Utah Prediction Thread

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Finally, it’s game week…I’ve seen quite a few predictions in the game thread and figured it was time to fire up the official prediction thread for this season opener.

I don’t think the weather will be as much of a factor as others think. I do, however, think that the crowd noise will be a huge factor in this game, so it’s important to get off to a fast start on both sides of the ball.

I expect Florida to carry a 10 point lead into the half and never look back.

Gators 34
Utes 20

:chomp: :chomp: :chomp:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Utah - 31
Gators - 27

Embarrassed Shame GIF

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Having ignored the official Utah-UF thread up to this point, shown complete disregard for any betting lines or talking head input, and having totally foresaken any attempt on my own part to do research, I've come to the following conclusions over lunch.

First, the air conditioning is too damn cold, which leads me to predict a sweatshirt (in AUGUST mind you) in my near future. Additionally, I predict even the Lord himself is in dire need of some NCAAF and will ensure there are no 'game called by lightening' after only the first play - he wants to see this one out. No major injuries for either side, but typical UF Fan malaise will keep the student side less than fully populated while the alumni side quietly sips their bourbon & cokes.

On the field, both teams are eager to play, to win, to get this damn season under way. Both come out fighting fiercely on defense. Utah makes a couple of decent drives stringing together a good combination of plays to keep our new-ish defense off balance, but we hold them to 3pts in the first half. Our offense gets lucky on a broken play (pure athleticism on our part, a little bit o' underclassmen mistakes on theirs), and we score a TD on a run that should have been stopped at the 40. Passing is decent, but inconsistent for AR. Halftime, 7-3.

Utah's coach spends halftime reminding them they are highly ranked, favored, and ought to win if they play their game. Stay focused, execute. CBN on the other hand tells our players ranking doesn't matter, that this is our home and we need to show the world the Swamp is a dangerous place to visit once again. This is your pride, your manhood at stake, so go out there and knock the snot out of those Utes and the score will take care of itself.

Second half we hold them outside the 20 until our scrubs get in late in the 4th and the Utes manage a TD against the backups for the backups. Our offense however settles into a run dominant play selection between AR and the RBs to open the 2nd half - pound them left, pound them right, pound them up the middle. Ball control, no mistakes, just mano-a-mano and our athelticism gets us 10pts in the 3rd. By the 4th, we've drawn their defense in and turned AR loose with his cannon and WR/TE are streaking all over the middle and deep zones. Pulling away in the 4th with an aerial attack to build up the lead for said scrubs to get in. Utes never drop down to scrub level until the final 3min when they throw in the towel and get some guys experience.

Final score UF 38 - Utah 10

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
48-24 Gators. Utah gets some garbage points late to try and save face, but by then everyone else is put on notice that the Gators are back.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
UF 23 - Utes 10

Defense Degranthamized.

Very conservative play calling on offense.

Fans hair-fire (2).gif because of 65/35 run/pass ratio.

If you follow me.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this prediction turns out like your recruiting predictions. Can you do us all a favor and add “Utah lock” to your post above. That would be great. Thanks.
If I were a betting man, Utah making the playoffs would be my play. Im as jaded as anyone for our boys but they have a legit team and were trying to patch the holes left by the last 2 asshats.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We have way more talent than Uta. It's embarrassing how much more talent. Yeah, maybe we haven't been recruiting like 'bama and Jawja but we've been blowing everyone else away.
50-7 on way to a 10 win season.

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
28-24 for the good guys. Their offensive experience keeps our D off balance, even though we outman them on the line by a ton, literally. Too much athleticism on our side though, and the noise ,the humidity, and our pounding on their lightweight lines catches up with them.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I think we win.

I applaud any of you with a score but I have zero feel for this team. Everything I've seen is impressive so I think we'll win easily and by more than 10 points.

But on the other hand, AR15 is glass and could go d...(never mind, I won't put that out there) but a 2nd string QB wouldn't be pretty. It would make us one dimensional and yet I have a bunch of reasons to think our run-game will be very effective in this horrible scenario, thereby eking out a narrow victory.

Having said all that to say this...

Gators 31 - Utes 17

:chomp:

Gator Bait!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see this as a super high scoring game because both teams want to establish the running game and a lot of clock will be used up. I think our offense will do well against their D. We are bigger and faster than their defense, and game-prep against our O for their D is very difficult.

I do think they have a good offense that will give our D some fits. Their offense is more experienced with pretty good QB, RB, and TE. I think they will have some success moving the ball, but I also think the crowd noise will be a huge factor, and that our defense this year will be better than every defense they played last year. The new defensive scheme and better coaching will be significantly noticeable for the Gator D, and there is a lot more film on Utah and what they want to do.

Gators 34
Utes 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator