Walker is gone

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And it's confirmed. See ya, Pal.
Sophomore center Chris Walker, a highly-touted five-star prospect who struggled to make an impact in two years with the Florida Gators, has decided to leave the team to try his hand at becoming a professional basketball player.
Walker has officially declared for the 2015 NBA Draft, joining junior guard Michael Frazier II, who left the program weeks ago. Walker’s declaration comes two days before the NBA’s Sunday draft declaration deadline.

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/#ixzz3YFkH3SSm
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good Luck to the kid. He has had a rough life and really wasn't cut out for college.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck to him. We needed the scholarship and he really was not that good. I imagine he probably ends up Dleague or Europe, but I hope he can make a living and do well playing basketball.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In the case of this team, this is clearly addition by subtraction. From a basketball standpoint, Walker was a terrible player. As to why he did not develop at all can be argued, but I wish him well and his only basketball potential is somewhere in the nether regions of the world.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n213866 said:
I was told that he was a cancer to the team due to lack of work ethic. It would be nice if he stayed just to have another big body, but we will be fine without him

"@GoodmanESPN: Chris Walker was not going back to school at Florida -- and that wasn't his own choice."

Guess my guy wasn't lying

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hope he does well. I thank him for trying to make it at UF.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was a risky recruit from the start and I am surprised Billy stuck with him. He can easily jump over smaller players, but regularly got stuffed by mid-level big men. Got moved around way too easily in the paint. Academically challenged from the get-go. Not sure why he came to Florida to play in a system that requires a certain level of intelligence and a definite requirement to play for the good of the team. I have no personal malice towards him, but clearly he is just trying to find a way to make some money and never bought in to being a Gator and never intended to try and finish school (which might end up being the best offer he'll ever get). I wish him luck, 'cause he'll need it, and good riddance at the same time.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n214284 said:
"@GoodmanESPN: Chris Walker was not going back to school at Florida -- and that wasn't his own choice."

Makes more sense, now.

But for his own sake, he still shouldn't have gone pro if there were other, smaller school, college options. He'll be lucky to be playing in the Association next year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n214284 said:

May not have been his choice at the time, but was still a consequence of his choices, from the beginning: 1) struggling to graduate HS delaying his entry into UF by a semester; 2) not working hard enough to improve his game to match the college level; 3) not working hard enough to bulk up his frame to compete in the paint at the college level; and who knows what his grades were like once he got in and maybe he had a hard time keeping his head above water (college is not for everyone).
Either way, good luck to CW - I hope he realizes the work he needs to put in to make it in the NBA someday.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
If Billy goes to OKC he can draft Walker! Good luck to Walker I don't think this is the correct move for him.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n214347 said:
If Billy goes to OKC he can draft Walker! Good luck to Walker I don't think this is the correct move for him.

I think it is the only move for him. If Billy leaves whatever he thought he might get won't be there.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wish the kid well and hope for the best for him. A lot of issues related to his decision. More to it than we all know. I can see the grades, lack of engagement, development, etc. being the reason behind this. In the end both sides are better off. Billy saw this coming.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Walker = Waste = Gone = OK

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless what he does, he needs to learn to do something beyond jamming the ball home or he'll never amount to anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator