Visitor List for this weekend

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holy cow. This may be the biggest group of recruits we've had in 6 or 7 years at a game. The defensive line prospects alone is a who's who on Friday nights.

Shavar Manuel, Janarius Robinson, and Dexter Lawrence. Wow.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/?p=84943

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Need our D to step up big time to not only win the game but want these guys to play for us.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love you J, I really do, but damn I hate all the threads you start with links to other sites. Just post the good stuff from the articles. Is News your alias?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wish we would have brought this group of a listers to vandy or a for sure blow out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;285083 said:
I love you J, I really do, but damn I hate all the threads you start with links to other sites. Just post the good stuff from the articles. Is News your alias?

Well there's a couple reasons I do that. One is to give credit to who credit is due. Some sites and people are great sources of information and as long as they're getting clicks they're able to continue giving that information. The other is the legal aspect. I think copying and pasting from a website violate copyright law. I think you're able to do something like a paragraph or so but nothing more. At least that's my understanding.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n285088 said:
Wish we would have brought this group of a listers to vandy or a for sure blow out.

It's better to show them what The Swamp is like for a big game. It is nice to blow out Vandy, but they are going to see the game on TV or in the stands. The players actually being at the game and feeling the energy of the fans will help more than winning the game for this team. Guys like Sam Bruce who is committed to Miami is going to have to choose between playing in front of 10s of people or playing in the atmostphere that he sees on Saturday.

This should be about as good as it gets from an atmosphere perspective... at least as long as the game stays competitive or Florida is winning big.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
J - My approach addresses both needs, the essential information and the proper credit. I will paste a quote of some of the material, but I try to always lead off with a link back to the original article to provide full access, but more importantly full credit. My method, however, does not provide click thru traffic, which as you point out is necessary to the original content creators in order for them to continue.

============

That's a heckuva list of recruits in attendance this weekend. I like how many of them are returning for unofficial visits, keep them coming to every game and make it feel like home. A few interesting names also in there, some I've never heard of but whatever - I'm open to having anyone who will help us progress. Love the large number of 2016 kids there, but wow...18 kids for 2017 (only 3 currently committed) and even pulling in a few 2018 kids. Building those relationships early ought to pay off.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n285067 said:
Holy cow. This may be the biggest group of recruits we've had in 6 or 7 years at a game. The defensive line prospects alone is a who's who on Friday nights.

All of the recruiting gurus are calling this the best collection of recruits they've ever seen at a game, any game. This is a great indication that Mac and staff are on point with recruiting.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n285088 said:
No way...they need to see a raucous environment and hopefully our fans show up. It's not so much the outcome they will care about as it will be just how we play and the excitement of the game and crowd.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;285201 said:
J - My approach addresses both needs, the essential information and the proper credit. I will paste a quote of some of the material, but I try to always lead off with a link back to the original article to provide full access, but more importantly full credit. My method, however, does not provide click thru traffic, which as you point out is necessary to the original content creators in order for them to continue.

============

That's a heckuva list of recruits in attendance this weekend. I like how many of them are returning for unofficial visits, keep them coming to every game and make it feel like home. A few interesting names also in there, some I've never heard of but whatever - I'm open to having anyone who will help us progress. Love the large number of 2016 kids there, but wow...18 kids for 2017 (only 3 currently committed) and even pulling in a few 2018 kids. Building those relationships early ought to pay off.

Chump was sooooo late on so many recruits. They're doing a great job of early evaluation.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;285202 said:
All of the recruiting gurus are calling this the best collection of recruits they've ever seen at a game, any game. This is a great indication that Mac and staff are on point with recruiting.

Absolutely sick. The wide receiver visitor list is insane as well.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Happy with what the Macrew can do in resurrecting our Gator Program.
Heck, we've got a new coach in Basketball too.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm not mistaken, the SECN will be doing their game day broadcast from Gainesville this Saturday. The atmosphere for this game might be the best we've had in years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n285237 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the SECN will be doing their game day broadcast from Gainesville this Saturday. The atmosphere for this game might be the best we've had in years.

I understand Tebow will be back doing his SECN things.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Per Mr. Crucial:

[This game] has attracted what will be a ridiculous group of recruits at UF for the game. I’ll have a visitor preview out Friday that includes the names of five five-star recruits, four additional Rivals100 members and several elite prospects for 2017.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wow that's a lot of kids! What's the typical number of kids on a SEC divisional home game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n285067 said:

Gotta be sure to show them our new IPF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator