VHIII snubbed for award

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Vernon Hargreaves doesn't make the finalist list for the @jimthorpeaward given to the best DB in the country

He's either being punished for being on a bad team, or because most people are smart enough to not throw near him. Could be both.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n116527 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Vernon Hargreaves doesn't make the finalist list for the @jimthorpeaward given to the best DB in the country

He's either being punished for being on a bad team, or because most people are smart enough to not throw near him. Could be both.

Guarantee he won't be snubbed in that NFL draft next year

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n116527 said:

IDK, there's been multiple occasions this year when the WR VHIII is guarding picks up a critical 3rd down. I just don't think he's had the type of year that garners an award. But maybe being on a mediocre Gator team had some impact on the voting. :dunno:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n116554 said:
IDK, there's been multiple occasions this year when the WR VHIII is guarding picks up a critical 3rd down. I just don't think he's had the type of year that garners an award. But maybe being on a mediocre Gator team had some impact on the voting. :dunno:

Only game where I saw him burned was Bama game. And he was hurt virtually the entire game. The rest of the year where I saw him beat in one and one were great catches. He won waaaaaay more battles than he lost.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know. he is the best corner I have seen but maybe there is a better one out there. Most games the announcers are pretty hot on the fact that he is the real deal out there. I think it should also be noted that not only does he cover but will come up and make the tackle. (unlike the deion)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn't need an award to legitimize his skills. It's a cold day in Hell when QB's try to throw to his side of the field, and it typically doesn't work out that well for them. The fact that he even has two interceptions is a miracle in itself, because he gets so few opportunities.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
GatorBart;n116554 said:

Agree. He's had a solid season, will likely be 1st team All-SEC....but not the best DB in the nation. If anyone is butt-hurt over this, go look at the guys who are finalists. Well deserved honor for them.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be primed for having one of the best games of his career this Saturday.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
BMF;n116747 said:
Agree. He's had a solid season, will likely be 1st team All-SEC....but not the best DB in the nation. If anyone is butt-hurt over this, go look at the guys who are finalists. Well deserved honor for them.

I did, and I'm not buying it. Here look again these should help.

Attachments

• conv_1431.jpg
    conv_1431.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 49

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good - he'll be back next year and playing with an attitude.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Snubs??? We're talking about snubs???? Tyler Moore was snubbed for the Outland Trophy! This injustice will not stand!

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He could have helped himself by catching a few ints that hit him in the hands this year. Other than that though we know how good he is. An award wont change that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator