginia Beach, VA. Twin Brothers who will play together in college.
DT - Breyon Gaddy Virginia Beach, VA.
ATH - C.J. Cotman Clearwater, FL.

Do we have a chance w' any of these kids?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
According to bleacher report ut has had 3 recruits jump ship in approximately 24 hrs.

DT - Brandon Gaddy Virginia Beach, VA. Twin Brothers who will play together in college.

... have them bring their brick ?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We need to be on the phone for the DTs. I'll take the Florida guy as well.

Sep 29, 2015

Breyon Gaddy 6'5" 330 DT - sell them as the Pouncey's of Defense?!? Mac Collins and Rumph should be in the living room yesterday.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
If they can qualify academically....there were already issues getting them in the door at UT

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think we offered those two DT's in Virginia Beach (I actually went to one of their games this year)...but so did 99 other schools.

Honestly, DT is the one position that we KNOW a true freshman will play next year if they are actually ready. We literally have only 2 DTs returning that are "real" SEC DTs (Clark and Bryan). Riles likely moves over there, giving us three 300lb DTs. But other than that you have 270lb Polite and 260lb CeCe. That's it. So, "selling" playing time is real for us at DT.

IMO, Jones has been a similar recruiter as McElwain since he's been there. This class (his 2017 class) is lower ranked than his previous classes. And he's been there 4 years....and just went 8-4 (should have been 7-5 but for the miracle hail mary at UGA). I think this is what we are looking at w/ McElwain. We'll be an 8-4 type program while he's here. We may have a 9-3, but there's a 7-5 (or worse) on the horizon.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I was hoping you would chime in brother! What you know about these kids???
They are to damn good to go to Tennessee :lol: and like the rest they're looking for more than we are willing to offer. If we land any of them it will surprise me!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thanks, appreciate the good work!
Appreciate it...wish I had something positive to relay instead of us likely missing on them. Things might change before signing day (I pray they do anyways) but at the moment we aren't in the conversation with hardly anyone that's considered top-tier talent. Smh!!! #ChompChomp

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Appreciate it...wish I had something positive to relay instead of us likely missing on them. Things might change before signing day (I pray they do anyways) but at the moment we aren't in the conversation with hardly anyone that's considered top-tier talent. Smh!!! #ChompChomp

Agree. This is why this joke of a coaching staff needs to spend some time finding legitimate Plan B players. Especially at DT.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Considering recent events in Gatlinburg, I think it's safe to say they lost containment on the dumpster fire in Knoxville....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hopefully the Gaddys don't enjoy shooting people in the face.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.