Vandy hires new basketball coach

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy got their coach. Curious to see how many people are mad we didn't hire him...

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/R...tball-to-hire-Valparaisos-Bryce-Drew-44630998

Vanderbilt men's basketball has found its next coach, a name synonymous with NCAA Tournament heroics, according to Sports Illustrated's Pete Thamel.

Bryce Drew, who's led Valparaiso to the Big Dance twice in five seasons, is expected to be introduced as the Commodores' new coach within the next "24-48 hours" per SI's report. He replaces Kevin Stallings, who bolted for Pittsburgh last month.

Drew's mostly known for sinking fourth-seeded Ole Miss in the first round of the 1998 NCAA Tournament with a buzzer-beating three, one of the more iconic shots in March Madness history. He was a two-time Mid-Continent Conference Player of the Year at point guard for Valparaiso before playing six seasons in the NBA.

Drew's brother, Scott, is the head coach at Baylor.

Stallings wore out his welcome at Vandy after 17 seasons, the last four underwhelming without an NCAA Tournament win.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guy has far too many NCAA Tourney appearances for Fooley to have given him a look.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Guy has far too many NCAA Tourney appearances for Fooley to have given him a look.

Stallings had 17 yrs at Vandy. Any bets Foley has him on the short list to replace White if things don't work out, all the while thinking to himself "no matter how many raises and extensions I give him, I won't catch flak for it because if he's here for 17 yrs we'll be winning by then!"

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My immediate thought was...wow, great hire.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Great hire for Vandy. Very impressive. He left his alma mater.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly didn't think he would leave for a job like Vandy. But a very solid hire imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator