Vols Finally Made a Bowl....extend Pruitt to 2025

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think this trend of extending coaches and giving them huge buyout power has to end.

Yes. But not at Tennessee. This is the exact reason why it took them several years to pay Fulmer millions after he got canned. I guess he wants to take care of his own.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think this move shows that Fulmer and company have ultimately conceded and will not even be judging things for the foreseeable future. They don't want a repeat of 2017, so they'll roll the dice with Pruitt and take whatever comes. It should be mentioned that at this point last year, they were sitting at 1-3, with losses to Georgia State, BYU and of course, UF by 31 points. The idea that 12 months later, you get an extension and increased buyout is insane.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think this move shows that Fulmer and company have ultimately conceded and will not even be judging things for the foreseeable future. They don't want a repeat of 2017, so they'll roll the dice with Pruitt and take whatever comes. It should be mentioned that at this point last year, they were sitting at 1-3, with losses to Georgia State, BYU and of course, UF by 31 points. The idea that 12 months later, you get an extension and increased buyout is insane.

Ahhh...but you forget how Ut football is meant to work! If things go well against Vandy, who they hadn’t beaten in 3 years before 2019, they look great November - August. That’s 10 months to build hope among the toothless masses.

I call it the Alvin Principle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ahhh...but you forget how Ut football is meant to work! If things go well against Vandy, who they hadn’t beaten in 3 years before 2019, they look great November - August.
they play us in November, in the snow.

edit: in December.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ahhh...but you forget how Ut football is meant to work! If things go well against Vandy, who they hadn’t beaten in 3 years before 2019, they look great November - August. That’s 10 months to build hope among the toothless masses.

I call it the Alvin Principle.

True. And remember their "run" last year began with finally getting a win over WM and the gamecocks. It gave them just enough momentum to beat Mizzou, Uk, UAB and Vu and make a bowl. If they'd lost to Usce, I wonder if their streak and this extension would've even happened. The vols already hate Muschamp. How great would it be if after all those losses they endured at his hands, it's the one win over him they'd been dying for that essentially becomes the reason they're stuck with Pruitt far longer than they'd prefer.

Now that's an SEC story.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator