Ventrell Miller is a tough SOB

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I listened to an interview with Austin Barber the other day. He was saying the best thing about the team right now is that everybody that’s there wants to be there and it’s being reflected in effort and work this off-season.

He said there were for sure people on the team who were not happy last year. And all those people are gone now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I listened to an interview with Austin Barber the other day. He was saying the best thing about the team right now is that everybody that’s there wants to be there and it’s being reflected in effort and work this off-season.

He said there were for sure people on the team who were not happy last year. And all those people are gone now.

I was just telling a friend of mine the exact same thing. I think several players stuck around through last year in part because they were allowed(wisely by Napier) and in part because they weren’t sure what to expect. The difference between someone like Borders and Wingo is that Wingo clearly bought in 100%, while Borders did not. So regardless of who recruited them and where they came from, this is very much Napier’s team just because of that. At every position you’ll have someone who either committed to BN(portal or initially) or bought in. There won’t be any detractors at this point and that will help continuity.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I was just telling a friend of mine the exact same thing. I think several players stuck around through last year in part because they were allowed(wisely by Napier) and in part because they weren’t sure what to expect. The difference between someone like Borders and Wingo is that Wingo clearly bought in 100%, while Borders did not. So regardless of who recruited them and where they came from, this is very much Napier’s team just because of that. At every position you’ll have someone who either committed to BN(portal or initially) or bought in. There won’t be any detractors at this point and that will help continuity.
The value of this can't be overstated. The "want to be here" attitude is going to show up in every aspect of the game at every position.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Sounds as if there was still a bit of the entitlement thing going around with some of the Mullenites. If those guys did not want to be there or buy in, that's not good for a team of any kind.

Cool side note. His sister waited on us at a restaurant back in the late fall and got to talking to us. She said that he is an absolute other realm when he is on the football field. Definitely watching him pancake that Kentucky player showed me how he has an attitude on the field. Glad we have kids that "want" to be here now.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ventrell Miller can be mentioned in the same breath at Wilber Marshall, Scott Brantley and Brandon Spikes.
he’s for sure a tough SOB. And gave it his all his last couple years. But he’s nowhere near the talent or the output of any of those guys.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014

Napier said something similar

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard those exact same words during the offseason........

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Ventrell Miller can be mentioned in the same breath at Wilber Marshall, Scott Brantley and Brandon Spikes.
So glad VM is a Gator. He bleeds O&B and was one of the best defensive players on the team because he was tough, played his assignment properly (which probably pissed off tg), tackled like everyone has been taught since 1908 (except by tg) and gave max effort.

That said, he's not top 4. I could name a ton of LBs who stand between VM and your top 3. Pell, SOS, urbs and even the dry erase board murderer recruited bigger talent. BUT, that is the main difference - talent. If VM had more, he would've maximized every ounce of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator