Utah scheduled for 2022 and 2023

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agree totally. You control 4 OOC games a year and that is how I judge the schedule. Your conference games are mandated and I hate the argument that since we are in the SEC we don;t need to schedule tough OOC, Bull shyt. I would rather see us schedule this and lose than have Montana State Valley School for Sheepherding and Buffalo Bangin come in for a mercy beating.

The reality is, you can technically have both. Those mercy killings do have their place. I don't mind the idea of a mid-level(currently) P5 team in addition to a few cupcakes. What I don't like is opening with one. Week 2 or 3 should be the slot for those contests. Get the rust off, get some reps for new players/Sr-walk-on types, and then let the season begin.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
SLS is a neat town the plane ride sucks though. I wonder if tailgating is even legal there? Weird drinking laws in Utah...

the curtain thing is beyond weird

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is the kind of OOC match ups I love. Winnable games that can give us a good look and possibly a primetime match up. Bamas been scheduling these for years. I love it.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
What are the odds 2026/2027 ends up being a series with USC?

My guess is a Big Ten opponent is more likely, but a trip to the LA Coliseum would be great.
No on any big 10 team, we see those guys all the freaking time in bowl games, I'd want someone like ND or maybe an ACC team like UNC or VT.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
USCw probably still remembers what Wilbur Marshall did to them and don't want any more. Washington would be cool if in the near future as my Son is stationed up there. Beautiful scenery but wacky assed people.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They're giving up 2 byu games to play us

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Get your request in early. I missed all the good Colorado ones because you have to submit in February and I didn’t even know I was coming here for sure until March.
Can't remember if it was pronghorns or muleys, or maybe both, but there's a zone north of Laramie and Cheyenne that usually has leftover tags they sell over-the-counter if you find yourself in that position again. Or just want to add a last minute hunt.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Can't remember if it was pronghorns or muleys, or maybe both, but there's a zone north of Laramie and Cheyenne that usually has leftover tags they sell over-the-counter if you find yourself in that position again. Or just want to add a last minute hunt.
Cool - thanks for the advice. Might need to check that out if they’re still in season.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Utah...that’s a decent game that I can get into. Let’s hope their program doesn’t crap the bed and turn into a Montana State for Sheepherding and Buffalo Boffing, or whatever FireFoley called it. Let’s hope we don’t turn into that, either. :lol:

On a related note, I’m glad we’re playing Texas but I wish it wasn’t so far in the future. I’ve been wanting to see us whip them for years. I’m also hoping we do get a home/home or neutral game with Southern Cal. Notre Dame would be a really cool game. Imagine playing them in Orlando (although the seating capacity might be too small) or at Jerry World. Home and home with them wouldn’t be too shabby either so long as we don’t have to wait until the 2030’s to make it happen.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Oh, regarding Southern Cal and Notre Dame, forgot to mention the best part. If we hurry up and get both of them on the schedule with So. Cal first and put a one year break in between playing the 2 schools, we might be fortunate enough to play each team when they’re being coached by Urban Meyer. :lol:

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, regarding Southern Cal and Notre Dame, forgot to mention the best part. If we hurry up and get both of them on the schedule with So. Cal first and put a one year break in between playing the 2 schools, we might be fortunate enough to play each team when they’re being coached by Urban Meyer. :lol:
He might be in and out before we get him! His shelf life is pretty short.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
That makes me wonder if scheduling a home and home with another P5 opponent saves us money in the long run because we aren't paying some directional or FCS school 7 figures to come get their asses kicked. It'll keep more butts in the seats, too, as opposed to having 1/4 of the seats empty for the sacrificial lamb games. If that's the case, there might not be a need to move the Cocktail Party.

The cocktail party pays like or better than a home game. THE reason to keep it in Jax is pure $$$.

UtahG8r

Nov 8, 2017
SLS is a neat town the plane ride sucks though. I wonder if tailgating is even legal there? Weird drinking laws in Utah...

Tailgating is not only legal here but pretty good, but if we get enough Gators to make the trip we can certainly teach them a thing or two. The weird drinking laws are largely gone. Plenty of drinking here in SLC. It's better than the dry counties that pepper lots of the South.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator