Vols Lose Third to Season Ending Injury

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n264694 said:
They've lost they're best offensive lineman, the nickel starter, and the guard that backs up the one that got hurt. Along with Marquez North be banged up, that's pretty serious.
I agree with this.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If it was our guys going down, it would matter to me. I'm betting Butch would prefer to have those guys than not so its a blow to the team.,,,,, and I ain't complaining.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n264811 said:
Originally posted by Gatorphan View Post
They've lost they're best offensive lineman, the nickel starter, and the guard that backs up the one that got hurt. Along with Marquez North be banged up, that's pretty serious.

I'm not going to pretend to know ut's roster, but I doubt any coach or fan would contend that a redshirt senior is their best olineman. A nickle "starter" is a nice way to say back up corner or safety. The other olinemen was literally just depth for them.

Injuries are never good. But as injuries go imo, these are negligible for their team. North would be a blow, but he's coming back in a week I hear.

They do have issues to go along with the over-hyped team and coach.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n264811 said:
I'm not going to pretend to know ut's roster, but I doubt any coach or fan would contend that a redshirt senior is their best olineman. A nickle "starter" is a nice way to say back up corner or safety. The other olinemen was literally just depth for them.

Injuries are never good. But as injuries go imo, these are negligible for their team. North would be a blow, but he's coming back in a week I hear.
What does Jackson being RSSr have anything to do with him being the anchor of their line? Then they lose a back up at the same position. Also, defenses are in nickel at least half the time nowadays, losing your starting nickel back is substantial. Not every team has the depth at DB that Gators have.

Dec 10, 2014
Gatorphan;n264857 said:
What does Jackson being RSSr have anything to do with him being the anchor of their line?

I think you originally said he was their best offensive lineman. I don't know if "anchor" is the same thing. Regardless successful SEC teams are filled with NFL caliber players. A RS.SR is not that. If he has been around five years, Jones didn't recruit him. Jones has recruited lights out and the talent and potential of his roster is much bigger than his predecessor's. I'm really not trying to get into a ut vol roster argument. I wish them the worst, but I don't these injuries are all that impactful in a talent sense. I guess we will just disagree on that.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n264862 said:
I think you originally said he was their best offensive lineman. I don't know if "anchor" is the same thing. Regardless successful SEC teams are filled with NFL caliber players. A RS.SR is not that. If he has been around five years, Jones didn't recruit him. Jones has recruited lights out and the talent and potential of his roster is much bigger than his predecessor's. I'm really not trying to get into a ut vol roster argument. I wish them the worst, but I don't these injuries are all that impactful in a talent sense. I guess we will just disagree on that.
Sorry to defy your logic, but he was considered by many Vols to be their best offensive lineman. He started 5 games as a true freshman, played in all 12 games as a sophomore, redshirted 2013, and started all 12 games last year. That's a damn good resume.

Dec 10, 2014
Gatorphan;n264865 said:
Sorry to defy your logic, but he was considered by many Vols to be their best offensive lineman. He started 5 games as a true freshman, played in all 12 games as a sophomore, redshirted 2013, and started all 12 games last year. That's a damn good resume.

yikes phan. yikes

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
The hype machine in Knoxville is a bit over the top. However keep in mind you're talking about a fan base that is starved for success. So it's understandable. Excluding those few idiots that expect Tenn to go undefeated, most of what I'm hearing is reasonable. 8-9 win season and then 85% of the same roster returns for 2016 and for many that is actually what has them so excited.
The Oklahoma game is a big one for Tenn but make no mistake in thinking it's bigger than the match up with you guy's. I think Tenn beats Oklahoma which will make it all the more exciting.
The big difference between this years game between Tenn-Fla and years past is that Fla is not the more athletic team. The talent level on both sides of the ball is now equal or very close to it. Not what you want to hear or even believe, but it's true.
Having said that, I am not predicting Tenn to win the game and I won't. I'll never predict Tennessee to beat Florida again until the year after they actually do it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
stephenPE;n264396 said:
I dont know how serious the injuries are up there but UT is going to be much improved if that QB stays healthy. They have a winner there. Real happy the game is in Gville for Macs first year.

Treon's stats were actualy better last year IN OUR PUTRID OFFENSE!

Tyler Bray was supposed to be scary, too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;n264979 said:
Treon's stats were actualy better last year IN OUR PUTRID OFFENSE!

Tyler Bray was supposed to be scary, too.
Yes, Tyler Backtatt looked good in November one year, too. How did that work out for them? Their November patsies have always been the primary cause of Volsheimers.

Hell, Christian Provancha would look good playing their November schedule.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Vols fans are trying to minimize the injuries, but it's the equivalent of UF losing Trip Thurman and Antonio Riles on the o-line and Brian Poole in the secondary, in addition to having Demarcus Robinson not practicing and doubtful for at least the first game or two. They can downplay this and point at this wonderful depth Butch Jones has created, but I thought they were in for a huge crash even before the injuries.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n265277 said:
Vols fans are trying to minimize the injuries, but it's the equivalent of UF losing Trip Thurman and Antonio Riles on the o-line and Brian Poole in the secondary, in addition to having Demarcus Robinson not practicing and doubtful for at least the first game or two. They can downplay this and point at this wonderful depth Butch Jones has created, but I thought they were in for a huge crash even before the injuries.
Their depth really isn't that good. The starting 22 are the most talented they have had in a while there but after that it is a lot of young unproven guys. Any injuries are gonna hurt them bad this year.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n266169 said:
Their depth really isn't that good. The starting 22 are the most talented they have had in a while there but after that it is a lot of young unproven guys. Any injuries are gonna hurt them bad this year.

Agree, I think their depth is lacking too, I was being sarcastic more than anything with I said it was "wonderful."

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SecVolfan13;n264926 said:
The hype machine in Knoxville is a bit over the top. However keep in mind you're talking about a fan base that is starved for success. So it's understandable. Excluding those few idiots that expect Tenn to go undefeated, most of what I'm hearing is reasonable. 8-9 win season and then 85% of the same roster returns for 2016 and for many that is actually what has them so excited.
The Oklahoma game is a big one for Tenn but make no mistake in thinking it's bigger than the match up with you guy's. I think Tenn beats Oklahoma which will make it all the more exciting.
The big difference between this years game between Tenn-Fla and years past is that Fla is not the more athletic team. The talent level on both sides of the ball is now equal or very close to it. Not what you want to hear or even believe, but it's true.
Having said that, I am not predicting Tenn to win the game and I won't. I'll never predict Tennessee to beat Florida again until the year after they actually do it.

Nice to see the one decent Vol in the world back around, although I think you are full of **** with the 8-9 win projection.:box:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Make that four. McNeil, their starting safety. Also their wr Croom will be out at least 4 weeks

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n266899 said:
Make that four. McNeil, their starting safety. Also their wr Croom will be out at least 4 weeks

crying-gif-11.gif

Dec 10, 2014
Ray Finkle;n266899 said:

Now those are big losses. I think Croom is their second receiver and McNeil in conjunction with the other DB hurts. I haven't seen anywhere that says one way or the other how long they will be out. Four weeks could put them back for our game.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Still time for them to suspend or lose to injury a couple more. And you just know they are looking forward to OU. Imagine how great it would be if BGSU somehow slipped in and left with a win. It's a super long-shot but fun to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator